Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Attention Directv subscribers

Re: Attention Directv subscribers

Next year I'll be able to subscribe to DTV. My condo beachside will not let us have it at this time. The Mrs. and I are buying a second house.... so I'll be able to do whatever the f*ck I want. But in the interim, there's this awesome pub/fish shack on the beach, 200 yards from my front door, over looking the ocean with all the games.... the thing that sucks about that is that your butt is hugging a barstool for at least 8 hours.

Hall of Famer

I have been a DTV guy for over 12 years. I have been getting the package ever since the beginning. I stopped it 2 years ago because of the cost. It went from $99 when I started into the $300s. I really only need it for at most 2 Steelers games a year. When they play an NFC team at home & Fox has coverage. I still can get the game if the Eagles are not playing at the same time. Last year I got it for free when I moved my service into my new home. I canceled it this year and they tried to give it to me for $149 but I turned it down because "I thought" the only game I needed it for was the Atlanta game. Using past programming, the Steelers should have been on at 1:00 & Eagles at 4:00 because Fox has the double header. I checked DTV on my local and it is showing the Giants game at 1:00.

SO....Thank you for posting this! I actually called DTV last to confirm and they said yes it will be free week 1. I was starting to make plans elsewhere but the party is back on!

On another note. If you are thinking about buying it wait for Sunday!!!! Shhh...They are running a special. I'm pretty good at talking to people, especially they other gender, and while wheelin & dealin to get the price they offered me when I canceled, she told me about the special. Hopefully it helps someone. And if it is less than what the current subscribers paid...Make a stink!!! Tell them you want to turn it off week 2 and credit your payments if this happens. Hey...It may be the price of a couple cases of Beer or a bottle...You might need it through the first 4 games!!!

Hall of Famer

Quote Originally Posted by AngryAsian
    Next year I'll be able to subscribe to DTV. My condo beachside will not let us have it at this time. The Mrs. and I are buying a second house.... so I'll be able to do whatever the f*ck I want. But in the interim, there's this awesome pub/fish shack on the beach, 200 yards from my front door, over looking the ocean with all the games.... the thing that sucks about that is that your butt is hugging a barstool for at least 8 hours.
    Condo Beachside...Hmm!

I will hold the dish and bring me HD receiver to be invited to that party AA!!!

That sucks. If you were a subscriber, I would find a way to set it up for games while you were at the beach. I did it all the time when we go camping/cabin before I got HD. I haven't done it with the new HD receivers but I assume they work the same and are not anymore difficult to set up.