Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Miller emerges as Steelers' quiet force

Legend

User Info Menu

Re: Miller emerges as Steelers' quiet force

Quote Originally Posted by feltdizz
    Heath is not a great blocker. He is decent but he is a much better receiver than blocker.
    He's above average in the league right now, IMO and the Steelers don't want him to be a third tackle on the field. He's a Pro Bowler that doesn't get recognized because he doesn't catch 90 - 100 passes.

Dixon should lean heavily on him against the Falcons.

Let me add this about Miller, he is whatever the quarterback needs him to be. What I mean is that he can be a weapon or a security blanket. For Ben, he's a weapon first and then a security blanket, for Dixon he should be a security blanket first and a weapon second.

Pappy

1.20 - JC Latham, OT, Alabama
    2.51 - Xavier leggette, WR, South Carolina
    3.84 - Sedrick Van-Pran Granger, OC, Georgia
    3.98 - Andru Phillips, CB, Kentucky
    4.119 - Maason Smith, DT, LSU
    7.178 -
    7.195 -

"Football is a physical game, well, it used to be anyways" - Mel Blount

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by SteelCrazy
    Heath is not a great blocker. He is decent but he is a much better receiver than blocker.
    As TE's go, he's one of the best in the league..........@ blocking
    don't believe it... maybe he is the best blocking TE with over 50+ receptions but there is no way he is the best blocking TE in the league. It's a myth... watch him on 3rd and short.. he gets beat inside too much IMO.
    I lost a bet about Najee gaining 1300 yards.

"Our head coach has failed to win a playoff game for seven years in a row. His game day strategy, culture of divas, in game decisions, clock management, player evaluation, hires, and affinity with sub par starters at RB, P, and OL are holding the Steelers back. That standard remains the standard"

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by SteelCrazy
    As TE's go, he's one of the best in the league..........@ blocking
    don't believe it... maybe he is the best blocking TE with over 50+ receptions but there is no way he is the best blocking TE in the league. It's a myth... watch him on 3rd and short.. he gets beat inside too much IMO.
    Watch any TE, they blow blocking assignments and blocks every game....Heath is above average in both receiving and blocking, making him one of the best all around TE's in the game today. He isnt perfect by any stretch, but he is a rare breed.
    2019 Mock

1. ILB
    2. CB
    3. ILB
    4. S
    5. CB
    6. ILB
    7. S

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Eddie Spaghetti
    burnett catches alot of heat from the dropped INT vs. the raiders, but Millers bobble off a perfect pass cost us the KC game. win either one and you're in the playoff.

i'm probably alone in thinking heath had a bad year last year. great numbers, but came up small in some big spots IMO.
    Last season Big Ben did throw a lot to Heath Miller and he may have dropped/bobbled a few passes but if you look at the percentage, the drops were very negligible. I mean Heath is going to drop a few passes if he is catching 70 passes a season. Same goes for Hines Ward and Holmes.
    Steelers Draft 2015
    Rd 1: Devante Parker - WR/ Kevin Johnson - CB
    Rd 2: Danielle Hunter -OLB
    Rd 3: Steven Nelson - CB
    Rd 4: Derron Smith - S
    Rd 5: Henry Anderson - DE
    Rd 6: Wes Saxton - TE
    Rd 7: Deon Simon - DT

Legend

User Info Menu

Eric Green played 5 seasons in Pittsburgh. He had 198 catches for 2681 yards and 24 TD's.

Heath Miller has played 5 seasons in Pittsburgh. He has 244 catches for 2721 yards and 27 TD's.
    Steeler teams featuring stat-driven, me-first, fantasy-football-darling diva types such as Antonio Brown & Le'Veon Bell won no championships.

Super Bowl winning Steeler teams were built around a dynamic, in-your-face defense plus blue-collar, hard-hitting, no-nonsense football players on offense such as Hines Ward & Jerome Bettis.

We don't want Juju & Conner to replace what we lost in Brown & Bell.

We are counting on Juju & Conner to return us to the glory we once had with Hines & The Bus.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by RuthlessBurgher
    Eric Green played 5 seasons in Pittsburgh. He had 198 catches for 2681 yards and 24 TD's.

Heath Miller has played 5 seasons in Pittsburgh. He has 244 catches for 2721 yards and 27 TD's.
    who was the QB for Green?

he was on run first and run often football teams.

if he had Ben Green may have had twice those numbers
    I lost a bet about Najee gaining 1300 yards.

"Our head coach has failed to win a playoff game for seven years in a row. His game day strategy, culture of divas, in game decisions, clock management, player evaluation, hires, and affinity with sub par starters at RB, P, and OL are holding the Steelers back. That standard remains the standard"

Legend

User Info Menu

Green had flat-out amazing physical skill. He could have been a bigger, more physically imposing version of Antonio Gates if he wanted to be. But he was a lazy @$$. When I think of Green now, I don't think of what he did out on the field...I think about what he could have done out on the field if he were truly motivated...what might have been.
    Steeler teams featuring stat-driven, me-first, fantasy-football-darling diva types such as Antonio Brown & Le'Veon Bell won no championships.

Super Bowl winning Steeler teams were built around a dynamic, in-your-face defense plus blue-collar, hard-hitting, no-nonsense football players on offense such as Hines Ward & Jerome Bettis.

We don't want Juju & Conner to replace what we lost in Brown & Bell.

We are counting on Juju & Conner to return us to the glory we once had with Hines & The Bus.

Legend

User Info Menu

Every WR in the Hall of Fame has dropped a catchable ball. With the season on the line, Miller is as clutch as they come (he's the opposite of Nate Washington....)!

I'd love nothing more than to see Dixon find him on a regular basis. Only good things happen.

Rookie

User Info Menu

who was the QB for Green?

he was on run first and run often football teams.

if he had Ben Green may have had twice those numbers
    Green was on run first and run often teams because they had to be...

Miller played on a team last year with Hines Ward, Santonio Holmes and Mike Wallace...

Green played on a team with Jeff Graham, Ernie Mills and Dwight Stone...
    Actually, my post was NOT about you...but, if the shoe fits, feel free to lace that &!+€# up and wear it.