Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: Who will be the QB when Ben's suspension is over?

Starter

User Info Menu

Re: Who will be the QB when Ben's suspension is over?

Well I'm glad you cracked the code. I'm thinking you have a theory and are grasping at pieces that seem to fit. My sense is that whatever happened in GA that night, the witnesses are likely not that interested in flying to Pittsburgh to testify before a borough board over some cop's job and I'm not even sure perjury is an issue in what amounts to a administrative hearing held by local elected officials, but I could be wrong.

If you are so into this, you could contact Santicolla for comment.

Legend

User Info Menu

Seem to fit? No, they fit. They accused Ben of raping their friend. They accused Ben's big mean bodyguard of "dragging her" down the hallway so she could be raped.

And now you are telling me they don't care enough? Spare me.

This was BS from the start. Ben and Miss DTF stopped doing what they were doing, Ben went and sat down and talked with another girl, and that pissed her and her friends off.

One of whom was thrown out of the VIP room for calling him a rapist earlier in the night.

This was nothing but payback to embarrass him, and it worked.

And Goodell only made it worse by suspending him.

Perjury may not be an issue, but Ben can sue them when they admit they lied, no?

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

who cares what ben may have or may have not done? its old news and he is suspended for four games. nothing is going to change that. if he really did rape that whore than why didnt they charge him? you know the GA DA was dying to charge ben.

these guys are football players not priests. ben probably wasnt being a gentlemen but he isnt a raper either. who cares though? if ben isnt your relative or friend what difference does it make? as long as any steeler isnt killing dogs or commiting any other violent crimes i could careless what they do in their personal lives. as long as they win games they can do whatever off the field.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

I don't know why I find it amusing that this thread has gone on for so long...
    go to [URL]http://www.thebreastcancersite.com[/URL] to donate a free mammogram a day to women without health insurance.

Starter

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Crash
    Perjury may not be an issue, but Ben can sue them when they admit they lied, no?
    In theory, yes. But even assuming he could convince a jury they lied you'd have the public spectacle of a trial with testimony unfriendly to Ben's reputation. I doubt it is in his interest to pursue that and the NFL probably would frown upon it. It could also be against the terms of any settlement Ben may or may not have signed with the lady/ies in question.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by fordfixer
    Quote Originally Posted by sentinel33
    i agree with ruthlessburger.

Do you think the Rooneys are gonna pay Ben that money to sit the bench?
    No.
    Dixon can probably do well enough that the team wins a couple of games(atlanta,tampa) , but it won't be because of his outstanding play. He's not quite there yet. We'll see glimpses of great play but he won't be consistent. The defense should be very close to the '08 defense that was one of the best there has ever been. And it will be the defense that will get the team to .500 when Ben comes back.
    Dixon will need another year to get to startying qb caliber and, like ruthless said, we trade that kid for a top 100 draft pick or a quality starter.
    Ben has always been one of the best qb's in the league. Even as a Rookie. This guy loves the game and he is gonna seriously light teams up this year.
    He'll have more time to throw with Pouncey at center(upgrade) and Adams at RG(upgrade). Once the line gets comfortable in the run blocking this offense will take off. The team is nicely loaded at RB and WR. I think the rookies are gonna surprise alot of people(Sanders and Brown). They will be nice compliments to Ward Wallace and Miller.
    The real season starts with game 5. I'm holding my breath 'til then.
    Ben's the QB. That's it.

sentinel I see that you have been a member here for awhile, but just started posting a few day's ago so, I think there is one thing you need to know, Never ever use the phrase "i agree with ruthlessburger". It's kinda like feeding a stray dog, if you know what I mean.
    I think sentinel should just put "i agree with ruthlessburger" in big, bold letters as his sig. Instant respect from all.
    Steeler teams featuring stat-driven, me-first, fantasy-football-darling diva types such as Antonio Brown & Le'Veon Bell won no championships.

Super Bowl winning Steeler teams were built around a dynamic, in-your-face defense plus blue-collar, hard-hitting, no-nonsense football players on offense such as Hines Ward & Jerome Bettis.

We don't want Juju & Conner to replace what we lost in Brown & Bell.

We are counting on Juju & Conner to return us to the glory we once had with Hines & The Bus.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by RuthlessBurgher
    Quote Originally Posted by fordfixer
    Quote Originally Posted by sentinel33
    i agree with ruthlessburger.

Do you think the Rooneys are gonna pay Ben that money to sit the bench?
    No.
    Dixon can probably do well enough that the team wins a couple of games(atlanta,tampa) , but it won't be because of his outstanding play. He's not quite there yet. We'll see glimpses of great play but he won't be consistent. The defense should be very close to the '08 defense that was one of the best there has ever been. And it will be the defense that will get the team to .500 when Ben comes back.
    Dixon will need another year to get to startying qb caliber and, like ruthless said, we trade that kid for a top 100 draft pick or a quality starter.
    Ben has always been one of the best qb's in the league. Even as a Rookie. This guy loves the game and he is gonna seriously light teams up this year.
    He'll have more time to throw with Pouncey at center(upgrade) and Adams at RG(upgrade). Once the line gets comfortable in the run blocking this offense will take off. The team is nicely loaded at RB and WR. I think the rookies are gonna surprise alot of people(Sanders and Brown). They will be nice compliments to Ward Wallace and Miller.
    The real season starts with game 5. I'm holding my breath 'til then.
    Ben's the QB. That's it.

sentinel I see that you have been a member here for awhile, but just started posting a few day's ago so, I think there is one thing you need to know, Never ever use the phrase "i agree with ruthlessburger". It's kinda like feeding a stray dog, if you know what I mean.
    I think sentinel should just put "i agree with ruthlessburger" in big, bold letters as his sig. Instant respect from all Browns fans both of them
    Fixed that for you

Molon labe

People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf. George Orwell

?We're not going to apologize for winning.?
    Mike Tomlin

American metal pimped by asiansteel
    Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you 1. Jesus Christ, 2.The American G.I., One died for your soul, the other for your freedom.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by RuthlessBurgher
    If Dennis Dixon averages a perfect passer rating, 10 TDs and a 80% pass completion rating, then we trade him to Arizona for Larry Fitzgerald.

:P

Or wait till after the season and trade him for a number 1 and then draft these guys...

Patrick Peterson CB LSU
    Rahim Moore S UCLA

Steelers 2015 Draft???....Go Freak! As in....

1-Bernardrick McKinney MLB Mississippi State 6 ft 5 250 4.5 40 yard dash