Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Who will be the QB when Ben's suspension is over?

Legend

Re: Who will be the QB when Ben's suspension is over?

There is no reason to compare Dixon to Ben. I don't care how we get the win as long as we get it. There were games Ben threw the ball 15 and 17 times and we won with ease.

I have no idea why people keep putting a Ben blanket on Dixon. He isn't a threat to take his job. Maybe some people are keeping the expectations low to keep from being disappointed but there is no reason for me to be pessimistic. I expect good things and if he plays bad... Go with Batch.

Why would you tade a proven commodity that is so hard to find.
    Now if the boy screws up again than you throw out the trash. I for one feel like he has turned the corner. He's getting good advice from Hodge and Cowher and not people like Bradshaw. It's sad that Bradshaw made the issue personal and made those remarks about the 6 game suspension etc. That also proves to me that Ben is gettin things in order. Who you get advice from says alot about you as a person.

Quote Originally Posted by cruzer8
    Quote Originally Posted by BradshawsHairdresser
    This scenario was brought up in another thread:
    Suppose Dixon goes 4-0, throws 8 tds and no interceptions.

I don't think that's likely to happen. But if it did, there would be some big-time controversy, and I would not be surprised if Tomlin stayed with the "hot hand" at QB.
    1) That's not going to happen

and

B) Even if it did you don't keep your franchise QB on the bench.
    Agreed.

But...
    Quote Originally Posted by Crash

They can still trade him, no?
    They could chose to unload their "franchise QB" and his franchise salary. Lots of Steelers' fans might not agree with such a move, but the team could decide to do so
    anyway.

Pro Bowler

Ben and this didn't need to be asked.

That's true but Roethlisberger is worth the contract. It's not like he doesnt deliver.
    What irks me is that Tomlin had an opportunity to back Ben and simply say that Ben is the QB. But instead he created drama. If Ben came back and stunk up the joint maybe you yank him and get him straight. It's crazy to me how that organization hasnt backed him up at all. i mean he doesnt get voted captain. i get it. but i think we are passed the point of sending the guy messages. Tomlin not backing him was weak.
    You know how it goes- the popular kid gets voted prom king and class president and leads his sports teams to state championships while getting a full ride at a prestigious school. He grabs the keys to Dads porshe and goes to a party and gets lit up and wrecks the porche.
    thats ben on not as grand a scale. People screw up. it's if they learn from it that really denotes true character. It amazes me how so many people have turned there back on him.

Answer is Ben. Nuff said....

Tomlin.

6- Time Super Bowl Champions......
    IX X XIII XIV XL XLIII

2012 MNF Executive Champion

Quote Originally Posted by sentinel33
    That's true but Roethlisberger is worth the contract. It's not like he doesnt deliver.
    What irks me is that Tomlin had an opportunity to back Ben and simply say that Ben is the QB. But instead he created drama. If Ben came back and stunk up the joint maybe you yank him and get him straight. It's crazy to me how that organization hasnt backed him up at all. i mean he doesnt get voted captain. i get it. but i think we are passed the point of sending the guy messages. Tomlin not backing him was weak.
    You know how it goes- the popular kid gets voted prom king and class president and leads his sports teams to state championships while getting a full ride at a prestigious school. He grabs the keys to Dads porshe and goes to a party and gets lit up and wrecks the porche.
    thats ben on not as grand a scale. People screw up. it's if they learn from it that really denotes true character. It amazes me how so many people have turned there back on him.

Getting drunk and wrecking the porshe doesn't exactly equal getting drunk and being accused of rape one year and sexual assault the next. Also the fact that he came out last year after the McNulty thing and apologized to his team and the fans and said he was innocent and he would keep his nose clean, only to have something similar happen a year later equates complete idiocy.

Seriously, how does this kind of stuff even get rationalized in people's heads?

Ben, next question.

sd steel

No they arent the same. thats why its a metaphor. Furthermore its pretty obvious what happened to Ben. In Vegas he was being set up by that Mcnulty wench. In Georgia the girl was looking for it(DTF). Sadly Ben was too ignorant, not idiotic, to recognize what people were doing to him. His immaturity and ignorance got him into those situations. this is a learning experience if i ever saw one. At 27 yrs. old and with all the success that guy had I may have done the same thing. People make it seem like he commited Genocide or something. I'm by no means condoneing his actions. He deserved what he got. Steelers fans need to learn to forgive.

Personally- I don't think he deserved a 4 game suspension.

6- Time Super Bowl Champions......
    IX X XIII XIV XL XLIII

2012 MNF Executive Champion