Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 58

Thread: Who will be the QB when Ben's suspension is over?

  1. #11
    Legend

    User Info Menu

    Re: Who will be the QB when Ben's suspension is over?

    Quote Originally Posted by cruzer8
    Ben. Hope that helps.

    you took the words right out of my mouth...Ben has already won 2 Super Bowls, franchise QBs like him don't exactly grow on trees.


  2. #12
    Legend

    User Info Menu

    Re: Who will be the QB when Ben's suspension is over?

    Ben. No further explanation needed.

  3. #13
    Legend

    User Info Menu

    Re: Who will be the QB when Ben's suspension is over?

    Dennis Dixon isn't going to light up the scoreboard and the offense isn't going to become an unstoppable force. I hope the Steelers can win one game while Ben is out and then go 8-4 with Ben for a 9-7 record and a shot at the playoffs. Expecting Dixon to play like Ben did in his rookie year is far fetched.

    Pray for two wins, hope for one win and don't think about losing them all.

    Ben will be the quarterback when the suspension is over and Steeler fans everywhere will rejoice.

    Pappy


    The referee said that you hit Brian Sipe too hard. Did you hit him too hard?
    I hit him as hard as I could - Jack Lambert

  4. #14
    Legend

    User Info Menu

    Re: Who will be the QB when Ben's suspension is over?

    If Dennis Dixon averages a perfect passer rating, 10 TDs and a 80% pass completion rating, then we trade him to Arizona for Larry Fitzgerald.

    :P


    NFL player locker room talk: Discussing what can be done about racial inequality and criminal justice reform.

    Presidential locker room talk: Discussing involuntary gynecological exams.

    According to the highest office in the country, some "very fine people" marched with torches in a violent protest in Charlottesville, but participating in a non-violent protest on a football field means you are an S.O.B. who should be fired.

  5. #15
    Hall of Famer

    User Info Menu

    Re: Who will be the QB when Ben's suspension is over?

    Quote Originally Posted by papillon
    Dennis Dixon isn't going to light up the scoreboard and the offense isn't going to become an unstoppable force. I hope the Steelers can win one game while Ben is out and then go 8-4 with Ben for a 9-7 record and a shot at the playoffs. Expecting Dixon to play like Ben did in his rookie year is far fetched.

    Pray for two wins, hope for one win and don't think about losing them all.

    Ben will be the quarterback when the suspension is over and Steeler fans everywhere will rejoice.

    Pappy
    This = $$

  6. #16
    Legend

    User Info Menu

    Re: Who will be the QB when Ben's suspension is over?

    Quote Originally Posted by RuthlessBurgher
    If Dennis Dixon averages a perfect passer rating, 10 TDs and a 80% pass completion rating, then we trade him to Arizona for Larry Fitzgerald.
    Why? So we can have Larry get served with a PFA in Pittsburgh too?

  7. #17
    Legend

    User Info Menu

    Re: Who will be the QB when Ben's suspension is over?

    When has our offense been an unstoppable force? Sure, we had the potential to be unstoppable the last few years but we always had mental breakdowns or bad OL play....

    I'm a little concerned with how bad people think we will be without Ben. In the last 5 years we haven't seen a huge drop off in efficiency because we adjusted our game plan. You guys keep talking like we are going to call the game like Ben is playing amd just throw Dixon in the fire.

    We will be conservative, roll Dixon out a ton and if he doesn't see the WR he will tuck and run for a first down.
    1) Chidobe Awuzie - CB, Colorado.
    2) Tim Williams - LB, Bama.
    3) Josh Jones S, NCState.
    3 Comp) Isaiah Ford, WR - VTech.
    4) Kareem Hunt - RB, Toledo.
    5) Josh Dobbs - QB, Tenn.
    6) Greg Pike - G/OT, Georgia.
    7) Isaac Rochell - DL, ND.

  8. #18
    Starter

    User Info Menu

    Re: Who will be the QB when Ben's suspension is over?

    Quote Originally Posted by feltdizz
    When has our offense been an unstoppable force? Sure, we had the potential to be unstoppable the last few years but we always had mental breakdowns or bad OL play....

    I'm a little concerned with how bad people think we will be without Ben. In the last 5 years we haven't seen a huge drop off in efficiency because we adjusted our game plan. You guys keep talking like we are going to call the game like Ben is playing amd just throw Dixon in the fire.

    We will be conservative, roll Dixon out a ton and if he doesn't see the WR he will tuck and run for a first down.
    I highly doubt we will see that. If DD rolls out he'll be doing that on his own, not because it's by design.

  9. #19
    Backup

    User Info Menu

    Re: Who will be the QB when Ben's suspension is over?

    i agree with ruthlessburger.

    Do you think the Rooneys are gonna pay Ben that money to sit the bench?
    No.
    Dixon can probably do well enough that the team wins a couple of games(atlanta,tampa) , but it won't be because of his outstanding play. He's not quite there yet. We'll see glimpses of great play but he won't be consistent. The defense should be very close to the '08 defense that was one of the best there has ever been. And it will be the defense that will get the team to .500 when Ben comes back.
    Dixon will need another year to get to startying qb caliber and, like ruthless said, we trade that kid for a top 100 draft pick or a quality starter.
    Ben has always been one of the best qb's in the league. Even as a Rookie. This guy loves the game and he is gonna seriously light teams up this year.
    He'll have more time to throw with Pouncey at center(upgrade) and Adams at RG(upgrade). Once the line gets comfortable in the run blocking this offense will take off. The team is nicely loaded at RB and WR. I think the rookies are gonna surprise alot of people(Sanders and Brown). They will be nice compliments to Ward Wallace and Miller.
    The real season starts with game 5. I'm holding my breath 'til then.
    Ben's the QB. That's it.

  10. #20
    Legend

    User Info Menu

    Re: Who will be the QB when Ben's suspension is over?

    Do you think the Rooneys are gonna pay Ben that money to sit the bench?
    No.
    They can still trade him, no?

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •