Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Ravens sign Tj Houshmandzadeh

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Ravens sign Tj Houshmandzadeh

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Re: Ravens sign Tj Houshmandzadeh

wow bad news. im shocked the vikings didnt want to sign him, they need a wr bad. berrian is garbage. the steelers should of pulled of a red sox/yanks type move and signed douchemandzadeh just so the ratbirds couldnt get him. this season is going to be awful i know it. im pretty worried about our secondary playing the ratbirds and bengals. oakland and kc sliced up our D last year.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Holy moley.... I was hoping this was a late, April Fool's joke

Backup

User Info Menu

Their the best team in the division. This move puts them out front. We used to have clearly better WR but no more. We lose Holmes while they add Bolden and Whosyourmama. The Steelers have a third place roster even with Ben at QB. Without him the team is cooked.
    The Steelers’ went through seven consecutive drafts (2003-09) without taking an offensive lineman in the first two rounds, the longest such streak by any franchise this century.

Legend

User Info Menu

No way did I want him on the Steelers, but I wish he would have gone somewhere other than Baltimore. He seemed to be one of those guys that always played well against the Steelers.

Legend

User Info Menu

Well, I think Baltimore is the official Douchebag capital of the Mid-Atlantic region, so he picked the right place to go. People always thought that Ocho was a divisive force in Cincy, but when the Bengals lost, Chad tended to clam up. He has always been overly demonstrative leading up to games and with celebrations and such, but he never played the blame game after losses.

On the other hand, T.J. was the go-to guy for the Cincy media when they were looking for juicy postgame tidbits that were often whiny rants in which he threw teammates under the bus. It's Housh that has always a divisive force. I'm not upset that he's in Baltimore. T.J. and Anquan are both possession receivers. Neither has ever been a deep threat, and after Dante Stallworth broke his foot last week, the Ravens are still lacking one of those.
    Steeler teams featuring stat-driven, me-first, fantasy-football-darling diva types such as Antonio Brown & Le'Veon Bell won no championships.

Super Bowl winning Steeler teams were built around a dynamic, in-your-face defense plus blue-collar, hard-hitting, no-nonsense football players on offense such as Hines Ward & Jerome Bettis.

We don't want Juju & Conner to replace what we lost in Brown & Bell.

We are counting on Juju & Conner to return us to the glory we once had with Hines & The Bus.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Douchemania in the STD capital. Not sure the Doucheman is at the top of his game anymore. He's not going to outrun anybody in our secondary. I guess we'll see in a few weeks.

Ray Rice is the real weapon on that team. Let's not get too distracted by the Doucheman.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

3rd place roster? Not so sure about that. Gotta play all 16 games to see what happens. It ain't won on paper. Still think we have a better team then either Cincy or the Baltimorons.

We'll see in December.....
    6- Time Super Bowl Champions......
    IX X XIII XIV XL XLIII

2012 MNF Executive Champion

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by pfelix73
    3rd place roster? Not so sure about that. Gotta play all 16 games to see what happens. It ain't won on paper. Still think we have a better team then either Cincy or the Baltimorons.

We'll see in December.....
    Right on.
    Baltimore's defense is past it's freshness date, their fatboy frontmen will fade into 3rd & 4th quarters, and they will get used by good offenses (maybe even by the Jests). I think that is the 3rd-place roster.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Its another weapon in their arsenal, but it doesn't mean its an effective one. He's the definition of overrated. Maybe seattle just used him wrong, but he hasn't been the player he was for the bengals and I don't expect him to be.

They should be signing defensive players, because they are going to get used.

I still say Steelers and Bengals finish ahead of Ravens...
    http://i371.photobucket.com/albums/oo156/shiek2134/SHIEK.jpg?t=1299014285