Backup

User Info Menu

Final 53

Anyone got a list of the final 53?

Backup

User Info Menu

Re: Final 53

The roster here appears to be up to date:

[url="http://sports2.triblive.com/merge/tsnform.aspx?c=pittsburghlive&page=nfl/teams/082/roster.aspx?id=082"]http://sports2.triblive.com/merge/tsnfo ... spx?id=082[/url]

QB Batch, Dixon, Leftwich, Roethlisberger
    RB Dwyer, Mendenhall, Moore, Redman
    TE Johnson, Miller, Spaeth
    WR Battle, Brown, Randle El, Sanders, Wallace, Ward
    OL Adams, Essex, Foster, Hills, Kemoeatu, Legursky, Pouncey, Scott, Starks

DL Eason, Hampton, Hoke, Hood, Keisel, Smith
    LB Farrior, Foote, Fox, Gibson, Harrison, Sylvester, Timmons, Woodley, Worilds
    DB Allen, Butler, Clark, Gay, Lewis, Madison, McFadden, Mundy, Polamalu, Taylor

LS Warren
    PK Reed
    P Sepulveda

54 -- Ben has a roster exemption during suspension

Legend

User Info Menu

I'm irritated that Worthington didn't make it but stoked Hills made this squad.
    Trolls are people too.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

I'm pleased that they kept a lot of young players (with the exception of the DL). Worthington and Harris both have potential and hopefully they will both make the PS. I can't see why Burnett would stick around here, but I hope he goes to the PS as well. I'd also like Cromartie-Smith to stick around. As for the rest of the PS, I'd rather that we found our talent elsewhere. I'd love to see them bring Pat White to the PS as a WR.
    Even if Bill Belichick was getting an atomic wedgie, his face would look exactly the same.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

I think Ben cost us even more young talent because we have had to keep extra gunners on STs. Why?
    Because we can't make ONE mistake on special teams and in fact need to make some super human plays there. I imagine either Madison or Mundy gets cut once Ben comes back. The lineblood of the team comes from the youth development.
    I'm disappointed about a few young plays being cut.
    We have more garbage OL eating up spots due to Colon being hurt. We've throw a bunch of garbage at the spot hoping someone will stick, but its eating up space for budding talent.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by aggiebones
    I think Ben cost us even more young talent because we have had to keep extra gunners on STs. Why?
    Because we can't make ONE mistake on special teams and in fact need to make some super human plays there. I imagine either Madison or Mundy gets cut once Ben comes back. The lineblood of the team comes from the youth development.
    We have more garbage OL eating up spots due to Colon being hurt. We've throw a bunch of garbage at the spot hoping someone will stick, but its eating up space for budding talent.
    When Ben comes back, we cut one of the QB's. There is no reason to keep 4 on the 53 when he is eligible.
    Steeler teams featuring stat-driven, me-first, fantasy-football-darling diva types such as Antonio Brown & Le'Veon Bell won no championships.

Super Bowl winning Steeler teams were built around a dynamic, in-your-face defense plus blue-collar, hard-hitting, no-nonsense football players on offense such as Hines Ward & Jerome Bettis.

We don't want Juju & Conner to replace what we lost in Brown & Bell.

We are counting on Juju & Conner to return us to the glory we once had with Hines & The Bus.

Legend

User Info Menu

Surprised & a little disappointed Burnett got cut so early in his career- thought there was something to work with there.

That said, Crezdon Butler has looked good & probably makes Burnett expendable.

The OL looks about right. Looks like Essex holds the RG spot. Foster, in Chadman's opinion, is the better option.

DL...can only hold so many guys for a 3 man position. Worthington & Harris, despite many fears to the contrary, are good candidates to make the PS. Smart move by the FO, as the other option was to cut either a WR or LB- and had they done that, it's more unlikely a Antonio Brown or Sly make it to the PS- they have a greater demand on the open market.

RB looks light on for experience- and if Mendy goes down, lets hope Dwyer/Redman can fill in, because Moore is not an every-down type RB. Here's betting Dwyer, if Mendy was to get hurt, would become 'the guy'.
    The people that are trying to make the world worse never take a day off, why should I?

Light up the darkness.

2024 Draft
    1. Kool-Aid McKinstry CB
    2. Sedrick Van Pran-Grainger OC
    3. Malachi Corley WR
    3. Maason Smith DT
    4. Matt Goncalves OT
    6. Trevin Wallace ILB
    7. AJ Barner TE

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by RuthlessBurgher
    When Ben comes back, we cut one of the QB's. There is no reason to keep 4 on the 53 when he is eligible.
    There will be a QB controversy when Batch leads us to 4-0 then gets cut following the return of Ben and Lefty.
    http://i177.photobucket.com/albums/w226/angryasian07/SIGNATURES/DOS2.jpg
    Crush your enemies, see them driven before you, hear the lamentations of their women.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Discipline of Steel
    Quote Originally Posted by RuthlessBurgher
    There will be a QB controversy when Batch leads us to 4-0 then gets cut following the return of Ben and Lefty.
    If Batch and Dixon team up to win us 4 games and look surprisingly good doing it, then cut Leftwich when Ben returns. I don't see any way we hold onto 4 QB's after the first month. None.

I think the Leftwich injury cost Burnett his roster spot for now. If Byron's injury didn't happen, I think we would have kept Leftwich and Dixon, cut Batch, and would have one more spot to play with (at least until Ben came back).
    Steeler teams featuring stat-driven, me-first, fantasy-football-darling diva types such as Antonio Brown & Le'Veon Bell won no championships.

Super Bowl winning Steeler teams were built around a dynamic, in-your-face defense plus blue-collar, hard-hitting, no-nonsense football players on offense such as Hines Ward & Jerome Bettis.

We don't want Juju & Conner to replace what we lost in Brown & Bell.

We are counting on Juju & Conner to return us to the glory we once had with Hines & The Bus.

Backup

User Info Menu

That, of course, assumes that there was other budding talent available. There wasn't. They cut Urbik and Hartwig, because they were clearly the two worst options on the line. They kept Legursky, Hills, Foster, Chris Scott (he's on PUP, not cut), and Pouncey. That's a 2nd yr G-C, a 3rd yr T, 2nd year swing T/G, a rookie T, and a rookie C. You could build a starting line out of our young lineman if Scott wasn't hurt. So I'm not sure how much more youth they could have kept.