Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Greg Lloyd Jr.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Greg Lloyd Jr.

Is he still at UConn? if so, anyone watching him play today. Michigan is moving the ball pretty well.
    never too early to begin thinking about the draft.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Re: Greg Lloyd Jr.

Quote Originally Posted by birtikidis
    Is he still at UConn? if so, anyone watching him play today. Michigan is moving the ball pretty well.
    #95. Had a couple of nice tackles but Michigan is moving the ball pretty easily on their D.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

He is to light to play DE against those big tackles. He needs to be a LB. He is a big hitter.
    1/28-Rashaan Evans=ILB-Alabama
    2/60-Jessie Bates-S-Wake Forrest
    3/92-Dorrance Armstrong-OLB-Kansas
    5/148-Bo Scarbrough-RB-Alabama
    5/165-Jack Cichy-ILB-Wisconsin
    7/220-Jeff Badet-WR-Oklahoma
    7/246-Steven Parker-S-Oklahoma

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by SteelBucks
    #95. Had a couple of nice tackles but Michigan is moving the ball pretty easily on their D.
    Surprised he's wearing his dad's #95. Anyone know if they patched up their differences?

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

I'm surprised more kids from NFL players are not in the league. I would have thought that some of the 70's Steeler players would have had children playing on our today Steeler teams. Actually they would now be retired by now but, still the same. Just goes to show the special gift of talent that graces the few. I'm sure it has something to do with some of them having the opportunity of having dads with big money and being set up in life with an education and finacial backing. No need to play football.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by fezziwig
    I'm surprised more kids from NFL players are not in the league. I would have thought that some of the 70's Steeler players would have had children playing on our today Steeler teams. Actually they would now be retired by now but, still the same. Just goes to show the special gift of talent that graces the few. I'm sure it has something to do with some of them having the opportunity of having dads with big money and being set up in life with an education and finacial backing. No need to play football.
    I'm sure alot of the parents don't want their kids to go through the physical issues many of them are dealing with and have steered them in other directions or sports. Example being Mark Schlereth whose son is now a MLB pitcher.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Oviedo
    Quote Originally Posted by fezziwig
    I'm sure alot of the parents don't want their kids to go through the physical issues many of them are dealing with and have steered them in other directions or sports. Example being Mark Schlereth whose son is now a MLB pitcher.

I agree, I think it is huge with the parents feeling the physical pain they probably now have and to direct their kids in a different direction.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

i like lloyd jr. i missed the game on sat but i saw him play a lot the last couple of seasons. he is a really good tackler. he would be worth a late round pick imo.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by frankthetank1
    i like lloyd jr. i missed the game on sat but i saw him play a lot the last couple of seasons. he is a really good tackler. he would be worth a late round pick imo.
    Well, his dad was sure worth where we took him in the 6th round (of course, in today's NFL, with more teams than we had in 1987, plus adding in compensatory picks and such, the 110th pick that we used to get Lloyd back then would be taken in the 4th round now instead of the 6th).

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by rpmpit
    Quote Originally Posted by SteelBucks
    Surprised he's wearing his dad's #95. Anyone know if they patched up their differences?
    I was thinking the same thing; they (were) estranged, yet he sports the number. Lloyd (Jr.) really was unimpressive (this coming from Lloyd being my favorite player of th epast). I wouldn't even attribute it to his knee, because even in games before the knee, he wasn't particularlyimpressive.

He is too slow (on that note, he's put on A LOT of weight--259 lbs?).
    Guys and gals,
    If you play fantasy football, go to the FF forum here and read my thread. I'd appreciate some feedback on it.