Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: W. Parker to be released

Starter

User Info Menu

W. Parker to be released

Parker also is in the process of hiring a new agent, and many around the league believe he will select Peter Schaffer, who represented former Pittsburgh Steelers running back Jerome Bettis.

as per ESPN-http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=5531095

Running back Willie Parker is changing teams and changing agents.

The Washington Redskins informed Parker on Saturday that he will be released, according to a league source.

The Redskins signed Parker in the spring to a one-year deal, telling him there would be an open competition for the starting job, with Larry Johnson, Clinton Portis and Ryan Torain also in the mix.

Parker, a Pro Bowler in 2006 and 2007, averaged 1,337 yards in three seasons for the Steelers from 2005 to 2007.

He became Pittsburgh's backup last season in his fifth full year as the Steelers turned to Rashard Mendenhall as their featured running back.

Parker finished 2009 with 389 yards on 98 carries.

Benchwarmer

User Info Menu

Re: W. Parker to be released

That's too bad. I've always liked FWP. I hope he hooks on somewhere at some point.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

He's not FWP anymore, just WP.
    Even if Bill Belichick was getting an atomic wedgie, his face would look exactly the same.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

He was a good fit for the team and running outside while Mayhan was allowing the center of the line to fold. Hartwig wasn't exactly busting holes open for Parker either but, he was somewhat better than Mayhan. I wonder if Mayhan is still playing in the league ?

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by fezziwig
    He was a good fit for the team and running outside while Mayhan was allowing the center of the line to fold. Hartwig wasn't exactly busting holes open for Parker either but, he was somewhat better than Mayhan. I wonder if Mayhan is still playing in the league ?
    He's coaching youth league football in Bangladesh, I think.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

And, thanks for the great memories, FWP. Let's not weaken them.

Legend

User Info Menu

FWP

FormerlyFast Willie Parker

Legend

User Info Menu

Now that we have a right tackle who's undisputed great strength is run blocking/sealing the corner (Hotel), I wonder if FWP's skill set is a good match for the Steelers again (not like when Colon was there)?

We got our "6-PACK" - time to work on a CASE!

HERE WE GO STEELERS, HERE WE GO!

Legend

User Info Menu

Washington Redskins cut RB Willie Parker
    04:23 PM
    [url="http://www.usatoday.com/communities/thehuddle/Index"]http://www.usatoday.com/communities/thehuddle/Index[/url]

The Washington Redskins cut veteran RB Willie Parker on Saturday, ESPN and the Washington Post reported.

Parker was one of three big-name tailbacks on the roster, with incumbent Clinton Portis and Larry Johnson.

A two-time Pro Bowler with the Pittsburgh Steelers, Parker, 30, will now be a free agent. He rushed for just 389 yards last season with the Steelers.

ESPN reported that Parker is also changing agents.

-- Sean Leahy

Molon labe

People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf. George Orwell

?We're not going to apologize for winning.?
    Mike Tomlin

American metal pimped by asiansteel
    Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you 1. Jesus Christ, 2.The American G.I., One died for your soul, the other for your freedom.

Starter

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by SanAntonioSteelerFan
    Now that we have a right tackle who's undisputed great strength is run blocking/sealing the corner (Hotel), I wonder if FWP's skill set is a good match for the Steelers again (not like when Colon was there)?

Somewhere, LVG is feverishly attempting to reinstate his status as a forum member.