Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: W. Parker to be released

Re: W. Parker to be released

Parker seen the toll Arians offense was taking on him without Krieder. I think these today runningbacks are not going to last too long since most teams no longer use a blocking back.

I wish Willie well.

Where the Rubber Meets the Road (in NEPA)

I'm quite content with our RB corps of Mendenhall, Moore, Redman, and Dwyer...thank you very much.

I think that if Willie Parker would have signed as a rookie FA with any other team but the Steelers that he would have gotten cut in training camp and his NFL career would have ended up being nothing more than a blip on the radar screen. The Steelers basically turned a nothing college RB into something NFL RB and Willie should be eternally grateful for that.

Quote Originally Posted by Yinzerdude
    I think that if Willie Parker would have signed as a rookie FA with any other team but the Steelers that he would have gotten cut in training camp and his NFL career would have ended up being nothing more than a blip on the radar screen. The Steelers basically turned a nothing college RB into something NFL RB and Willie should be eternally grateful for that.

I feel this way about Jeff Reed

Quote Originally Posted by fezziwig
    Quote Originally Posted by Yinzerdude

I feel this way about Jeff Reed
    In other words, you think that, without the Steelers, about all Reed would be kicking right now is bathroom towel dispensers?

Where the Rubber Meets the Road (in NEPA)

The Pittsburgh Steelers: We specialize in bringing in former Tar Heel UDFA's, giving them NFL jobs, and paying them millions of dollars. Just ask Willie Parker and Jeff Reed!

Did you play football at the University of North Carolina? Does no NFL team want you? Then call the Pittsburgh Steelers today! Operators are standing by...