Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Finality brings Roethlisberger to tears

Backup

User Info Menu

Finality brings Roethlisberger to tears

[url="http://pit.scout.com/a.z?s=68&p=2&c=998599&ssf=1&RequestedURL=http%3a%2 f%2fpit.scout.com%2f2%2f998599.html"]http://pit.scout.com/a.z?s=68&p=2&c=998 ... 98599.html[/url]

Roger Goodell reduced Ben Roethlisberger's suspension to four games today, but Mike Prisuta tells of the gloom inside Pittsburgh's locker room

Does anybody now anything about what this article is talking about. Its got me concerned.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Re: Finality brings Roethlisberger to tears

check your PMs

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Roethlisberger was emotional in an interview in the locker room after the Carolina game.

[url="http://www.steelers.com/video-and-audio/videos/Ben-Roethlisberger-Post-game---Carolina/fc6a08d1-5bc1-481a-a616-5fe5e79d0307"]http://www.steelers.com/video-and-audio ... e5e79d0307[/url]

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Hines Ward: Ben Roethlisberger 'broke down' in emotional apology to Steelers on Thursday

Pittsburgh Steelers WR Hines Ward said that QB Ben Roethlisberger emotionally addressed his teammates on Thursday night after his final game before a four-game suspension began.

"He broke down," Ward told Steel City Insider, via CBS Sports. "The reality sets in. He's feeling the pain because now it's hitting home."

Roethlisberger appeared in the Steelers' 19-3 win against the Panthers before heading to New York on Friday, where NFL commissioner Roger Goodell reduced his suspension for violating the league's personal-conduct policy from six to four games.

The QB will not be allowed around the team during his suspension, so Thursday's game was the last interaction he'll be allowed before he serves the punishment.

"He apologized to all the guys," Ward said. "It was very heartwarming. He didn't have to do it."

Roethlisberger's suspension stemmed from an investigation into an alleged sexual assault against a 20-year-old woman. He was not arrested or charged, and later admitted to "dumb" and "immature" behavior.

Steel City Insider's Mike Prisuta reported that Roethlisberger wept while addressing his teammates. Said the QB:

"It's very tough, kind of emotional. I just gotta do what I gotta do."

Steelers president Art Rooney II expressed support for Roethlisberger on Friday. The Steelers have not announced who will start at QB in Roethlisberger's absence. Byron Leftwich suffered a torn MCL on Thursday, which could leave the team to select from either third-year player Dennis Dixon or veteran Charlie Batch.

[url="http://content.usatoday.com/communities/thehuddle/post/2010/09/hines-ward-ben-roethlisberger-broke-down-in-emotional-apology-to-steelers-on-thursday/1"]http://content.usatoday.com/communities ... thursday/1[/url]

Backup

User Info Menu

Thanks Steelgal that calmed me down. lol

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Good for Ben. Well done. You could tell from his interview after yesterday's game that when he was asked about if it would be hard to be away, it hit him kinda of hard. He paused and looked down, chocked back a bit. Then he gave a real short, "absolutely, it'll be tough". Hopefully, this is step 1 in turning his image around. Like I said, no one is ever as good as they come off to be, but they are never as bad either. Some of those who have turned their back on Ben need to at least consider he isn't the antichrist.

Benchwarmer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by proudpittsburgher
    Good for Ben. Well done. You could tell from his interview after yesterday's game that when he was asked about if it would be hard to be away, it hit him kinda of hard. He paused and looked down, chocked back a bit. Then he gave a real short, "absolutely, it'll be tough". Hopefully, this is step 1 in turning his image around. Like I said, no one is ever as good as they come off to be, but they are never as bad either. Some of those who have turned their back on Ben need to at least consider he isn't the antichrist.
    I've been harder on Ben than a lot of Steelers fans, (including most here) but I don't think he is a "bad guy". I think he's arrogant and makes very poor choices. Hopefully this incident HAS changed him. Hopefully all the stuff he has said about "being the kind of person his parents have raised him to be" ect... are heartfelt and not just for soundbites sake.

Ben is a great QB. He is the Steelers QB. I'll always support him and root for him. I have very few doubts in my mind that the best football of his career is ahead of him, and one day hopefully soon we will put all of this behind us.

I long for the days when we only argue about him holding on to the ball too long.

Legend

User Info Menu

I haven't seen anyone on these boards turn their back on Ben. But, some do expect him to mature and they do so with reason.

This is going to be painful for Ben. But, pain is the perfect teacher. I believe when he comes out of this...not only will he be a better leader but he will be a better person.
    Trolls are people too.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Shawn

I haven't seen anyone on these boards turn their back on Ben. But, some do expect him to mature and they do so with reason.

This is going to be painful for Ben. But, pain is the perfect teacher. I believe when he comes out of this...not only will he be a better leader but he will be a better person.
    Not on this board, but plenty of fans that I know, have heard, saw on TV have turned their back on him. People saying they won't watch another game while he is the QB, etc. I understand, it's their perogative, but it is unfortunate that they are making such a drastic decision based on the limited information we know. Like I said, he isn't as bad as he comes across, just as he isn't as good as he comes across on his best day either. No different than you or me. Ya know? And I totally agree with you that he is going to come out of this a better person.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Shawn

Not on this board, but plenty of fans that I know, have heard, saw on TV have turned their back on him. People saying they won't watch another game while he is the QB, etc. I understand, it's their perogative, but it is unfortunate that they are making such a drastic decision based on the limited information we know. Like I said, he isn't as bad as he comes across, just as he isn't as good as he comes across on his best day either. No different than you or me. Ya know? And I totally agree with you that he is going to come out of this a better person.
    Laughable really and their loss if they choose to stop watching the Steelers because they disagree with the decisions of a QB that got too much to fast. He'll learn and I believe he has learned from his mistakes. The girls in question went to the bar looking for one thing and that's exactly what they got. Unfortunately Ben was involved. The girls are painted as a victim when they're as much to blame as anyone else. DTF name tags lol. I'm so ready to move past this and get Ben back on the field.