Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Hartwig can Seek Trade; Urbik Reportedly Cut

Hartwig can Seek Trade; Urbik Reportedly Cut

Per Steelersdepot.

http://www.steelersdepot.com/2010/09...rbik-released/

Not surprised that Hartwig was given permission to seek a trade. I doubt he'll find any takers, but if we can get even a conditional late round pick for him, it is better than nothing.

I thought Urbik might have had a shot; he reportedly improved as preseason progressed. I would imagine that he would be a practice squad candidate.

Re: Hartwig can Seek Trade; Urbik Reportedly Cut

This is good news, for me anyhow. Both of these two will have to be cut in order to keep the guys I really want to keep.

Hall of Famer

if we can trade hartwig for a 6th or 7th round pick the steelers should jump on it.

Hall of Famer

I doubt Steelers get anything. Once it gets to this point and his contract number teams know he will be released and clear waivers.

I've seen this suggested a few times here with a few different players... but it is VERY rare a team will give up any pick to pick up a player at this time of year. First everyone is having a tough time trimming their own rosters. Secondly if a team is trying to trade a player, and can not... 9 times out of 10 they end up releasing them. So even if you are interested in a player, chances are VERY high you can wait a couple of days and sign him without giving up a pick.

*** EDIT... ok after doing some REAL quick research I guess it's not EXTREMELY rare as I made it sound, but still it's way closer to a long shot than the "norm".

I have been saying this since training camp of last year...

Kraig Urbik = Bruce Davis = Bust!

how can this happen????

some of the personell gurus on this board had annointed Urbik a future pro bowler.

Benchwarmer

The Bills have a surplus of corners and an offensive line far worse than ours... Perhaps that could be a match for a player-for-player swap.

Pro Bowler

No surprises here really. With Hills playing better and what seems to be a glut of interior offensive linemen these guys must be the odd men out.
    http://i177.photobucket.com/albums/w...asian07/RJ.jpg[/quote]

go to http://www.thebreastcancersite.com to donate a free mammogram a day to women without health insurance.

Huge thanks to AA for all the help with the signature.

Pro Bowler

I've been intrigued by Urbik since we drafted him, but I've not heard anyone state anything about him being good or near a pro bowler.
    I expected a 4 yr starter from Wisconsin to make a smoother transition. But it doesn't look like it will happen. But I think most people talking up Urbik really only want to see if he's a bit of a late bloomer and might improve going forward. Noone is talking him up past that.