Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Ben's Suspension Reduced to Four Games

Legend

User Info Menu

Ben's Suspension Reduced to Four Games

Per PFT:
    Roger Goodell reduces Ben Roethlisberger's suspension to four games
    Posted by Michael David Smith on September 3, 2010 11:11 AM ET
    As expected, NFL Commissioner Roger Goodell has reportedly reduced Steelers quarterback Ben Roethlisberger's suspension to four games.

Jason La Canfora of NFL Network is reporting that Roethlisberger met with Goodell today, and Goodell reduced the suspension.

Roethlisberger was suspended under the league's personal conduct policy after he was accused of sexual assault this offseason. Goodell had previously said Roethlisberger would have his suspension reduced from six to four games if he stayed out of trouble, and more recently Goodell said Roethlisberger had done everything asked of him and more.
    Permalink 0 CommentsRSS feed for comments
    No real surprise here.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Re: Ben's Suspension Reduced to Four Games

KDKA confirms it too. BFD Goodell, you maroon.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Screw Goodell..........What was ARII doin there...???? He can't influence Goodell?? Uneblievable.

Ben should have taken Dan Rooney with him.
    Steelers Draft 2015
    Rd 1: Devante Parker - WR/ Kevin Johnson - CB
    Rd 2: Danielle Hunter -OLB
    Rd 3: Steven Nelson - CB
    Rd 4: Derron Smith - S
    Rd 5: Henry Anderson - DE
    Rd 6: Wes Saxton - TE
    Rd 7: Deon Simon - DT

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

it could be worse, it could be 6 games. its still not right but im glad it isnt more than 4 games. 0-2 games would seem appropriate.

Legend

User Info Menu

Ben's biggest crime is that he's white.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by frankthetank1
    it could be worse, it could be 6 games. its still not right but im glad it isnt more than 4 games. 0-2 games would seem appropriate.

I'm with you frank. It does no good to bellyache about Goodell now, I'm just glad it was reduced to four. Lately, and I guess it's because we were closing in on D-Day, I was getting more and more nervous that he was going to throw a curveball and leave it at 6. I'm glad I was wrong.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Crash
    Ben's biggest crime is that he's white.

he went in with 4 to 6... came out with 4.

what were people expecting? +2
    I lost a bet about Najee gaining 1300 yards.

"Our head coach has failed to win a playoff game for seven years in a row. His game day strategy, culture of divas, in game decisions, clock management, player evaluation, hires, and affinity with sub par starters at RB, P, and OL are holding the Steelers back. That standard remains the standard"

Legend

User Info Menu

Four or six is the same thing. Here's was Goodell's chance to right his wrong. And he wouldn't do it. Why? Ben's white, and Goodell loves the city of Baltimore.

It's not a coincidence that one of the four games Ben is missing is against the Ravens.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Crash
    Four or six is the same thing. Here's was Goodell's chance to right his wrong. And he wouldn't do it. Why? Ben's white, and Goodell loves the city of Baltimore.

It's not a coincidence that one of the four games Ben is missing is against the Ravens.
    uhhh it is? last time i checked 4 is two less than 6. i could be wrong but i am pretty certain that is correct. if its the same thing than why did ben and the team care if it was reduced?

Legend

User Info Menu

Call him up and tell him what an idiot he is for what he is doing to Ben and to the league too!