Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Ben's Suspension Reduced to Four Games

Legend

User Info Menu

Re: Ben's Suspension Reduced to Four Games

Details from Roethlisberger's meeting
    By Sal Paolantonio
    [url="http://espn.go.com/blog/afcnorth/post/_/id/16968/details-from-roethlisbergers-meeting"]http://espn.go.com/blog/afcnorth/post/_ ... rs-meeting[/url]

NEW YORK -- Here's what happened at Friday’s Ben Roethlisberger-Roger Goodell meeting:

After a brief session with lawyers for both sides and team president Art Rooney, the commissioner and Roethlisberger met privately. In that one-on-one meeting, Roethlisberger was contrite, according to a source with knowledge of the meeting. Then Goodell informed Roethlisberger that the suspension would be reduced to four games -- but that Roethlisberger must continue to avoid any further violations of the personal conduct policy.

What's next for Big Ben? This weekend, he's going to re-group with close friends and former Steelers running back and current ESPN analyst Merrill Hoge, who has become his mentor. "We're going to talk about how to stay mentally sharp during the suspension," Hoge said. "He's going to work out with high school football players in Pittsburgh, coach my little guys in youth football here in northern Kentucky. He is going to use his services to help others, and make sure he's ready to come back better than ever."

Molon labe

People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf. George Orwell

?We're not going to apologize for winning.?
    Mike Tomlin

American metal pimped by asiansteel
    Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you 1. Jesus Christ, 2.The American G.I., One died for your soul, the other for your freedom.

Legend

User Info Menu

You act as though he only got 2 games. Uh dude he got 3 years + 2 games.
    So what? He was in jail. Plax wasn't suspended by the league, he's in jail too.

Jail isn't an NFL suspension, it's jail.

Apples to oranges.

Legend

User Info Menu

Statements on Roethlisberger suspension

[url="http://www.steelers.com/news/article-1/Statements-on-Roethlisberger-suspension/f6e0ac66-739c-41e4-bffb-27f8ae29b700"]http://www.steelers.com/news/article-1/ ... f8ae29b700[/url]

NFL STATEMENT

Commissioner Goodell met with Ben Roethlisberger today and notified him that his suspension has been reduced to the Steelers’ first four regular-season games. The reinstatement is contingent on Roethlisberger continuing to adhere to the program established by our advisors and avoiding any further violations of the Personal Conduct Policy. During the suspension, Roethlisberger cannot be at the team’s practice facility, attend games, represent the club publicly in any way, have contact with any member of the coaching staff or other football operations personnel, or engage in any team football-related activities or discussions with teammates away from team facilities. “You have told me and the Steelers that you are committed to making better decisions,” Commissioner Goodell said in a letter to Roethlisberger. “Your actions over the past several months have been consistent with that promise and you must continue to honor that commitment.”

Statement from Steelers’ President Art Rooney II on Ben Roethlisberger

“Commissioner Goodell informed us today that Ben Roethlisberger’s suspension has been reduced to four games. Ben has done a good job this summer of growing as the person that he needs to be, both on and off the field. I am confident that Ben is committed to continuing in this positive direction. As a team, our focus is now on preparing for the regular season and getting off to a good start on opening weekend.”

Statement from Ben Roethlisberger

“I have learned a lot over the past several months about myself as a person. I am committed to continuing on this path of being the type of person my family raised me to be, and exceeding what is expected of me as the quarterback of the Pittsburgh Steelers.”

Molon labe

People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf. George Orwell

?We're not going to apologize for winning.?
    Mike Tomlin

American metal pimped by asiansteel
    Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you 1. Jesus Christ, 2.The American G.I., One died for your soul, the other for your freedom.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Well Lenny,

Since you like to take selective points from people's posts instead of discussing like an adult...let see if I can give it a try.

"Apples to oranges."

I am glad you agree with my points...

Hey I am sure you can find 420 out there somewhere and get him to join here...that way you can get to 200,000 posts in no time.

brothervad