Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Ben's Suspension Reduced to Four Games

Legend

Re: Ben's Suspension Reduced to Four Games

Quote Originally Posted by feltdizz
    Quote Originally Posted by Crash
    Ben's biggest crime is that he's white.

he went in with 4 to 6... came out with 4.

what were people expecting? +2
    Convicted felon Mike Vick got two.

That's what uncharged Ben should have gotten.

Pro Bowler

You can pay a dumb ho to keep her mouth shut....you cannot pay off the FBI. Well, not out in the open.

Where the Rubber Meets the Road (in NEPA)

Quote Originally Posted by grotonsteel
    Screw Goodell..........What was ARII doin there...???? He can't influence Goodell?? Uneblievable.

Ben should have taken Dan Rooney with him.
    I'm sure he wasn't busy with anything else.

Boy some of you guys are so Steelers-centric you can't see through it. Goodell cares about the Steeler brand but not at the expense of the NFL brand.

The folks who pretend to suggest that he "right the wrong" are clueless.

The NFL cares about $$$$

Tell me the wronged few, do you really think that Goodell worries about your patronage. You ain't going anywhere.

But anyone who has kept up with recent events has seen that the NFL has had a marked increase in a target demographic over the past decade.

Women.

Yep you got it...women. Goodell isn't doing it because of race...He is doing it because of green.

Now I don't have a crystal ball and say if it goes below 4 weeks they will lose x amount of women...but the NFL will tread very lightly here.

Believe it or not Steeler nation does not rule the NFL...it is an important voice, just not omnipotent.

Get over it...it's 4 weeks...start talking X's and O's....

except for Lenny Bruce...who can't seem to discuss anything other than this topic.

brothervad

Legend

Tell me how much Goodell cares about green if the Steelers are 0-3 and they have 20K no shows in game #4?

Hall of Famer

how many dog lover fans did the NFL lose when vick's suspension went from 6 to 2 games.

or even by letting him back in the league

uh he went to jail...and was out of the league for about 3 years. Not exactly the same thing. Apples and Oranges...

But keep on chiming...I will again refer to my point...you ain't going anywhere.

Are you going to boycott the league?

Exactly....

brothervad

Where the Rubber Meets the Road (in NEPA)

Tell me how much Goodell cares about green if the Steelers are 0-3 and they have 20K no shows in game #4?
    I will be at game 4 even if we lose the first three (as would any other true Steeler fan who had such an opportunity...seriously, who'd miss a Steeler-Raven battle regardless of record?). Because of our season ticket base, these games are guaranteed to be sold out well in advance. The only money they could potentially lose would be concessions and parking for any no-shows that have already paid for their ticket, but I'd imagine that even the fairweather loser who have tickets but don't want to go if we are 0-3 would sell their tix to someone else who would go.

Legend

uh he went to jail...and was out of the league for about 3 years. Not exactly the same thing. Apples and Oranges...
    Agreed. Vick plead guilty, served his time.

Ben was not even charged, and he's sitting 4 weeks when ex-Con Vick sat for two when he got out.

Agreed. Vick plead guilty, served his time.

Ben was not even charged, and he's sitting 4 weeks when ex-Con Vick sat for two when he got out.
    Lenny,

again you take snippets and try to make it the crux of an arguement. We can't assess how long Vick would've been suspended without the incarceration.

You act as though he only got 2 games. Uh dude he got 3 years + 2 games. You know what--he ain't making the type of cash he was prior to the dog incident. So in some ways he is langering as a backup making a whole lot less.

Tell you what add up Ben's 4 games...to the money Vick lost on his original contract alone...that's what Vick lost.

But that won't support your arguement. All you want to do is rant about how evil Goodell is and how it's some great injustice.

Hell even if somehow the Steelers were to go 4-0 you would gripe at the fact at how they had to win...and that if Goodell wouldn't have held Ben out we would've dominated.

Darfur is an injustice...this is a minor annoyance.

brothervad