Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 13

Thread: Lolley Critical Of Tomlin

  1. #1
    Backup
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    cranberry township pa
    Posts
    269

    Lolley Critical Of Tomlin

    NFL from the sidelines
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    http://nflfromthesidelines.blogspot.com ... ughts.html

    Friday, September 03, 2010
    Post-Carolina thoughts
    Well, we wanted a decision on who the Steelers' QB would be against Atlanta and it's apparent that player will be Dennis Dixon.

    I asked Mike Tomlin after the game if he pulled Dixon out because he didn't want to get him hurt. He said yes.

    That tells me that Tomlin is planning on starting Dixon.

    He could change his mind and go with Charlie Batch, though the coaching staff knows Charlie is injury prone at this point in his career - hence their decision to have him throw just four passes in more than two quarters.

    But it's easier to go with Dixon and hope the defense can keep things close and overcome any mistakes he may make.

    With the way this offensive line is run blocking, they should be able to take some pressure off Dixon and control the clock.

    That's right, I'm raving about the run blocking of this offensive line - OK, I'm not raving. But I like the way they're getting off the ball.

    We're seeing some nasty out of this offensive line, particularly when they line up and go straight ahead.

    This is a big offensive line - probably the biggest in team history with the addition of Flozell Adams at right tackle. And they can use that to their advantage.

    Perhaps it serves Tomlin right that his choice to replace Ben Roethlisberger during his suspension was injured when a second-team offensive lineman got rag-dolled and leg whipped the quarterback.

    Jonathan Scott had played reasonably well to this point, but he's still a backup. You shouldn't have your QB in the game with backup linemen unless you absolutely have to.

    It's a lesson you would have thought Tomlin would have learned last week in Denver when he nearly got Leftwich killed playing behind second and third stringers before yanking him after just two series.

    He probably won't make the same mistake ever again.
    posted by Dale Lolley at 1:58 AM



    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    How fickle people and writers can be! Injuries can happen anytime to anybody!
    http://www.planetsteelers.com/cpg141...erpics/sth.jpg






    "Success Is Determined By Attitude."
    AS Rocks

  2. #2
    Hall of Famer ikestops85's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    3,182

    Re: Lolley Critical Of Tomlin

    Quote Originally Posted by SteelHoss
    NFL from the sidelines
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    http://nflfromthesidelines.blogspot.com ... ughts.html

    Friday, September 03, 2010
    Post-Carolina thoughts
    Well, we wanted a decision on who the Steelers' QB would be against Atlanta and it's apparent that player will be Dennis Dixon.

    I asked Mike Tomlin after the game if he pulled Dixon out because he didn't want to get him hurt. He said yes.

    That tells me that Tomlin is planning on starting Dixon.

    He could change his mind and go with Charlie Batch, though the coaching staff knows Charlie is injury prone at this point in his career - hence their decision to have him throw just four passes in more than two quarters.

    But it's easier to go with Dixon and hope the defense can keep things close and overcome any mistakes he may make.

    With the way this offensive line is run blocking, they should be able to take some pressure off Dixon and control the clock.

    That's right, I'm raving about the run blocking of this offensive line - OK, I'm not raving. But I like the way they're getting off the ball.

    We're seeing some nasty out of this offensive line, particularly when they line up and go straight ahead.

    This is a big offensive line - probably the biggest in team history with the addition of Flozell Adams at right tackle. And they can use that to their advantage.

    Perhaps it serves Tomlin right that his choice to replace Ben Roethlisberger during his suspension was injured when a second-team offensive lineman got rag-dolled and leg whipped the quarterback.

    Jonathan Scott had played reasonably well to this point, but he's still a backup. You shouldn't have your QB in the game with backup linemen unless you absolutely have to.

    It's a lesson you would have thought Tomlin would have learned last week in Denver when he nearly got Leftwich killed playing behind second and third stringers before yanking him after just two series.

    He probably won't make the same mistake ever again.
    posted by Dale Lolley at 1:58 AM



    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    How fickle people and writers can be! Injuries can happen anytime to anybody!
    Yeh, like the first stringers in this O-line never got beat pass blocking
    <a href=http://seahawknationblog.com/files/2011/02/roger-goodell.jpg target=_blank>http://seahawknationblog.com/files/2...er-goodell.jpg</a>

  3. #3
    Pro Bowler Lebsteel's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    SW Ohio
    Posts
    1,007

    Re: Lolley Critical Of Tomlin

    Kemo probably would have let the DT run right around him and get a full hit on Lefty. I'd feel better with Foster and Urbik at G than Kemo and Essex. BUT...that would be too radical of a change. OK, probaby not smart, either...just rambling....

  4. #4
    Hall of Famer
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    2,755

    Re: Lolley Critical Of Tomlin

    Quote Originally Posted by ikestops85
    Quote Originally Posted by SteelHoss
    NFL from the sidelines
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    http://nflfromthesidelines.blogspot.com ... ughts.html

    Friday, September 03, 2010
    Post-Carolina thoughts
    Well, we wanted a decision on who the Steelers' QB would be against Atlanta and it's apparent that player will be Dennis Dixon.

    I asked Mike Tomlin after the game if he pulled Dixon out because he didn't want to get him hurt. He said yes.

    That tells me that Tomlin is planning on starting Dixon.

    He could change his mind and go with Charlie Batch, though the coaching staff knows Charlie is injury prone at this point in his career - hence their decision to have him throw just four passes in more than two quarters.

    But it's easier to go with Dixon and hope the defense can keep things close and overcome any mistakes he may make.

    With the way this offensive line is run blocking, they should be able to take some pressure off Dixon and control the clock.

    That's right, I'm raving about the run blocking of this offensive line - OK, I'm not raving. But I like the way they're getting off the ball.

    We're seeing some nasty out of this offensive line, particularly when they line up and go straight ahead.

    This is a big offensive line - probably the biggest in team history with the addition of Flozell Adams at right tackle. And they can use that to their advantage.

    Perhaps it serves Tomlin right that his choice to replace Ben Roethlisberger during his suspension was injured when a second-team offensive lineman got rag-dolled and leg whipped the quarterback.

    Jonathan Scott had played reasonably well to this point, but he's still a backup. You shouldn't have your QB in the game with backup linemen unless you absolutely have to.

    It's a lesson you would have thought Tomlin would have learned last week in Denver when he nearly got Leftwich killed playing behind second and third stringers before yanking him after just two series.

    He probably won't make the same mistake ever again.
    posted by Dale Lolley at 1:58 AM



    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    How fickle people and writers can be! Injuries can happen anytime to anybody!
    Yeh, like the first stringers in this O-line never got beat pass blocking
    exactly!! hindsight is always 20/20. even behind the starting o-line lefty was a liability

  5. #5
    Hall of Famer DukieBoy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    3,087

    Re: Lolley Critical Of Tomlin

    Wish those guys would wear protective knee braces in the pre-season. Don't know if it is practical for them, but seems sensible.

  6. #6
    Legend
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    13,194

    Re: Lolley Critical Of Tomlin

    Screw Lolley. He is one of those after the fact media geniuses. You can't predict injuries and it could have hapened at anytime.

    IMO a cheap shot by a JV Journalist trying to get attention.
    Playing Fantasy Football does not qualify you to be the in the front office or on the coaching staff of the Pittsburgh Steelers. They are professionals and you are not!

  7. #7

    Re: Lolley Critical Of Tomlin

    What the hell kind of journalist would insert "serves him right" into their story? How ego-driven is this guy?

  8. #8

    Re: Lolley Critical Of Tomlin

    Quote Originally Posted by Oviedo
    Screw Lolley. He is one of those after the fact media geniuses. You can't predict injuries and it could have hapened at anytime.
    $$$$$$
    If Tomlin HADN'T played Lefty, Lolley would have been at the front of the line criticizing the coach for not getting him ready. And if Tomlin HAD surrounded Lefty with all first-string OL, that's still no guarantee against injury.

    It's just one of those unfortunate things that can happen when you play the game of football.

  9. #9

    Re: Lolley Critical Of Tomlin

    Quote Originally Posted by BradshawsHairdresser
    Quote Originally Posted by Oviedo
    Screw Lolley. He is one of those after the fact media geniuses. You can't predict injuries and it could have hapened at anytime.
    $$$$$$
    If Tomlin HADN'T played Lefty, Lolley would have been at the front of the line criticizing the coach for not getting him ready. And if Tomlin HAD surrounded Lefty with all first-string OL, that's still no guarantee against injury.

    It's just one of those unfortunate things that can happen when you play the game of football.
    Actually, I think that Lolley is one of the better journalists covering the Steelers, up there with Wexell.

    He isn't making grand criticisms of Tomlin to try to gain publicity; it is a footnote in a blog entry, not an article that was published or widely circulated.

  10. #10
    Pro Bowler
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Washington, DC
    Posts
    1,266

    Re: Lolley Critical Of Tomlin

    I don't mind Lolley either and during training camp, I actually look for his articles and blogs.
    http://i177.photobucket.com/albums/w...asian07/RJ.jpg[/quote]

    go to http://www.thebreastcancersite.com to donate a free mammogram a day to women without health insurance.

    Huge thanks to AA for all the help with the signature.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •