Thread: Will Leftwich's injury help Ben's case today??

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Will Leftwich's injury help Ben's case today??

It should have ZERO impact on Goodell's decision. But could it??

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Re: Will Leftwich's injury help Ben's case today??

I can't imagine it would. Too many people would complain.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Unfortunately, we can't make the argument that we should be able to...

Vince Young - pattern of bad or weird behavior. Talk about a guy who needs to have the league's shrink take a look...

Shaun Rogers - taking a gun into an airport???? You have to be kidding me. That is a felony, I believe.

Hell, driving drunk twice only gets you 3 games.

2 games is what he should have gotten with this formula. 3 games should be the "save face" compromise.

I actually think the leftwich injury hurts Ben's case as Goodell will not want to look like he has adjusted his ruling based on our team's circumstances.
    Even if Bill Belichick was getting an atomic wedgie, his face would look exactly the same.

Legend

User Info Menu

I agree that Goodell will no way make the suspension shorter. Goodell would get way too much heat from the other teams and his master Bob Kraft. He will stick it to the Steelers knowing that the Rooney's will shut up and take it.
    "My team, may they always be right, but right or wrong...MY TEAM!"

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Oviedo
    I agree that Goodell will no way make the suspension shorter. Goodell would get way too much heat from the other teams and his master Bob Kraft. He will stick it to the Steelers knowing that the Rooney's will shut up and take it.
    I agree. He knows he could say 6 games stands and the Rooney's wouldn't say crap about it in the media. They would probably instead come out and publicly support the commissioners decision.
    @_Hellgrammite