Thread: Ben is gone for awhile. The last time I felt like this.....

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Ben is gone for awhile. The last time I felt like this.....

I was 8 and was watching Han Solo being lowered into a freeze tank.

All I'm hoping for is a 2-2 record while he is out. I won't take the Tampa game for granted in week #3 and assume that is a win. I did that last year against Cleveland, KC, & Oakland and got burned.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Re: Ben is gone for awhile. The last time I felt like this.....

Quote Originally Posted by Ozey74

All I'm hoping for is a 2-2 record while he is out. I won't take the Tampa game for granted in week #3 and assume that is a win. I did that last year against Cleveland, KC, & Oakland and got burned.

I'd LOL that, but I know exactly how you feel

I don't think you can ever take any team for granted in the NFL. The first four (or 6 or 3) games, the opposition will smell blood even before the kick off. The D will have to carry us.

Backup

User Info Menu

Anyone else want to ring Bens neck?

Wake me up when Sept ends!!!!!

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

every game without ben will be a tough win. i think the falcons will be much better than they were last season. same with the titans. i will be thrilled with 2-2. if only ben could be suspended for 3 games instead of 4

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by frankthetank1
    every game without ben will be a tough win. i think the falcons will be much better than they were last season. same with the titans. i will be thrilled with 2-2. if only ben could be suspended for 3 games instead of 4
    Yea, looking at the sked last night for the first four, I saw 2-2 as well. But the Falcons game was one of those losses (Baltimore the other), so if we can pull week one out, I will be feeling a lot better about things.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by proudpittsburgher
    Yea, looking at the sked last night for the first four, I saw 2-2 as well. But the Falcons game was one of those losses (Baltimore the other), so if we can pull week one out, I will be feeling a lot better about things.
    oh really, i thought the falcons would be a win. it will be a tough game but i think they will lose on the road against the titans. who knows we could very easily be 1-3 and lose both of those games. we are e'ffed in the A!!!!

Legend

User Info Menu

Ozey74: "I love you."

Ben Roethlisberger: "I know"

Steeler teams featuring stat-driven, me-first, fantasy-football-darling diva types such as Antonio Brown & Le'Veon Bell won no championships.

Super Bowl winning Steeler teams were built around a dynamic, in-your-face defense plus blue-collar, hard-hitting, no-nonsense football players on offense such as Hines Ward & Jerome Bettis.

We don't want Juju & Conner to replace what we lost in Brown & Bell.

We are counting on Juju & Conner to return us to the glory we once had with Hines & The Bus.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by RuthlessBurgher
    Ozey74: "I love you."

Ben Roethlisberger: "I know"

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by proudpittsburgher
    oh really, i thought the falcons would be a win. it will be a tough game but i think they will lose on the road against the titans. who knows we could very easily be 1-3 and lose both of those games. we are e'ffed in the A!!!!
    I really don't know what to think about the atlanta game. That's why I think it is important in determining how these first four will go . . . if we get that win under our belt, and assuming we will beat Tampa, we can lose those other two and not be out of it when Ben returns. If we lose three of four, then we are in a lot of trouble. If we win it, then we can start thinking about the possibility of starting 3-1. It's tough to formulate an informed opinion of what this team is going to do out of the shoot, right now. Too many unknowns.