Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 15

Thread: Leftwich Tears MCL In Steelers Preseason Finale

  1. #1
    Legend hawaiiansteel's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Hawaii 5-0
    Posts
    14,127

    Leftwich Tears MCL In Steelers Preseason Finale

    Leftwich Tears MCL In Steelers Preseason Finale

    by Michael Bean on Sep 2, 2010




    about 2 hours ago: PITTSBURGH - SEPTEMBER 02: Byron Leftwich #4 of the Pittsburgh Steelers kneels in the huddle next to a trainer after injuring himself against the Carolina Panthers during the preseason game on September 2 2010 at Heinz Field in Pittsburgh Pennsylvania. (Photo by Jared Wickerham/Getty Images)


    From the Twitter account of the agency that represents Byron Leftiwch:

    Our thoughts and concerns are with PPS client Byron Leftwich who tore his MCL this evening. Bad luck for a classy guy.

    Sad stuff for Leftwich. But that's life in the brutal NFL. We wish Leftwich a speedy recovery with the hope that he can potentially even return later in the 2010 season. But he'll be shelved for a few months at least I'd imagine.

    More soon.

    http://www.behindthesteelcurtain.com/20 ... ars-mcl-in

  2. #2

    Re: Leftwich Tears MCL In Steelers Preseason Finale

    Quote Originally Posted by hawaiiansteel
    Leftwich Tears MCL In Steelers Preseason Finale

    by Michael Bean on Sep 2, 2010




    about 2 hours ago: PITTSBURGH - SEPTEMBER 02: Byron Leftwich #4 of the Pittsburgh Steelers kneels in the huddle next to a trainer after injuring himself against the Carolina Panthers during the preseason game on September 2 2010 at Heinz Field in Pittsburgh Pennsylvania. (Photo by Jared Wickerham/Getty Images)


    From the Twitter account of the agency that represents Byron Leftiwch:

    Our thoughts and concerns are with PPS client Byron Leftwich who tore his MCL this evening. Bad luck for a classy guy.

    Sad stuff for Leftwich. But that's life in the brutal NFL. We wish Leftwich a speedy recovery with the hope that he can potentially even return later in the 2010 season. But he'll be shelved for a few months at least I'd imagine.

    More soon.

    http://www.behindthesteelcurtain.com/20 ... ars-mcl-in
    A little skeptical about the original info here. This was posted before the MRI results were available. So how do they know the MCL is torn? I think one can sometimes tell by physical exam, but if Leftwich's AGENT knew, for goodness' sake, surely a whole lot of other people would know too...?


    We got our "6-PACK" - time to work on a CASE!

    HERE WE GO STEELERS, HERE WE GO!

  3. #3
    Hall of Famer SteelCrazy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Ohio
    Posts
    2,772

    Re: Leftwich Tears MCL In Steelers Preseason Finale

    Dixon or Batch

  4. #4
    Legend hawaiiansteel's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Hawaii 5-0
    Posts
    14,127

    Re: Leftwich Tears MCL In Steelers Preseason Finale

    Leftwich has MCL damage

    Posted by Mike Florio on September 2, 2010 10:25 PM ET


    An agency purporting to represent Steelers quarterback Byron Leftwich has posted on Twitter that Leftwich suffered a torn MCL on Thursday night in the preseason finale against the Panthers.

    The Twitter page assigned to Pro Player Solutions links to a website that makes the entire thing seem legit. But as further proof of the flaws in Mike Wise's logic, we didn't take this one at face value, because it wasn't contained in a report from a tenured member of a respected media company.

    Based on the PPS tweet, we have learned via a source with knowledge of the situation that Leftwich has damage to his MCL. The degree of the damage isn't known.

    Still, the source added, "Whatever [the degree] is it seems to be serious."

    The MCL is a rope-like ligament that, if not completely severed, often can heal with rest. Until the degree of Leftwich's injury is known, the duration of his absence will be uncertain.

    Still, with his primary assignment for 2010 covering the next four games (or if Terry Bradshaw gets his wish six), the existence of any MCL damage constitutes bad news for Leftwich.

    UPDATE: In a post-game press conference, coach Mike Tomlin said that Leftwich has a knee sprain and that he is undergoing an MRI.

    http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/20 ... cl-damage/

  5. #5

    Re: Leftwich Tears MCL In Steelers Preseason Finale

    Quote Originally Posted by SteelCrazy
    Dixon or Batch

    Dixon will start. They will run a package for him that he won't screw up, and we will have to rely on the defense, special teams, oline and running game to get the job done.

    Basically we are getting back to Steeler football....aside from relying on special teams and oline recently.

  6. #6

    Re: Leftwich Tears MCL In Steelers Preseason Finale

    doesn't matter if it is a tear or a sprain, either way hes out for the time we need him for. And I kind of suspected the coaching staff expected the worst news out of lefty, which explains only leaving dixon out there a series then putting Batch in. They were protecting Dixon, who I assume they want to start in Lefty's absence. Batch, on the other hand, is very fortunate because it doesn't appear he had a spot on the team until this happened.

  7. #7
    Legend papillon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Under your bed
    Posts
    6,635

    Re: Leftwich Tears MCL In Steelers Preseason Finale

    Quote Originally Posted by sd steel
    Quote Originally Posted by SteelCrazy
    Dixon or Batch

    Dixon will start. They will run a package for him that he won't screw up, and we will have to rely on the defense, special teams, oline and running game to get the job done.

    Basically we are getting back to Steeler football....aside from relying on special teams and oline recently.


    :P

    Pappy


    1.15) Ra'Shede Hageman - DE
    2.47) Jason Verrett - CB
    3.97) CJ Fiedorowicz - TE
    4.114) Brandon Coleman - WR
    5.145) Lamin Barrow - ILB
    5.173) Terrance Mitchell - CB
    6.176)
    7.207) Jay Bromley - DT
    7.215)

    "Before you can win a game, you have to not lose it." -- Chuck Noll

  8. #8

    Re: Leftwich Tears MCL In Steelers Preseason Finale

    Quote Originally Posted by papillon
    Quote Originally Posted by sd steel
    Quote Originally Posted by SteelCrazy
    Dixon or Batch

    Dixon will start. They will run a package for him that he won't screw up, and we will have to rely on the defense, special teams, oline and running game to get the job done.

    Basically we are getting back to Steeler football....aside from relying on special teams and oline recently.


    :P



    Pappy
    Morning pappy. How'd that blue pill treat you?

  9. #9

    Re: Leftwich Tears MCL In Steelers Preseason Finale

    Quote Originally Posted by sd steel
    Quote Originally Posted by SteelCrazy
    Dixon or Batch

    Dixon will start. They will run a package for him that he won't screw up, and we will have to rely on the defense, special teams, oline and running game to get the job done.
    Dang. I thought the Kordell era was over.

  10. #10

    Re: Leftwich Tears MCL In Steelers Preseason Finale

    Like the rest of us, you had better hope that this era is like the Kordell of 2001 or 1997...

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •