Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Do we go with two QBs, or find someone else?

Legend

User Info Menu

Re: Do we go with two QBs, or find someone else?

I'd take Leinert. His issues in Arizona seem to be a personality issue with Whisenhunt. He is at least serviceable but anyone we bring in really won't be a help because they don't know the playbook.

I'd actually like Sage Rosenfels as a first choice or Trent Green.
    "My team, may they always be right, but right or wrong...MY TEAM!"

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by PSU_dropout43
    Leinart's available.

why not?

Cut Batch - save $1 mil

Injury settlement with Leftwich - save $1.5 mil

trade for Leinart - 2010 salary ~ $2.5 mil
    Why not? I don't know...because he sucks perhaps? He was a top 10 overall pick that fell into the best WR situation in the league, and still couldn't earn a starting job. His team seems to prefer DEREK #&@%ING ANDERSON to him at this point. Read that last sentence again and let it sink in.
    Steeler teams featuring stat-driven, me-first, fantasy-football-darling diva types such as Antonio Brown & Le'Veon Bell won no championships.

Super Bowl winning Steeler teams were built around a dynamic, in-your-face defense plus blue-collar, hard-hitting, no-nonsense football players on offense such as Hines Ward & Jerome Bettis.

We don't want Juju & Conner to replace what we lost in Brown & Bell.

We are counting on Juju & Conner to return us to the glory we once had with Hines & The Bus.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

A QB right now won't help us week 1. Plus if he is a vet who qualifies his salary will be guranteed. I think you go with Dixon & Batch week 1 and EL is the emergency. You bring a guy in who is PS eligible to learn the system. Maybe a rookie or a 1st or 2nd year player. The Steelers worked out Snead...Maybe he is waived and Wallace can convince him to come aboard. See how week 1 goes and if they both stay healthy. After game 1, if needed, you can get a vet in here. 4 games to dodge bullets...4 games. Keeping fingers crossed!!!!