Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Do we go with two QBs, or find someone else?

Legend

Re: Do we go with two QBs, or find someone else?

I'd take Leinert. His issues in Arizona seem to be a personality issue with Whisenhunt. He is at least serviceable but anyone we bring in really won't be a help because they don't know the playbook.

I'd actually like Sage Rosenfels as a first choice or Trent Green.
    Playing Fantasy Football does not qualify you to be the in the front office or on the coaching staff of the Pittsburgh Steelers. They are professionals and you are not!

Where the Rubber Meets the Road (in NEPA)

Quote Originally Posted by PSU_dropout43
    Leinart's available.

why not?

Cut Batch - save $1 mil

Injury settlement with Leftwich - save $1.5 mil

trade for Leinart - 2010 salary ~ $2.5 mil
    Why not? I don't know...because he sucks perhaps? He was a top 10 overall pick that fell into the best WR situation in the league, and still couldn't earn a starting job. His team seems to prefer DEREK #&@%ING ANDERSON to him at this point. Read that last sentence again and let it sink in.

Hall of Famer

A QB right now won't help us week 1. Plus if he is a vet who qualifies his salary will be guranteed. I think you go with Dixon & Batch week 1 and EL is the emergency. You bring a guy in who is PS eligible to learn the system. Maybe a rookie or a 1st or 2nd year player. The Steelers worked out Snead...Maybe he is waived and Wallace can convince him to come aboard. See how week 1 goes and if they both stay healthy. After game 1, if needed, you can get a vet in here. 4 games to dodge bullets...4 games. Keeping fingers crossed!!!!