Pro Bowler

AkronSteel's Final 53

QB: (2) Roethisberger (suspended for 3), Dixon, Batch
    RB: (4) Mendenhall, Redman, Moore, Dwyer
    FB: (1) Summers or a waiver wire cut
    WR: (6)
    Hines, Wallace, Sanders, El, Brown, Battle
    TE: (3) Miller, Spaeth, Johnson
    OL: (9)Starks, Kemo, Pouncey, Essex, Adams, J. Scott, Foster, Legursky, Hills
    DL: (7)A. Smith, Hampton, Keisel, Hood, Hoke, Eason, Worthington
    LB: ( Silverback, Farrior, LT, Wood, Worilds, Fox, Sylvester, Gibson
    CB: (6) Taylor, BMAC, Gay, Lewis, Butler, Madison
    S: (4) Troy, Clark, Allen, Mundy

(3)
    K: Reed
    P: Sepulveda
    LS: Warren

Surprise Cuts: CB Joe Burnett, LB Larry Foote, Justin Hartwig OL, Kraig Urbik OL

Another cut will have to be made when Ben comes off suspension. I think that Butler definitely outplayed Burnett and earned the spot over him, plus Madison is just too valuable on ST. It will be nice to have Madison and Battle as the gunners on punts. I think Sylvester could step in if the situation got that bad and I think that Timmons is going to have a monster year so I don't see the sense in carrying Foote. Urbik just never developed and its really been obvious for a week that Hartwig is probably gone.

I think over the last 2 weeks Dwyer has earned a spot because if we try to slide him on the PS he will never make it there. I would like to see the team pick up a real FB because I just don't see Summers being much of an asset. He is not a true FB at all. Heck, Redman can play there in a pinch. Maybe the team just goes with 4 TE's and plays Johnson and/or McHugh at FB? Leftwich will end up on the IR with Chris Scott (so we can stash him for the year). Not really sure who gets cut when Ben comes back? I would think the team will go with 3 QB's, so maybe Worthington, Mewelde or possibly one of the WR's?? Guess we will have to wait and see about that? I'm sure there may be injuries that will affect that decision when the time comes around??

Overall, I like the roster and I think if the team can get past this first stretch without Big Ben that have a chance to really compete in the AFC.

My Prediction: 11-5
    <a href=http://www.planetsteelers.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=6946&dateline=1338146203 target=_blank>http://www.planetsteelers.com/forums...ine=1338146203</a>

Re: AkronSteel's Final 53

I'm with you except for Summers and Madison. I'd keep Urbik and Burnett.

Starter

Quote Originally Posted by Lebsteel

i think when be gets back batch gets cut so everything else stays the same...if a FB that we cant pass up becomes available i think you look at moving one of the oline to PS

Legend

Quote Originally Posted by Lebsteel
    Agree not to cut Burnett or Urbik.

Madison can walk along with Summers

Unfortunately I think we are looking at 8-8 or 9-7. Neither Dixon or Batch can't get us 2 wins in those first four games so we start in a 1-3 hole. Additionally, I've seen nothing from our defense that tells me they have fixed anything from last season or that they will be able to be dominant this year.
    Playing Fantasy Football does not qualify you to be the in the front office or on the coaching staff of the Pittsburgh Steelers. They are professionals and you are not!

Hall of Famer

i would also keep burnett but cut gay instead of madison. at least madison is great on ST's. gay can't do anything. summers is garbage and i would be shocked if he makes the team. it sucks logan cant play RB. he was so good returning kicks last season.