Thread: Final DL

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Final DL

Guys, living down here in Redskins land I haven't gotten to see much of the pre-season games, read some stuff in the papers, saw some stuff on the boards but even NFL Network hasn't been to helpful.

Who do you guys see on the DL this year. WE know the starters are

Keisel
    Snack
    Smith

and the Hoke and Ziggy are kind of a given but between Eason, Harris and Worthington who does it look like? Has anyone gotten to watch the DL play much this year? Is there someone that could come out of no where (Paxson?) and make the team.

Just curious to what everyone thinks?
    go to [URL]http://www.thebreastcancersite.com[/URL] to donate a free mammogram a day to women without health insurance.

Legend

User Info Menu

Re: Final DL

I think the DL will probably shake out this way:

Smith
    Hampton
    Kiesel

Hood
    Hoke
    Eason

PS: Worthington

Harris has disappointed and been pretty quiet in preseason. Worthington has shown a lot of athleticism, but is playing with the third team. Eason got off to a slow start (after some serious surgery that caused him to lose a lot of weight/muscle), but improved as camp and the preseason progressed. He provides a veteran backup at DE, edging out the younger guys.

I think there was a chance that Harris or Worthington was kept as a 7th DL, but the Leftwich injury forces the Steelers to keep 3 QBs on the roster while Ben is out, and I think that DL is an easier place to make the cut than LB, CB or WR.

Starter

User Info Menu

My preference:

Keisel, Hampton, Aaron Smith

Hoke, Hood, Harris, Worthington

PS: McLendon
    Woman: "Sir, what have you given us?"
    Benjamin Franklin: "A Republic, madam, if you can keep it."

[youtube:razli5ow]KFXuGIpsdE0[/youtube:razli5ow]

Starter

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by PSU_dropout43
    My preference:

Keisel, Hampton, Aaron Smith

Hoke, Hood, Harris, Worthington

PS: McLendon

i think we lose Worthington if he goes to PS plus that just gives us more depth to spell Keisel and Smith to keep them healthy
    1. CB – Marcus Peters – Washington – 6/190
    2. OG – Josue Matias – Florida State – 6-6/320
    3. OLB – Geneo Grissom – Oklahoma – 6-4/250
    4. DL – Ellis McCarthy – UCLA – 6-5/330
    5. TE – Jeff Heurman – Ohio State – 6-5/255
    6. FS – Adrian Amos – Penn State – 6/200
    7. DT – Terry Williams – East Carolina – 6-1/340

UDFA
    DB – Justin Cox – Mississippi St. – 6-2/190
    OLB – Davis Tull – Chattanooga – 6-2/242

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by ramblinjim
    Guys, living down here in Redskins land I haven't gotten to see much of the pre-season games, read some stuff in the papers, saw some stuff on the boards but even NFL Network hasn't been to helpful.

Who do you guys see on the DL this year. WE know the starters are

Keisel
    Snack
    Smith

and the Hoke and Ziggy are kind of a given but between Eason, Harris and Worthington who does it look like? Has anyone gotten to watch the DL play much this year? Is there someone that could come out of no where (Paxson?) and make the team.

Just curious to what everyone thinks?
    Well, Paxson is already gonzo...
    Steeler teams featuring stat-driven, me-first, fantasy-football-darling diva types such as Antonio Brown & Le'Veon Bell won no championships.

Super Bowl winning Steeler teams were built around a dynamic, in-your-face defense plus blue-collar, hard-hitting, no-nonsense football players on offense such as Hines Ward & Jerome Bettis.

We don't want Juju & Conner to replace what we lost in Brown & Bell.

We are counting on Juju & Conner to return us to the glory we once had with Hines & The Bus.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

I still haven't seen Hood looking like a number one pick. Even Timmons showed us something once in a while. In my opinion a defensive lineman should be able to show his worth fairly quickly. Either you can shed blocks, knock over guys or you can't. I'm not saying every play but at least some QB pressurse or disruption to the offense.

I wonder if we go for a nose tackle next season with the nummber one pick ?

Starter

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by fezziwig
    I still haven't seen Hood looking like a number one pick. Even Timmons showed us something once in a while. In my opinion a defensive lineman should be able to show his worth fairly quickly. Either you can shed blocks, knock over guys or you can't. I'm not saying every play but at least some QB pressurse or disruption to the offense.

I wonder if we go for a nose tackle next season with the nummber one pick ?
    i tend to agree. in our 3-4 scheme we don't really ask our DE's for a lot of pass rush moves, we ask that they hold the point, then shed blockers, and tackle. if they don't show at least some ability right off the bat, they're probably not going to magically learn it later.