Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 21

Thread: Who spells Mendy?

  1. #11

    Re: Who spells Mendy?

    Quote Originally Posted by Steeler Expat
    Running? Pffft. 3rd and 1, shotgun empty set.
    I don't care who you are, that's funny right there . . . in a sad sort of way.

  2. #12
    Pro Bowler
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    1,427

    Re: Who spells Mendy?

    Quote Originally Posted by Doogie36
    DENNIS DIXON and MOORE!!!!! REDMAN will be used for short yardage and the goal line!!!!!!!!!!

    With DIXON able to run and Moore able to catch it only makes sense to have these 2 in the backfield when Mendy gets tired!!!!!

    I for one am happy that LEFTY hurt his knee!!! Dixon gives us so many options in the running game and if you guys took the time to research the preseason stats you will see that OUR STEELERS lead all teams in RUSHING in the preseason!!!! Why is that???? DENNIS DIXON!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    We need to run the ball to win and I sure do love the 3rd and 10 situations a lot more now then I did when Lefty was the QB!!!!!

    GOOO STEELERS!!!!


    Wow, just wow that this crap came out of one of own.
    Not only is it horribly wrong and flawed. Talk about doing some research buddy. You are clueless if you think this helps our team at all.
    Yes, in the long run it would be nice to see what Dixon has, but we saw what he currently has versus a no.1 D in the previous outing. He was humbled completely.
    Frankly, Batch would give us a better chance to win.
    Lefty and Batch are only about .500 as starters in the league, but on vastly inferior teams. Dixon is 0-1. That ain't much experience. And only someone 15 or under wouldn't realize the value of experience at QB in the NFL.
    Yes, I'm speculating that you are under 15.


    As for the original topic, Mendi gets subbed by both Moore and Redman. Since we will be having to run more straight up the gut with Dixon at QB, Redman may be needed more than even I would have thought. We can't have Mendi over worked before Ben gets back.
    I originally thought Redman might get 4-6 carries a game max, but it could become 8-10 with this scenario.
    Also, I think this gives Dwyer a chance to make the team. And actually possibly be used. That's the first time I've said that. I think it would be better for him to sit on PS and the team can monitor whether he is interested in working out on his own now that he would be a full time employee, unlike in the offseason before he signed a contract. But we may not have that luxury, though they could move him back down once Ben reappears.

  3. #13
    Hall of Famer
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Woooooo!!!
    Posts
    2,987

    Re: Who spells Mendy?

    Dude. You do realize that with our QB depth situation... the chances of designed plays of DD running are drastically diminished. Forget that fantasy.



    Quote Originally Posted by Doogie36
    DENNIS DIXON and MOORE!!!!! REDMAN will be used for short yardage and the goal line!!!!!!!!!!

    With DIXON able to run and Moore able to catch it only makes sense to have these 2 in the backfield when Mendy gets tired!!!!!

    I for one am happy that LEFTY hurt his knee!!! Dixon gives us so many options in the running game and if you guys took the time to research the preseason stats you will see that OUR STEELERS lead all teams in RUSHING in the preseason!!!! Why is that???? DENNIS DIXON!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    We need to run the ball to win and I sure do love the 3rd and 10 situations a lot more now then I did when Lefty was the QB!!!!!

    GOOO STEELERS!!!!
    Cleveland spelled backwards is DNA Level C
    http://i225.photobucket.com/albums/d...itty29/mjg.jpg
    another AA/AS original.

  4. #14
    Pro Bowler
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Washington, DC
    Posts
    1,267

    Re: Who spells Mendy?

    Quote Originally Posted by Steeler Expat
    Running? Pffft. 3rd and 1, shotgun empty set.


    that made me chuckle!
    http://i177.photobucket.com/albums/w...asian07/RJ.jpg[/quote]

    go to http://www.thebreastcancersite.com to donate a free mammogram a day to women without health insurance.

    Huge thanks to AA for all the help with the signature.

  5. #15

    Re: Who spells Mendy?

    Quote Originally Posted by Oviedo
    Yea Dixon gives us options like not being able to read defenses, completing less than 50% of his passes and throwing more INTs than TDs.

    Not the options I'm looking for. Once opposing DCs gameplan against him Dixon will be totally ineffective. I'd love nothing more than to come back here and say I totally wrong but I'm very afraid I won't be.
    Which are very similar to options provided by Leftwich...

  6. #16
    Hall of Famer
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Tampa, Florida, United States
    Posts
    3,697

    Re: Who spells Mendy?

    Quote Originally Posted by Slapstick
    Quote Originally Posted by Oviedo
    Yea Dixon gives us options like not being able to read defenses, completing less than 50% of his passes and throwing more INTs than TDs.

    Not the options I'm looking for. Once opposing DCs gameplan against him Dixon will be totally ineffective. I'd love nothing more than to come back here and say I totally wrong but I'm very afraid I won't be.
    Which are very similar to options provided by Leftwich...
    yea, but what makes dixon dynamic is now taken away. like another poster said, no way do they design rollouts and runs to feature his speed now that lefty is hurt. so now, dixon has to beat teams with his arm and his ability (or disability however you want to look at it).
    http://jeromiandbrittany.blogspot.com/

    Earn Some Bitcoins


    PBMining

    http://www.qoinpro.com/91f8fc96f7dfd461f6483ab3950deccc

    I am paying for my honeymoon using bitcoins.
    1PQsjF9rQqEWF8RfPzczyqCW6ULu1nZ3iu

  7. #17

    Re: Who spells Mendy?

    Why in the world would they hamstring Dixon by not doing what he does well? There will be no shortage of designed runs and rollouts for him in the upcoming game plans...absolutely none...

    What the Steelers need to do with Dixon for the first four weeks is exactly what Arians did with Ben...select plays that Dixon is comfortable with executing and allow him to play within himself...

    Asking Dixon (or Leftwich) to be Ben will be suicide...let the starting QB do what he does well for the first four games...don't overthink things...

  8. #18

    Re: Who spells Mendy?

    WOW!!! ok i didnt know my post was going to be taken so seriously!!! but WOW....ok here are my points.

    1. Leftwich played 1 great half of football for us against the REDSKINS. That's all he has done. He couldnt' even start in TAMPA.....TAMPA!!! let that sink in here for a second.
    2. I'm not glad he got injured but in a way yes I am glad. I wasnt trying to wish harm on someone but I have torn my ACL and MCL and I didnt see anyone bringing me a tissue from the steeler board. LOL Just saying for the sake of the team this is a good thing.
    3. I'm a gambler and once VEGAS finds out Dixon is starting I guarantee the spread goes from +2.5 to +1.5. I'm 39 not 15 and the simple fact is even VEGAS and gamblers will feel Dixon will give us a better shot of winning. We are underdogs at home in week 1 vs a beat up Falcon team and that was with LEFTY starting. ENOUGH SAID!!!!
    4. I didnt mean to line up Dixon as a RB!!! I mean run MOORE as many of you suggested and have Dixon play QB that allows him the escapability!!!!!! Dixon is over 70% in the preseason and has rushed for roughly 100 yards. We lead the entire league in rushing in the preseason. Does this remind you of anything from the past???? Can you say BIG BEN'S ROOKIE YEAR????? What did Ben do again??? Oh he scrambled and hit BURRESS deep when the plays broke down!!!! or he RAN!!!! Sure worked back then!!! hmmm!!!
    5. 1st down RUN Mendy, 2nd down RUN Mendy, 3rd and short what is the defense going to do to PREPARE for DIXON??? Really???? NICKLE???? Its gonna be 3 yards!!! Give me a break....you guys are idiots!!!! Seriously!!!!! Dixon= a bettter KORDELL in my opinion and all Kordelll did was get us to a few championship games!!! Great game planning doesnt mean you can stop athletic ability such as dixon. How did Vick do again as a passer???? Not great but wasnt the Falcons in the playoffs a lot??? Oh wait didnt VICK totally make the steelers look like idiots that one game a few years ago??? The game where Hines lost his shoe!!!! BEN GOT HURT....MADDOX had to come in??? Oh i know you all remember.......even this 15 year old remembers!!! LOL.....didnt we have a good game plan on stopping VICK TOOO????? We just couldnt!!!!!!!! LOL
    6. No one knocks BIG BENS ability to escape and many feel its why he's a great QB!!! Defensive CB's cant contain WR's for that long of a period!! Plays BREAK DOWN.....even a 15 year old knows that!!!!!!! Dixon scrambling will only extend a play and when you extend a play it usually means something GOOD can happen......
    7. Leftwich got hurt from his own OL.........i'm surprised it didnt happen sooner to tell you the truth!!!!! The guy is slow and his throwing motion is even slower!!!!
    8. Dixon has to hold down the fort for 4 games. He has UPSIDE and the best defense behind him.........This is our best chance of WINNING!!!!!!!!!!! NOT BATCH, NOT LEFTY!!!!
    9. I llike LEFTY as a person and a teammate but I like him as much as I do Charlie Batch!!!! Give him a clipboard and have him smile and give High 5's to DIXON!!!!!
    10. Watch the VEGAS line change when they announce Dixon the starting QB.....That wont be me changing the line....it will be ALL OF AMERICA!!! Sad when gamblers know our team better then we know it as fans!!!!

    Shame on all of you for being toooo blind to see that Dixon is the answer for 4 games!!! Falcons, Titans, Bucs, Ravens!!!!!!!!! REALLY???? 3-1 with Dixon easily!!!!!

    I have the Steelers at +2 1/2 at home!!!! One of your own is betting STEELERS!!! Sure can't wait to see a dixon bootleg at the goaline......oh wait that would be bad because our REDZONE OFFENSE is so GREAT RIGHT????? GIve me a break!!!!

    You guys are something else!!!!! Seriously!!!!! WOW.....Batch....LOL.........TOOO FUNNY!!!!!!!!!

    Is it April fools day or something?

  9. #19
    Legend
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    13,345

    Re: Who spells Mendy?

    Quote Originally Posted by Doogie36
    WOW!!! ok i didnt know my post was going to be taken so seriously!!! but WOW....ok here are my points.

    1. Leftwich played 1 great half of football for us against the REDSKINS. That's all he has done. He couldnt' even start in TAMPA.....TAMPA!!! let that sink in here for a second.
    2. I'm not glad he got injured but in a way yes I am glad. I wasnt trying to wish harm on someone but I have torn my ACL and MCL and I didnt see anyone bringing me a tissue from the steeler board. LOL Just saying for the sake of the team this is a good thing.
    3. I'm a gambler and once VEGAS finds out Dixon is starting I guarantee the spread goes from +2.5 to +1.5. I'm 39 not 15 and the simple fact is even VEGAS and gamblers will feel Dixon will give us a better shot of winning. We are underdogs at home in week 1 vs a beat up Falcon team and that was with LEFTY starting. ENOUGH SAID!!!!
    4. I didnt mean to line up Dixon as a RB!!! I mean run MOORE as many of you suggested and have Dixon play QB that allows him the escapability!!!!!! Dixon is over 70% in the preseason and has rushed for roughly 100 yards. We lead the entire league in rushing in the preseason. Does this remind you of anything from the past???? Can you say BIG BEN'S ROOKIE YEAR????? What did Ben do again??? Oh he scrambled and hit BURRESS deep when the plays broke down!!!! or he RAN!!!! Sure worked back then!!! hmmm!!!
    5. 1st down RUN Mendy, 2nd down RUN Mendy, 3rd and short what is the defense going to do to PREPARE for DIXON??? Really???? NICKLE???? Its gonna be 3 yards!!! Give me a break....you guys are idiots!!!! Seriously!!!!! Dixon= a bettter KORDELL in my opinion and all Kordelll did was get us to a few championship games!!! Great game planning doesnt mean you can stop athletic ability such as dixon. How did Vick do again as a passer???? Not great but wasnt the Falcons in the playoffs a lot??? Oh wait didnt VICK totally make the steelers look like idiots that one game a few years ago??? The game where Hines lost his shoe!!!! BEN GOT HURT....MADDOX had to come in??? Oh i know you all remember.......even this 15 year old remembers!!! LOL.....didnt we have a good game plan on stopping VICK TOOO????? We just couldnt!!!!!!!! LOL
    6. No one knocks BIG BENS ability to escape and many feel its why he's a great QB!!! Defensive CB's cant contain WR's for that long of a period!! Plays BREAK DOWN.....even a 15 year old knows that!!!!!!! Dixon scrambling will only extend a play and when you extend a play it usually means something GOOD can happen......
    7. Leftwich got hurt from his own OL.........i'm surprised it didnt happen sooner to tell you the truth!!!!! The guy is slow and his throwing motion is even slower!!!!
    8. Dixon has to hold down the fort for 4 games. He has UPSIDE and the best defense behind him.........This is our best chance of WINNING!!!!!!!!!!! NOT BATCH, NOT LEFTY!!!!
    9. I llike LEFTY as a person and a teammate but I like him as much as I do Charlie Batch!!!! Give him a clipboard and have him smile and give High 5's to DIXON!!!!!
    10. Watch the VEGAS line change when they announce Dixon the starting QB.....That wont be me changing the line....it will be ALL OF AMERICA!!! Sad when gamblers know our team better then we know it as fans!!!!

    Shame on all of you for being toooo blind to see that Dixon is the answer for 4 games!!! Falcons, Titans, Bucs, Ravens!!!!!!!!! REALLY???? 3-1 with Dixon easily!!!!!

    I have the Steelers at +2 1/2 at home!!!! One of your own is betting STEELERS!!! Sure can't wait to see a dixon bootleg at the goaline......oh wait that would be bad because our REDZONE OFFENSE is so GREAT RIGHT????? GIve me a break!!!!

    You guys are something else!!!!! Seriously!!!!! WOW.....Batch....LOL.........TOOO FUNNY!!!!!!!!!

    Is it April fools day or something?
    Don't get amnesia when Dixon stinks up the joint and we are 1-3. I'll gladly say I'm wrong ifhe gets 3 wins but yet to be decided is whether he will actually start.
    Playing Fantasy Football does not qualify you to be the in the front office or on the coaching staff of the Pittsburgh Steelers. They are professionals and you are not!

  10. #20

    Re: Who spells Mendy?

    If Dixon starts and is the reason we are 1-3 i'll gladly say I'm WRONG! Without a doubt! but there's a reason they arent saying who will start and we all know what that reason is. It's called not tipping your hand to your opponent!!! Announcing Dixon the starter would be a dumb move at this point and not necessary!!!

    I dont understand why I'm an idiot but yet John Gruden said the exact same thing when Lefty was healthy.

    I'm going to Vegas thanks to Dixon!!! I have his back!!!!!

    Last game started by BATCH was against the Ravens wasnt it???? Didnt we lose that game???? Isnt it Batch who supported Dixon to be the starter earlier in the year??? Wont Batch be able to help him READ those defenses and learn as the game is going on????? Remember COWHER asking BIG BEN what defense he saw during the TITANS game??? Its on the highlight DVD...WATCH IT......BIG BEN HAD NO CLUE.....Cowher had to tell him!!!! Big Ben hates watching tape!!!!!! I mean lets keep it real here guys!!!

    Sometimes you just want your best athlete on the field and in this case it's DIXON!!! I like my chances and I dont think i'll be wrong on this one.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •