Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Who spells Mendy?

Who spells Mendy?

Who is it that gives Mendy a spell and serves as a compliment RB?
    Hopefully the answer is Redman but it gets a little confusing as we have him in the same backfield at times.
    We will use him as a compliment to Mendy won't we...the kid has potential and can be a legit 1-2 punch.
    Thoughts?

Re: Who spells Mendy?

Dwyer got stronger as the competition got weaker. I still think Redman is the 2nd best RB on the team. Moore looked better as the preseason went on. I feel better about the RB's now then before the preseason.

I guess after all my rambling i'd have to say Redman.

DENNIS DIXON and MOORE!!!!! REDMAN will be used for short yardage and the goal line!!!!!!!!!!

With DIXON able to run and Moore able to catch it only makes sense to have these 2 in the backfield when Mendy gets tired!!!!!

I for one am happy that LEFTY hurt his knee!!! Dixon gives us so many options in the running game and if you guys took the time to research the preseason stats you will see that OUR STEELERS lead all teams in RUSHING in the preseason!!!! Why is that???? DENNIS DIXON!!!!!!!!!!!!!

We need to run the ball to win and I sure do love the 3rd and 10 situations a lot more now then I did when Lefty was the QB!!!!!

GOOO STEELERS!!!!

I still think Moore is, well, more valuable in that role for now. But I would love to keep dwyer and redman on this team.

Where the Rubber Meets the Road (in NEPA)

Quote Originally Posted by Doogie36
    I for one am happy that LEFTY hurt his knee!!!
    I will never understand this perspective. I don't like to see opponents injured, never mind guys on my own team.

1.15 WR Mike Evans, Texas A&M
    2.46 TE Austin Seferian-Jenkins, Washington
    3.97c ILB Shayne Skov, Stanford
    4.118 CB Philip Gaines, Rice
    5.157 OT James Hurst, North Carolina
    5.173c RB Jerrick McKinnon, Georgia Southern
    6.192 CB Walt Aikens, Liberty
    6.215c DE Deandre Coleman, California
    7.230 NT Zack Kerr, Delaware

I agree. I am not in the "Leftwich for Starter" camp, but I don't want to see anyone get hurt...

Benchwarmer

Running? Pffft. 3rd and 1, shotgun empty set.

Backup

I don't like to see anyone get hurt either, but does Dwyer's running style remind you of anyone? I might be streching it some, but he reminds me of the Bus!
    http://www.planetsteelers.com/cpg141...erpics/sth.jpg

"Success Is Determined By Attitude."
    AS Rocks

Hall of Famer

Quote Originally Posted by SteelHoss
    I don't like to see anyone get hurt either, but does Dwyer's running style remind you of anyone? I might be streching it some, but he reminds me of the Bus!
    i was thinking more of barry foster. i hope dwyer has a career more like the bus than foster.

Legend

Quote Originally Posted by Doogie36
    DENNIS DIXON and MOORE!!!!! REDMAN will be used for short yardage and the goal line!!!!!!!!!!

With DIXON able to run and Moore able to catch it only makes sense to have these 2 in the backfield when Mendy gets tired!!!!!

I for one am happy that LEFTY hurt his knee!!! Dixon gives us so many options in the running game and if you guys took the time to research the preseason stats you will see that OUR STEELERS lead all teams in RUSHING in the preseason!!!! Why is that???? DENNIS DIXON!!!!!!!!!!!!!

We need to run the ball to win and I sure do love the 3rd and 10 situations a lot more now then I did when Lefty was the QB!!!!!

GOOO STEELERS!!!!
    Yea Dixon gives us options like not being able to read defenses, completing less than 50% of his passes and throwing more INTs than TDs.

Not the options I'm looking for. Once opposing DCs gameplan against him Dixon will be totally ineffective. I'd love nothing more than to come back here and say I totally wrong but I'm very afraid I won't be.
    Playing Fantasy Football does not qualify you to be the in the front office or on the coaching staff of the Pittsburgh Steelers. They are professionals and you are not!

2014 Draft

1. Eric Ebron, TE
    2. Calvin Pryor, S
    3 (Comp). Jaylen Watkins, CB
    4. Justin Ellis, DT/NT
    5a. Brandon Coleman, WR
    5b. Brent Urban, DE
    6. Prince Shembo, OLB
    7a. Aaron Colvin, CB
    7b. Storm Johnson, RB