View Poll Results: Who starts the first game of the season? (assuming Lefty stays injured)

Voters
25. You may not vote on this poll
  • Batch

9 36.00%
  • Dixon

16 64.00%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Dixon or Batch?

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Dixon or Batch?

I am going with Dixon on this one. Batch is the perennial backup and mentor for the skilled young man.
    http://i177.photobucket.com/albums/w226/angryasian07/SIGNATURES/DOS2.jpg
    Crush your enemies, see them driven before you, hear the lamentations of their women.

Legend

User Info Menu

Re: Dixon or Batch?

My depth chart has been, is, and will be Roethlisberger-Leftwich-Dixon-Batch. I haven't seen anything up to this point to change that opinion. If Ben and Byron are not available, then I'd go Dixon as the starter and Batch as the backup.
    Steeler teams featuring stat-driven, me-first, fantasy-football-darling diva types such as Antonio Brown & Le'Veon Bell won no championships.

Super Bowl winning Steeler teams were built around a dynamic, in-your-face defense plus blue-collar, hard-hitting, no-nonsense football players on offense such as Hines Ward & Jerome Bettis.

We don't want Juju & Conner to replace what we lost in Brown & Bell.

We are counting on Juju & Conner to return us to the glory we once had with Hines & The Bus.

Legend

User Info Menu

I think Batch will start and Dixon will be sprinkled in with wild cat stuff.

Legend

User Info Menu

I'm afraid that Dixon would have more INTs than TDs. Batch is the safer pick.

Let's hope Lefty is OK.

If Lefty is hurt then there is no way that Goodell would reduce the punishment on Ben or he would have the league screaming he was doing it because of the injury to Left. Goodell has royally screwed us with the extreme puinishment.
    "My team, may they always be right, but right or wrong...MY TEAM!"

Legend

User Info Menu

Are the Steelers going to have top pick up a quarterback for the first 4 games? We need an emergency quarterback, correct?

Pappy

Trade 20 & 119 to Tampa for 26/57

1.26 - Graham Barton, OC/G, Duke
    2.51 - Xavier Leggette, WR, South Carolina
    2.57 - Braden Fiske, DT, FSU
    3.84 - Andru Phillips, CB, Kentucky
    3.98 - T'Vondre Sweat, DT, Texas
    7.178 - Joe Milton III, QB, Tennessee
    7.195 - Omar Speights, LB, LSU

"Football is a physical game, well, it used to be anyways" - Mel Blount

TheSikOne

Quote Originally Posted by Crash
    I think Batch will start and Dixon will be sprinkled in with wild cat stuff.
    When will these wildcat comments ever end?
    It just won't happen. This isn't college and we aren't the Dolphins.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by papillon
    Are the Steelers going to have top pick up a quarterback for the first 4 games? We need an emergency quarterback, correct?

Pappy
    We have Antwaan Randle El, who played QB at Indiana, Arnaz Battle, who played QB at Notre Dame, and Hines Ward, who played QB at Georgia. In the unlikely event that both Dixon and Batch were injured in the same game, they could work out something for those guys to run. Perhaps they pick up a young QB to put on their practice squad to learn our plays and such, but I think we can survive with 2 QB's while Ben is on the shelf (if Byron's knee injury is serious, of course, which we still don't know).
    Steeler teams featuring stat-driven, me-first, fantasy-football-darling diva types such as Antonio Brown & Le'Veon Bell won no championships.

Super Bowl winning Steeler teams were built around a dynamic, in-your-face defense plus blue-collar, hard-hitting, no-nonsense football players on offense such as Hines Ward & Jerome Bettis.

We don't want Juju & Conner to replace what we lost in Brown & Bell.

We are counting on Juju & Conner to return us to the glory we once had with Hines & The Bus.

Backup

User Info Menu

I heard Lienart is available!

Legend

User Info Menu

I'd much prefer Batch to start over Dixon. He is the safer, more reliable pick.

I fear that it will be Dixon.

Legend

User Info Menu

I can't believe the Steelers are going to be forced to start the season with their 3rd string QB.

Come on Goodell.....a zero game suspension sounds good to me.