Thread: Will Ben ever have a receiver ?

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Will Ben ever have a receiver ?

Will Ben ever have a receiver like Montana had Rice ? I thought Ben and Santonio were going to be the Dynamic Duo but Santonio is now gone.

Hines was here way ahead of Ben and will probably be gone in a couple of seasons.

We have a lot of guys Ben throws to and no one other than Wallce looks like a canidate at this time. Is it the salary cap now that will keep teams from having tandums at QB and receivers ?

Legend

User Info Menu

Re: Will Ben ever have a receiver ?

Quote Originally Posted by fezziwig
    Will Ben ever have a receiver like Montana had Rice ? I thought Ben and Santonio were going to be the Dynamic Duo but Santonio is now gone.

Hines was here way ahead of Ben and will probably be gone in a couple of seasons.

We have a lot of guys Ben throws to and no one other than Wallce looks like a canidate at this time. Is it the salary cap now that will keep teams from having tandums at QB and receivers ?

I think its more along the lines of there isnt any Rices to be had rather than the salary cap. Fitz is probably the only WR out there that is close....maybe Andre Johnson
    2019 Mock

1. ILB
    2. CB
    3. ILB
    4. S
    5. CB
    6. ILB
    7. S

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Trouble with Fitz, he has no quarterback to toss him the passes. This is why I've always said, " you need a franchise/elite quarterback if you want to be a Super Bowl contender. " The Cards had Warner and now they're not much without Warner.
    All those Cowher seasons with average or slighty above average Qbs under Cowher and great defenses and great running teams meant nothing without a great quarterback and a Dynamic Duo receiver.

Benchwarmer

User Info Menu

You mean... will Ben ever have a WR... Apart from the Hall of Famer that he's had to throw to virtually his entire career?

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

I think Wallace can be the guy. He has good hands, isn't afraid to go over the middle and we all know about his speed. If he continues to improve his route running I think he could be elite.
    As many on this site think ... The Rooney's suck, Colbert sucks, Tomlin sucks, the coaches suck, and the players suck.

but Go Steelers!!!

Legend

User Info Menu

Ben is Dan Marino, John Elway, Brett Favre good. He doesn't need great WRs. He'll make his WRs.

Guys like Montana, Brady, , Manning, Bradshaw even need great WRs to be great.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Relentless7
    You mean... will Ben ever have a WR... Apart from the Hall of Famer that he's had to throw to virtually his entire career?
    They really didn't meet up in time with Hines being here a good bit before Ben came onto the scene and with Hines probably gone in a couple of seasons, sadly enough.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

I don't think he really needs one. Get him a good O-line, and he'll be golden.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by SteelTorch
    I don't think he really needs one. Get him a good O-line, and he'll be golden.

Steelers Draft 2015
    Rd 1: Devante Parker - WR/ Kevin Johnson - CB
    Rd 2: Danielle Hunter -OLB
    Rd 3: Steven Nelson - CB
    Rd 4: Derron Smith - S
    Rd 5: Henry Anderson - DE
    Rd 6: Wes Saxton - TE
    Rd 7: Deon Simon - DT

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by fezziwig
    Will Ben ever have a receiver like Montana had Rice ?....
    Since there has never ever been another receiver like Jerry Rice...I'd say...NO...and I'd add that not only does this apply to Ben but every other QB as well.
    Steelers 2015 Draft???....Go Freak! As in....

1-Bernardrick McKinney MLB Mississippi State 6 ft 5 250 4.5 40 yard dash