Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Our FB prayers could be answered...

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Our FB prayers could be answered...

Seahawks | Could have decision to make at fullback
    Comment (0)
    Wed, 01 Sep 2010 22:40:15 -0400

Seattle Seahawks FB Owen Schmitt is the team's only true fullback, but RB Quinton Ganther is capable of playing the role, reports Danny O'Neil, of The Seattle Times. Schmitt might not be released from the team, but the Seahawks could consider letting him go when they need to reduce their roster size.

Read more: [url="http://www.kffl.com/hotw/nfl#ixzz0yNxqbamg"]http://www.kffl.com/hotw/nfl#ixzz0yNxqbamg[/url]

Legend

User Info Menu

Re: Our FB prayers could be answered...

I would take Owen Schmitt is a heartbeat and drive Frank Summers to the airport. That said I think he was released once before and we passed on the chance to sign him so not sure what they think now.
    "My team, may they always be right, but right or wrong...MY TEAM!"

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Hmm...He would be hard to pass on. Who makes us better....Summers or Schmitt? Would there even be a debate?

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Oviedo
    I would take Owen Schmitt is a heartbeat and drive Frank Summers to the airport. That said I think he was released once before and we passed on the chance to sign him so not sure what they think now.
    I remember that O. We even had this discussion before. But I don't believe he ever got released. It was rumored to happen before camp but I don't think it ever happened.

Legend

User Info Menu

After reading the title, I thought maybe Bruce Arians had been fired.

Not sure if it matters much who plays FB in his offense, since he doesn't use a FB in his offense.

Backup

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by BradshawsHairdresser

Not sure if it matters much who plays FB in his offense, since he doesn't use a FB in his offense.

Legend

User Info Menu

Steeler teams featuring stat-driven, me-first, fantasy-football-darling diva types such as Antonio Brown & Le'Veon Bell won no championships.

Super Bowl winning Steeler teams were built around a dynamic, in-your-face defense plus blue-collar, hard-hitting, no-nonsense football players on offense such as Hines Ward & Jerome Bettis.

We don't want Juju & Conner to replace what we lost in Brown & Bell.

We are counting on Juju & Conner to return us to the glory we once had with Hines & The Bus.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by drprwnap
    Quote Originally Posted by BradshawsHairdresser

Can Owen Schmitt catch ?? If so then i can see Steelers going after him.
    Steelers Draft 2015
    Rd 1: Devante Parker - WR/ Kevin Johnson - CB
    Rd 2: Danielle Hunter -OLB
    Rd 3: Steven Nelson - CB
    Rd 4: Derron Smith - S
    Rd 5: Henry Anderson - DE
    Rd 6: Wes Saxton - TE
    Rd 7: Deon Simon - DT

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by RuthlessBurgher

Isn't this the photo from when, without a helmet, he headbutted another teammate with a helmet on? If so, I have to question his smarts.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by proudpittsburgher
    Quote Originally Posted by RuthlessBurgher

Isn't this the photo from when, without a helmet, he headbutted another teammate with a helmet on? If so, I have to question his smarts.
    You are correct ... and it was during the pre-game warmups. Schmitt has not made a good impression with the Seahawks. The guy we really should have gone after was former Hawk Leonard Weaver. That guy can run, catch and even block some.

Either way Summers should be gone. I would rather keep Logan than keep Summers.
    As many on this site think ... The Rooney's suck, Colbert sucks, Tomlin sucks, the coaches suck, and the players suck.

but Go Steelers!!!