Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Our FB prayers could be answered...

Where the Rubber Meets the Road (in NEPA)

Re: Our FB prayers could be answered...

Quote Originally Posted by grotonsteel
    Quote Originally Posted by drprwnap
    Quote Originally Posted by BradshawsHairdresser
    After reading the title, I thought maybe Bruce Arians had been fired.

Not sure if it matters much who plays FB in his offense, since he doesn't use a FB in his offense.

Can Owen Schmitt catch ?? If so then i can see Steelers going after him.
    In his 2 seasons in Seattle (2 starts in 30 games), he has 5 rushing attempts (for 21 yards) and 12 receptions (for 50 yards). At WVU, he carried 160 times for 1,003 yards (6.3-yard average) and 13 touchdowns, as he was tackled for a loss just twice. He caught 32 passes for 288 yards (9.0-yard avg) and two scores, adding 34 yards on two kickoff returns. Four of his 21 college starts were at TE. Arians seems to love FB/TE hybrid type guys, so there is a chance (if he is indeed cut this time, unlike the last time we discussed this, when his release was only a false rumor).

Quote Originally Posted by proudpittsburgher
    Quote Originally Posted by RuthlessBurgher

Isn't this the photo from when, without a helmet, he headbutted another teammate with a helmet on? If so, I have to question his smarts.
    He has also been known to bash himself in the head repeatedly with his own helmet. He may not be the sharpest knife in the drawer, but a spark of insanity may not necessarily be an awful thing for a fullback (I'd be more worried if, say, my accountant was bashing himself in the head).

I would trade Dixon for him right now. Let alone sign him as a FA. This would be a great pickup!
    LETS GO MOUNTAINEERS!
    Here We Go Steelers!

Draft 2.0

1. Mike Evans, WR, Texas A&M
    2. Jason Verrett, CB, TCU
    3. Kareem Martin, DE, UNC
    4. Donte Moncrief, WR, Mississippi
    5a. Shaquille Richardson, CB, Arizona
    5b. Seantrel Henderson, OT, Miami
    6a. Kevin Pierre-Louis, OLB, Boston College
    6b. Glen Stanley, OLB, Albany St
    7. Beau Allen, NT, Wisconsin

Legend

Quote Originally Posted by calmkiller
    I would trade Dixon for him right now. Let alone sign him as a FA. This would be a great pickup!

Me too!!!!!!!!!
    Playing Fantasy Football does not qualify you to be the in the front office or on the coaching staff of the Pittsburgh Steelers. They are professionals and you are not!

Quote Originally Posted by calmkiller
    I don't know about that, but I'd trade Summers for him or Hartwig for him. :P

Quote Originally Posted by Oviedo
    I would take Owen Schmitt is a heartbeat and drive Frank Summers to the airport. That said I think he was released once before and we passed on the chance to sign him so not sure what they think now.
    I would drive Summers to the airport at the same time i was picking Schmitt up from the airport. First of all it saves gas money (to re-sign Woodley). Second if we can induce a crossing of paths, we be able to provoke a head butting contest.

Legend

On HardKnocks, the Jets have discussed getting rid of Tony Richardson even though he's still playing at a high level according to their coach.

I don't really understand the love for the big dumb white FB who has only played in 2 games in the NFL and likes to hit himself in the head. Then some even want to trade Dixon for him??? I'm not sure if that is just a West Virginia thing or what, but Owen isn't going to help us more than Dixon might.

Not sure why anyone would want to get rid of Dixon at this point.

Legend

Quote Originally Posted by sd steel
    I don't really understand the love for the big dumb white FB who has only played in 2 games in the NFL and likes to hit himself in the head. Then some even want to trade Dixon for him??? I'm not sure if that is just a West Virginia thing or what, but Owen isn't going to help us more than Dixon might.

Not sure why anyone would want to get rid of Dixon at this point.
    Some people can't help themselves.... Grisham is also a star in the making.

The only way Owen will succeed in the NFL is if a team runs the triple spread option.

Watch any Navy game and you will see the FB getting 10 to 15 yards a few times a game.

I wouldn't trade Dixon...

But, to be fair, Schmitt has played in more NFL games than Dixon (and far more than two)...
    I want gay married couples to be able to protect their marijuana plants with guns.