Thread: NT Option?

Pro Bowler

NT Option?

This is bound to be one of those posts that gets me in trouble.

Alright, so I'm a little on the fence as to whether or not he makes the final 53 but does anyone else think that Doug Legursky could play NT?

6-1, 325 pounds (according to his Wikipedia page, 315 according to the Steelers Roster) so he has the right size and "shape".

He was an All-American wrestler in high school (should understand leverage) and was a champion (of some sort?) weightlifter, so should be ridiculously strong.

Many of us, especially me, have fretted about not having an heir apparent to the Casey Hampton, could it be that the dude is already on the team?

There's a couple of guys on the board that I believe have played some O-line and D-line, is that a real possible position switch from OC / OG to NT?
    http://i177.photobucket.com/albums/w...asian07/RJ.jpg[/quote]

go to http://www.thebreastcancersite.com to donate a free mammogram a day to women without health insurance.

Huge thanks to AA for all the help with the signature.

Legend

Re: NT Option?

I list Legursky as a surprise cut from the roster. I don't think this nis something that would work because you already have a good back up candidate with experience in Sunny Harris.
    Playing Fantasy Football does not qualify you to be the in the front office or on the coaching staff of the Pittsburgh Steelers. They are professionals and you are not!

Hall of Famer

That is an interesting idea. He is a good athlete.
    Even if Bill Belichick was getting an atomic wedgie, his face would look exactly the same.

If I'm moving him to any position, it is FB.

With Hampton signed to a three year extension, the Steelers can wait until this offseason or even next to find a replacement for Hampton.

Legend

Quote Originally Posted by phillyesq

With Hampton signed to a three year extension, the Steelers can wait until this offseason or even next to find a replacement for Hampton.
    Better idea than NT. He can't be a worse blocker than Summers.
    Playing Fantasy Football does not qualify you to be the in the front office or on the coaching staff of the Pittsburgh Steelers. They are professionals and you are not!

Hall of Famer

It would be more of a consideration if there was an inkling that the coaches thought this way too. I don't see many people many that type of switch so easily (i.e. at the NFL level).

And of course: his 6'1" 325 is quite different than Hampton's 6'1", 325 (the weight he came into the league with)... in terms of body structure, etc.
    Guys and gals,
    If you play fantasy football, go to the FF forum here and read my thread. I'd appreciate some feedback on it.

Legend

And bring back FWP to run behind him once he gets cut by the Redskins.

Quote Originally Posted by Oviedo

cut Summers and keep Legursky.

Quote Originally Posted by hawaiiansteel
    Quote Originally Posted by Oviedo

cut Summers and keep Legursky.
    C'mon guys ... we can only cut Summers once. We can't cut Summers and keep Legursky and Logan and Grisham and Dwyer and etc.
    <a href=http://seahawknationblog.com/files/2011/02/roger-goodell.jpg target=_blank>http://seahawknationblog.com/files/2...er-goodell.jpg</a>