Thread: Predict the unexpected cuts and keeps

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Re: Predict the unexpected cuts and keeps

Quote Originally Posted by Oviedo
    Quote Originally Posted by flippy
    Cuts: Batch, Hartwig, Dwyer, Foster, Eason

Keeps: Grisham, Logan, Sylvester, Bailey, Harris
    Good list but I really hope we don't cut Dwyer to keep Logan and Grisham. When would Grisham ever see the field or be active on gameday?
    Couldn't the same thing be said about Dwyer? He will never see the field or be active on gameday either.

I'm not advocating Grisham over Dwyer but at least Grisham has produced in practice and pre-season. He seems to have earned a spot where the only way Dwyer makes it is on reputation ... unless he has a great game tonight.
    As many on this site think ... The Rooney's suck, Colbert sucks, Tomlin sucks, the coaches suck, and the players suck.

but Go Steelers!!!

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by ikestops85

Good list but I really hope we don't cut Dwyer to keep Logan and Grisham. When would Grisham ever see the field or be active on gameday?
    Couldn't the same thing be said about Dwyer? He will never see the field or be active on gameday either.

I'm not advocating Grisham over Dwyer but at least Grisham has produced in practice and pre-season. He seems to have earned a spot where the only way Dwyer makes it is on reputation ... unless he has a great game tonight.
    Dwyer had more impact in one series than Grisham has had all preseason. Grisham has done nothing to earn a roster spot in the preseason.

They both can impact the practice squad IMO...
    I lost a bet about Najee gaining 1300 yards.

"Our head coach has failed to win a playoff game for seven years in a row. His game day strategy, culture of divas, in game decisions, clock management, player evaluation, hires, and affinity with sub par starters at RB, P, and OL are holding the Steelers back. That standard remains the standard"

Legend

User Info Menu

Grisham could be the #4 WR and a Hines Ward injury away from seeing lots of playing time.

Beyond the top 3 WRs, you have very little NFL experience. Grisham's at least been with the team a year. Battle has some experience too, but I don't see him as a legit contributor in the offense.

As far as Logan goes, he'll make an impact on the team and Dwyer will never see the field anyways. I think we can plunk him on the PS.

Legend

User Info Menu

Grisham could be the #4 WR and a Hines Ward injury away from seeing lots of playing time.

Beyond the top 3 WRs, you have very little NFL experience. Grisham's at least been with the team a year. Battle has some experience too, but I don't see him as a legit contributor in the offense.

As far as Logan goes, he'll make an impact on the team and Dwyer will never see the field anyways. I think we can plunk him on the PS.
    That would assume Grisham is better than Battle, Sanders and Brown. I've seen nothing that would suggest that.

He can go to the PS and no one will even pay attention from other teams.
    "My team, may they always be right, but right or wrong...MY TEAM!"

Legend

User Info Menu

That would assume Grisham is better than Battle, Sanders and Brown. I've seen nothing that would suggest that.

I think he runs better routes. Gets off the line easier. Has better hands. And is dedicated to blocking downfield.

But I don't think he's really being given a fair shot.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

I'm just saying that you only hear good things coming out of camp about Grisham ... not so about Dwyer. That's all.

Are the Grisham haters and the Redmen haters the same people? Hmmm ...

... and if 'haters' is too severe please feel free to replace it with 'detractors'.
    As many on this site think ... The Rooney's suck, Colbert sucks, Tomlin sucks, the coaches suck, and the players suck.

but Go Steelers!!!

Legend

User Info Menu

I'm just saying that you only hear good things coming out of camp about Grisham ... not so about Dwyer. That's all.

... and if 'haters' is too severe please feel free to replace it with 'detractors'.
    Nope...I'd give Redman a big ol' thumbs up and Grisham a big ol' thumbs down.
    Steeler teams featuring stat-driven, me-first, fantasy-football-darling diva types such as Antonio Brown & Le'Veon Bell won no championships.

Super Bowl winning Steeler teams were built around a dynamic, in-your-face defense plus blue-collar, hard-hitting, no-nonsense football players on offense such as Hines Ward & Jerome Bettis.

We don't want Juju & Conner to replace what we lost in Brown & Bell.

We are counting on Juju & Conner to return us to the glory we once had with Hines & The Bus.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by RuthlessBurgher

Nope...I'd give Redman a big ol' thumbs up and Grisham a big ol' thumbs down.
    And I give Redman a slightly upturned thumb and Grisham a thumbs down.
    "My team, may they always be right, but right or wrong...MY TEAM!"

Legend

User Info Menu

I think he runs better routes. Gets off the line easier. Has better hands. And is dedicated to blocking downfield.

he runs good routes because his speed is slow motion...

"Our head coach has failed to win a playoff game for seven years in a row. His game day strategy, culture of divas, in game decisions, clock management, player evaluation, hires, and affinity with sub par starters at RB, P, and OL are holding the Steelers back. That standard remains the standard"

Legend

User Info Menu

he runs good routes because his speed is slow motion...