Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Predict the unexpected cuts and keeps

Legend

Re: Predict the unexpected cuts and keeps

Quote Originally Posted by ikestops85
    I'm just saying that you only hear good things coming out of camp about Grisham ... not so about Dwyer. That's all.

Are the Grisham haters and the Redmen haters the same people? Hmmm ...

... and if 'haters' is too severe please feel free to replace it with 'detractors'.
    The Grisham detractors are mostly Redman fans...

most of the Grisham fans are fans of him or his story... and not what he brings to the team talent-wise.

Hall of Famer

I'm just saying that you only hear good things coming out of camp about Grisham ... not so about Dwyer. That's all.

... and if 'haters' is too severe please feel free to replace it with 'detractors'.
    I am a big Redman fan.

As far as Grisham goes i have not seen him much so can't say if he is better than Brown or Company.

I know Grisham reminds me of good ole Ced Wilson when he complains to the Refs.
    Steelers Draft
    Rd 1: Mike Evans - WR
    Rd 2: Kyle Van Noy - ILB/OLB
    Rd 3c: Philip Gaines - CB
    Rd 4: Taylor Hart - DE
    Rd 5: Justin Ellis - DT
    Rd 5c:Xavier Grimble -TE

Quote Originally Posted by Oviedo
    Quote Originally Posted by RuthlessBurgher

Nope...I'd give Redman a big ol' thumbs up and Grisham a big ol' thumbs down.
    And I give Redman a slightly upturned thumb and Grisham a thumbs down.
    But you weren't always a Redmen fan now were you?

When we all knew O wanted Redmen gone
    <a href=http://seahawknationblog.com/files/2011/02/roger-goodell.jpg target=_blank>http://seahawknationblog.com/files/2...er-goodell.jpg</a>

Hall of Famer

Well guys...Don't be too tough on Grisham. First, he is very young. So he isn't a finished product. He may not have the measurables but there are different types of WR in this league. You will get a Hines Ward type of WR at best. Maybe a little faster than Ward ever was. But great hands, good routes, tough guy who will go over the middle, and will stick a helmet on a DE if he is asked to. You don't look for a guy like this to be a #1 or #2. He is the type of guy you like on 3rd down. Get to the sticks and catch a bullet low and away. Take the hit and move the chain. A "Blue Collar" WR. The QBs like these guys because you throw it hard to the spot and you know he will go get it for you. You always want one of them on your team because the top 2 don't like to run those routes.

That being said, Grisham has alot of work to do to get to that WR. I wouldn't put him any higher that #6 right now. Ward, Wallace, El, Sanders, & Brown are all ahead of him. If he continues to improve and play ST, he could stick around.

Hall of Famer

before tonights game

IN
    sly for foote or fox..all 3 rookie L:Bs make the squad

Logan

cromartie-smith

crez

OUT
    summers, mundy, madison

practice squad
    brown, dwyer, grisham, harris, D johnson,

Hall of Famer

POST Game

mundy makes it...finally saw him make some plays... cro-smith practice squad

they keep dwyer and brown...logan is cut and sanders is the main punt returner now. dwyer looked good again

Burnett gets cut

After watching him tonight, I agree, we ought to keep Sylvester on the final 53.
    I think I would cut Foote, if I was running things. But don't look for the Steelers to go that route.

I also now expect that Logan will be cut, although I think that will be a mistake.

As far as drafted rookies making the team, I now think nearly all of them will (Worthington to the PS).

I think it's safe to say that Batch is going to survive the final cut.

cutting burnett would be a big mistake.

i will be stunned, not surprised, if Foster gets cut for Urbik. some of the gurus just won't admit the guy flat out sucks. he looks average against other teams 3rd stringers and his supporters howl for a starting position.

cuts- logan, madison, summers
    keeps- dwyer, butler, sly

Quote Originally Posted by Eddie Spaghetti
    cutting burnett would be a big mistake.

i will be stunned, not surprised, if Foster gets cut for Urbik. some of the gurus just won't admit the guy flat out sucks. he looks average against other teams 3rd stringers and his supporters howl for a starting position.

cuts- logan, madison, summers
    keeps- dwyer, butler, sly
    Urbik over Foster was my surprise pick. I wanted to go out on a limb a bit; hence the unexpected.

I haven't been an Urbik supporter all along. I've read some good reviews of his play this preseason. I'm not an o-line guru by any means, and I didn't have a chance to see tonight's game. I've never been that impressed with Foster. He doesn't seem to have a lot of power or mobility. This isn't just blindly pimping a player - earlier, I thought it was an almost certainty that he'd get cut.

Where the Rubber Meets the Road (in NEPA)

If Scott's injury is serious, we could keep both Foster and Urbik (along with Hills and Legursky to round out our backup OL).