Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 33

Thread: Predict the unexpected cuts and keeps

  1. #11
    Hall of Famer ikestops85's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    3,242

    Re: Predict the unexpected cuts and keeps

    Quote Originally Posted by Oviedo
    Quote Originally Posted by flippy
    Cuts: Batch, Hartwig, Dwyer, Foster, Eason

    Keeps: Grisham, Logan, Sylvester, Bailey, Harris
    Good list but I really hope we don't cut Dwyer to keep Logan and Grisham. When would Grisham ever see the field or be active on gameday?
    Couldn't the same thing be said about Dwyer? He will never see the field or be active on gameday either.

    I'm not advocating Grisham over Dwyer but at least Grisham has produced in practice and pre-season. He seems to have earned a spot where the only way Dwyer makes it is on reputation ... unless he has a great game tonight.
    <a href=http://seahawknationblog.com/files/2011/02/roger-goodell.jpg target=_blank>http://seahawknationblog.com/files/2...er-goodell.jpg</a>

  2. #12
    Legend
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    13,506

    Re: Predict the unexpected cuts and keeps

    Quote Originally Posted by ikestops85
    Quote Originally Posted by Oviedo
    Quote Originally Posted by flippy
    Cuts: Batch, Hartwig, Dwyer, Foster, Eason

    Keeps: Grisham, Logan, Sylvester, Bailey, Harris
    Good list but I really hope we don't cut Dwyer to keep Logan and Grisham. When would Grisham ever see the field or be active on gameday?
    Couldn't the same thing be said about Dwyer? He will never see the field or be active on gameday either.

    I'm not advocating Grisham over Dwyer but at least Grisham has produced in practice and pre-season. He seems to have earned a spot where the only way Dwyer makes it is on reputation ... unless he has a great game tonight.
    Dwyer had more impact in one series than Grisham has had all preseason. Grisham has done nothing to earn a roster spot in the preseason.

    They both can impact the practice squad IMO...

  3. #13
    Legend
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Inside Your Head
    Posts
    10,384

    Re: Predict the unexpected cuts and keeps

    Quote Originally Posted by Oviedo
    Quote Originally Posted by flippy
    Cuts: Batch, Hartwig, Dwyer, Foster, Eason

    Keeps: Grisham, Logan, Sylvester, Bailey, Harris
    Good list but I really hope we don't cut Dwyer to keep Logan and Grisham. When would Grisham ever see the field or be active on gameday?
    Grisham could be the #4 WR and a Hines Ward injury away from seeing lots of playing time.

    Beyond the top 3 WRs, you have very little NFL experience. Grisham's at least been with the team a year. Battle has some experience too, but I don't see him as a legit contributor in the offense.

    As far as Logan goes, he'll make an impact on the team and Dwyer will never see the field anyways. I think we can plunk him on the PS.

  4. #14
    Legend
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    13,479

    Re: Predict the unexpected cuts and keeps

    Quote Originally Posted by flippy
    Quote Originally Posted by Oviedo
    Quote Originally Posted by flippy
    Cuts: Batch, Hartwig, Dwyer, Foster, Eason

    Keeps: Grisham, Logan, Sylvester, Bailey, Harris
    Good list but I really hope we don't cut Dwyer to keep Logan and Grisham. When would Grisham ever see the field or be active on gameday?
    Grisham could be the #4 WR and a Hines Ward injury away from seeing lots of playing time.

    Beyond the top 3 WRs, you have very little NFL experience. Grisham's at least been with the team a year. Battle has some experience too, but I don't see him as a legit contributor in the offense.

    As far as Logan goes, he'll make an impact on the team and Dwyer will never see the field anyways. I think we can plunk him on the PS.
    That would assume Grisham is better than Battle, Sanders and Brown. I've seen nothing that would suggest that.

    He can go to the PS and no one will even pay attention from other teams.
    Playing Fantasy Football does not qualify you to be the in the front office or on the coaching staff of the Pittsburgh Steelers. They are professionals and you are not!

  5. #15
    Legend
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Inside Your Head
    Posts
    10,384

    Re: Predict the unexpected cuts and keeps

    Quote Originally Posted by Oviedo

    That would assume Grisham is better than Battle, Sanders and Brown. I've seen nothing that would suggest that.

    He can go to the PS and no one will even pay attention from other teams.
    I think he runs better routes. Gets off the line easier. Has better hands. And is dedicated to blocking downfield.

    But I don't think he's really being given a fair shot.

  6. #16
    Hall of Famer ikestops85's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    3,242

    Re: Predict the unexpected cuts and keeps

    I'm just saying that you only hear good things coming out of camp about Grisham ... not so about Dwyer. That's all.

    Are the Grisham haters and the Redmen haters the same people? Hmmm ...

    ... and if 'haters' is too severe please feel free to replace it with 'detractors'.
    <a href=http://seahawknationblog.com/files/2011/02/roger-goodell.jpg target=_blank>http://seahawknationblog.com/files/2...er-goodell.jpg</a>

  7. #17
    Legend RuthlessBurgher's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Where the Rubber Meets the Road (in NEPA)
    Posts
    21,503

    Re: Predict the unexpected cuts and keeps

    Quote Originally Posted by ikestops85
    I'm just saying that you only hear good things coming out of camp about Grisham ... not so about Dwyer. That's all.

    Are the Grisham haters and the Redmen haters the same people? Hmmm ...

    ... and if 'haters' is too severe please feel free to replace it with 'detractors'.
    Nope...I'd give Redman a big ol' thumbs up and Grisham a big ol' thumbs down.

  8. #18
    Legend
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    13,479

    Re: Predict the unexpected cuts and keeps

    Quote Originally Posted by RuthlessBurgher
    Quote Originally Posted by ikestops85
    I'm just saying that you only hear good things coming out of camp about Grisham ... not so about Dwyer. That's all.

    Are the Grisham haters and the Redmen haters the same people? Hmmm ...

    ... and if 'haters' is too severe please feel free to replace it with 'detractors'.
    Nope...I'd give Redman a big ol' thumbs up and Grisham a big ol' thumbs down.
    And I give Redman a slightly upturned thumb and Grisham a thumbs down.
    Playing Fantasy Football does not qualify you to be the in the front office or on the coaching staff of the Pittsburgh Steelers. They are professionals and you are not!

  9. #19
    Legend
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    13,506

    Re: Predict the unexpected cuts and keeps

    Quote Originally Posted by flippy
    Quote Originally Posted by Oviedo

    That would assume Grisham is better than Battle, Sanders and Brown. I've seen nothing that would suggest that.

    He can go to the PS and no one will even pay attention from other teams.
    I think he runs better routes. Gets off the line easier. Has better hands. And is dedicated to blocking downfield.

    But I don't think he's really being given a fair shot.
    he runs good routes because his speed is slow motion...

  10. #20
    Legend
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    13,506

    Re: Predict the unexpected cuts and keeps

    Quote Originally Posted by flippy
    Quote Originally Posted by Oviedo

    That would assume Grisham is better than Battle, Sanders and Brown. I've seen nothing that would suggest that.

    He can go to the PS and no one will even pay attention from other teams.
    I think he runs better routes. Gets off the line easier. Has better hands. And is dedicated to blocking downfield.

    But I don't think he's really being given a fair shot.
    he runs good routes because his speed is slow motion...

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •