Thread: This is why we don't wear huge diamond earrings to practice

Legend

User Info Menu

This is why we don't wear huge diamond earrings to practice

This is why we don't wear huge diamond earrings to practice
    [url="http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/blog/shutdown_corner/post/This-is-why-we-don-t-wear-huge-diamond-earrings-?urn=nfl-266682"]http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/blog/shutdo ... nfl-266682[/url]
    By MJD

Miami Dolphins defensive end Kendall Langford(notes) is a little less shiny today than he was yesterday. He arrived at Tuesday's practice iced out with a 2.5-carat diamond hanging from his earlobe. He forgot to take it out before practice.

And Wednesday, his ears were sadly bare. After Langford and his teammates raked the grass and were on hands and knees looking for the earring, they gave up the search for a team meeting. Shortly after the grounds crew mowed the lawn and the diamond was nowhere to be found.

The defensive end would not disclose how much the diamond was worth. However, a local jewelry distributor told reporters that the diamond could be worth more than $50,000.

If I could call a quick time out here, I'm confused about one thing -- We're in Miami, and we can't locate an old man with a metal detector? Come on now. Put an ad in the local PennySaver, see if an old guy can help you, and if his trusty metal detector finds the diamond, then you buy him as many Grand Slam breakfasts as he wants for a month. Seems like this should be an easy fix.

The earring remains at large. Langford remains a little less icy.

Bill Parcells is going to have to have a long talk with his players about proper ridiculously sized earring care and maintenance.

Other popular stories on Yahoo! Sports

Molon labe

People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf. George Orwell

?We're not going to apologize for winning.?
    Mike Tomlin

American metal pimped by asiansteel
    Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you 1. Jesus Christ, 2.The American G.I., One died for your soul, the other for your freedom.

Backup

User Info Menu

Re: This is why we don't wear huge diamond earrings to practice

lol - I wish I had problems like this.

Legend

User Info Menu

Re: This is why we don't wear huge diamond earrings to practice

Quote Originally Posted by kiwi_sarah
    lol - I wish I had problems like this.

Molon labe

People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf. George Orwell

?We're not going to apologize for winning.?
    Mike Tomlin

American metal pimped by asiansteel
    Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you 1. Jesus Christ, 2.The American G.I., One died for your soul, the other for your freedom.