Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Roethlisberger puts trust in ex-Arena league QB

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Re: Roethlisberger puts trust in ex-Arena league QB

Quote Originally Posted by Steelers>NFL
    Quote Originally Posted by Oviedo
    Maybe he can teach Ben to get rid of the ball quickly like ex-AFL QB Kurt Warner. That would truely take Ben's game to the next level.
    Or at least throw a few more balls out of bounds, and not take a dumb sack.
    or not hold on to the ball so long and check down to a back more often and yada, yada, yada!!

As many on this site think ... The Rooney's suck, Colbert sucks, Tomlin sucks, the coaches suck, and the players suck.

but Go Steelers!!!

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by stlrz d
    Quote Originally Posted by frankthetank1
    Quote Originally Posted by Slapstick
    I disagree...Ben should just be Ben at this point...
    he is one of the best qb's in the league. i agree he should just continue to play how he plays. sure he takes some sacks sometimes instead of throwing the ball away but he also makes huge plays instead of throwing the ball away.
    That's just it. People screaming for him to check down or throw the ball away are making their statements based purely on hindsight.

When he makes those great plays due to buying all that time you don't hear them, after the fact, saying he should have thrown it away.

Ben is Ben and he's damn good at what he does. Get on board. It's been 6 years for God's sake!
    Exactly...this is not a news flash.

Ben holds on to the ball often in search of the big play. Sometimes this will result in a sack which loses yards and can kill drives. There will be games that we lose at times because this happened too often or at the wrong time.......

But I will take it because when those plays do work he can single handedly lead us to victory and Ben's record shows that he does that a whole lot more often than he hurts us.

Backup

User Info Menu

Im scared for the rest of the league. Ben 2.0 are you kidding me, the man has 2 super bowls!

You thought he was good before wait till you meet Ben 2.0. Introducing the new Ben 2.0. He's leaner, more fan and media friendly. Comes with extra shoes and bible. Respect for the media sold separately.

I want to send the man flowers and maybe some cookies...