Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 84

Thread: Sal Paolantonio: Ben to ask Goodell for 3-game reduction

  1. #21
    Legend
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    5,002

    Re: Sal Paolantonio: Ben to ask Goodell for 3-game reduction

    You wouldn't suspend Vick who was told to behave?

    You wouldn't suspend Benson who has three arrests?


  2. #22
    Legend hawaiiansteel's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Hawaii 5-0
    Posts
    14,991

    Re: Sal Paolantonio: Ben to ask Goodell for 3-game reduction

    Quote Originally Posted by Shawn
    I The only guys I wouldn't have suspended would have been Vick and Bensen.

    Shawn, i gotta disagree with you on this one.

    Michael Vick did some seriously disgusting things. if Ben is given a 4-game suspension for what he did, Vick deserves more games for what he did to those poor dogs...

  3. #23

    Re: Sal Paolantonio: Ben to ask Goodell for 3-game reduction

    Quote Originally Posted by Crash
    But, I also believe Ben had sex in a public restroom with a girl too intoxicated to give consent.
    The evidence doesn't support that theory "Doctor".

    Ben denied it. She went to the hospital that night and they couldn't determine that they had sex. In your medical opinion, what would that mean?
    I like how you put doctor in quotes. That does put some funny effect to the sarcasm. I have already gone over what was seen during exam and would rather not get into that again. But, the exam was supportive of very recent sexual activity and I explained why the physician was vague. Not really the point because I'm not trying to convince you. I believe what I believe you believe what you believe.

    But, I do have a question for you. If Ben did have sex with a girl too drunk to give consent in a public restroom do you believe he deserves a suspension?

  4. #24

    Re: Sal Paolantonio: Ben to ask Goodell for 3-game reduction

    Quote Originally Posted by hawaiiansteel
    Quote Originally Posted by Shawn
    I The only guys I wouldn't have suspended would have been Vick and Bensen.

    Shawn, i gotta disagree with you on this one.

    Michael Vick did some seriously disgusting things. if Ben is given a 4-game suspension for what he did, Vick deserves more games for what he did to those poor dogs...
    Nah...I agree with that. It was a horrible crime. I should have expounded. I meant the whole recent party incident.

  5. #25

    Re: Sal Paolantonio: Ben to ask Goodell for 3-game reduction

    Quote Originally Posted by Crash
    You wouldn't suspend Vick who was told to behave?

    You wouldn't suspend Benson who has three arrests?

    1) Nope out of his control
    2) Nope...I read what happened. Black man at the wrong bar being harassed by idiots.

  6. #26

    Re: Sal Paolantonio: Ben to ask Goodell for 3-game reduction

    Does anyone think that it would be better for Ben to come back AFTER week 4, so he has a bye week to get the rust off?


    We got our "6-PACK" - time to work on a CASE!

    HERE WE GO STEELERS, HERE WE GO!

  7. #27
    Legend papillon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Under your bed
    Posts
    6,946

    Re: Sal Paolantonio: Ben to ask Goodell for 3-game reduction

    Quote Originally Posted by SanAntonioSteelerFan
    Does anyone think that it would be better for Ben to come back AFTER week 4, so he has a bye week to get the rust off?
    Not me, the Steelers are better football team with Ben on the field, rust or no rust. IMHO

    Pappy


    1.15) Ryan Shazier - ILB/OLB
    2.46) Stephon Tuitt - DE
    3.97) Dri Archer - RB
    4.118 ) Martavis Bryant - WR
    5.157) Shaquille Richardson - CB
    6.173) Wesley Johnson - OT
    6.192) Jordan Zumwalt - ILB
    7.215) Daniel McCullers - DT
    7.230) Rob Blanchflower - TE

    "Before you can win a game, you have to not lose it." -- Chuck Noll

  8. #28
    Legend
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Stuart, FL
    Posts
    9,215

    Re: Sal Paolantonio: Ben to ask Goodell for 3-game reduction

    Quote Originally Posted by papillon
    Quote Originally Posted by SanAntonioSteelerFan
    Does anyone think that it would be better for Ben to come back AFTER week 4, so he has a bye week to get the rust off?
    Not me, the Steelers are better football team with Ben on the field, rust or no rust. IMHO

    Pappy
    Cosigned.

    As for the other points brought up, isn't it odd how there are only TWO people saying Ben was in that bathroom? The accuser and the friend who supposedly went to get her? Not one other person in all of this says Ben was in that bathroom. Not one! You would think with all the stories that are floating around out there (i.e. Ben was drinking heavily, Ben was only nursing a beer, etc) that at least ONE other person would be saying that Ben was in that bathroom with her. But no one is doing that. No one.

    Cedric Benson was being harassed. Fine. If he fought to protect himself that's fine too. He still should have been suspended for PUNCHING A BAR EMPLOYEE who was only escorting him out to put a stop to the trouble, and for SPITTING BLOOD IN THE FACE OF THAT EMPLOYEE.

    Vick. Was told not to be around alcohol and certain people. He did both. And isn't it odd how the guy was shot shortly after Vick left? I mean only the mob does that, right? Vick would never give someone an order to do something to the dude, but wait until after I am gone, right? Nah...no chance.

    I don't know if that's what happened with Vick, but if Ben is going to be suspended based on allegations drawn from hearsay then the same thing could be said for Vick.

  9. #29

    Re: Sal Paolantonio: Ben to ask Goodell for 3-game reduction

    Quote Originally Posted by Shawn
    Quote Originally Posted by Crash
    But, I also believe Ben had sex in a public restroom with a girl too intoxicated to give consent.
    The evidence doesn't support that theory "Doctor".

    Ben denied it. She went to the hospital that night and they couldn't determine that they had sex. In your medical opinion, what would that mean?
    I like how you put doctor in quotes. That does put some funny effect to the sarcasm. I have already gone over what was seen during exam and would rather not get into that again. But, the exam was supportive of very recent sexual activity and I explained why the physician was vague. Not really the point because I'm not trying to convince you. I believe what I believe you believe what you believe.

    But, I do have a question for you. If Ben did have sex with a girl too drunk to give consent in a public restroom do you believe he deserves a suspension?
    Actually, while Crash keeps saying Ben did not have sex, his own "most likely scenario" states that Ben did in fact have sex, just not the kind that can produce children, the kind that got Bill Clinton in trouble.

    Ben denies "sexual intercourse" very specifically for a reason.

    Crash need not agree with you on whether proof exists of v sex happened.

    Even if Crash is 100 percent correct your point Shawn of "too drunk for consent" is a big problem for Ben.

    It explains why Ben cannot talk.

  10. #30

    Re: Sal Paolantonio: Ben to ask Goodell for 3-game reduction

    Quote Originally Posted by stlrz d
    As for the other points brought up, isn't it odd how there are only TWO people saying Ben was in that bathroom? The accuser and the friend who supposedly went to get her? Not one other person in all of this says Ben was in that bathroom. Not one! You would think with all the stories that are floating around out there (i.e. Ben was drinking heavily, Ben was only nursing a beer, etc) that at least ONE other person would be saying that Ben was in that bathroom with her. But no one is doing that. No one.
    No one says Ben was NOT in the bathroom either. He has bodyguards, paid to watch him. Girl asks to go to the restroom and a bodyguard took the girl to a stool where she sat "waiting".

    Bodyguards say they did not "see" Ben do anything, yet cannot say "I was with Ben and he never went into the bathroom". A room full of Ben's people and NOBODY says this.

    I dont know what happened in the bathroom, but if he was never in there NONE OF THIS STUFF HAPPENS BECAUSE A ROOM FULL OF PEOPLE COULD TESTIFY HE WASNT IN THERE.

    NOBODY DID. INCLUDING BEN HIMSELF.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •