Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Sal Paolantonio: Ben to ask Goodell for 3-game reduction

Re: Sal Paolantonio: Ben to ask Goodell for 3-game reduction

Quote Originally Posted by drprwnap
    Quote Originally Posted by SteelerNation1
    Quote Originally Posted by steelblood
    Quote Originally Posted by siss
    I like the fact that Rooney is supporting Ben.
    Where did you get that?
    Doubt Rooney II would stand by his side just for the heck of it.
    In Friday's meeting with NFL commissioner Roger Goodell, Ben Roethlisberger's representatives plan to ask the commissioner to reduce the six-game suspension by at least three games, bringing along team president Arthur J. Rooney II to the New York meeting to support the quarterback's case, sources with knowledge of upcoming proceedings told ESPN's Sal Paolantonio.
    This was also reported on KDKA news tonight.
    I think Ben may make a persuasive case having proven a change to Rooney. I think if Rooney expresses strong support, the commish will take the request seriously.

Quote Originally Posted by steeler_fan_in_t.o.
    I like his chances.....

I have always been of the mind that the penalty was so harsh because it was backed by Rooney with the commish.

If he is in fact joining Ben in asking for a greater reduction then I think that it has a good chance of working.
    Exactly.

Legend

Ravens fans are gonna scream conspiracy if Ben only does 3 games.

They claim they wanna beat us with Ben, but if Ben plays they'll be crying big, purple tears.

Pro Bowler

This is the other side of the "Godell" coin. He reserves the right to arbitrary reduction. Ben has gone above and beyond according to all reports. Truthfully, there is merit to additional reduction (we get more games with Ben) as well as reduction to four (in theory, the lesson "sets" with Ben).

Quote Originally Posted by NJ-STEELER
    espn anchor said "rumors are his reps will ask for AT LEAST a 3 game reduction"

make this right, rog
    To make it right he'd have to reduce it to zero games.

Pappy

1.15) Ryan Shazier - ILB/OLB
    2.46) Stephon Tuitt - DE
    3.97) Dri Archer - RB
    4.118 ) Martavis Bryant - WR
    5.157) Shaquille Richardson - CB
    6.173) Wesley Johnson - OT
    6.192) Jordan Zumwalt - ILB
    7.215) Daniel McCullers - DT
    7.230) Rob Blanchflower - TE

"Before you can win a game, you have to not lose it." -- Chuck Noll

Quote Originally Posted by papillon
    Quote Originally Posted by NJ-STEELER
    espn anchor said "rumors are his reps will ask for AT LEAST a 3 game reduction"

make this right, rog
    To make it right he'd have to reduce it to zero games.

Pappy
    Very true indeed!

I think 3 games will be the penalty anyways, and my theory is that the biggest rivalry in the NFL today is the Ravens vs Steelers and i guarantee that it will be NATIONALLY TELEVISED . Couple that with no one wants to see Byron vs the Ravens , but the whole world will tune in to watch Ben first game back vs the Ravens.... my 2 cents.

I know I am in the great minority but I do believe Ben's actions warrant a 2 game suspension. But, I also believe Ben had sex in a public restroom with a girl too intoxicated to give consent. I believe Goodell knows closer to the full story than the rest of us. With that said, the rest of these guys deserve suspensions as well. All these guys should have been hit with a suspension. The only guys I wouldn't have suspended would have been Vick and Bensen.

Pro Bowler

I think it will end up bein a 2-3 game suspension and I'm leaning towards 2! I just have a feeling after Benson, Rogers, Young or anyone else weren't even suspended and with the way that Goodell stated Ben has gone above and beyond, I just have a feeling that we will be seeing Big Ben playing in Tampa!!! Either way, I'll take it!!
    <a href=http://www.planetsteelers.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=6946&dateline=1338146203 target=_blank>http://www.planetsteelers.com/forums...ine=1338146203</a>

Legend

But, I also believe Ben had sex in a public restroom with a girl too intoxicated to give consent.
    The evidence doesn't support that theory "Doctor".

Ben denied it. She went to the hospital that night and they couldn't determine that they had sex. In your medical opinion, what would that mean?