Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Ochocinco again...

Legend

User Info Menu

Re: Ochocinco again...

Quote Originally Posted by stlrz d
    I can't wait until this bozo is out of the league.

Bingo. Being funny or entertaining, and being stupid are different. He's stupid, IMO.
    Steel City Mafia
    So Cal Boss (Ret)
    [URL]http://www.anewsong.com[/URL]

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by feltdizz
    Quote Originally Posted by jj28west
    His WWE character is almost comical but this must make the classy guys like the Jerry Rices of the world look upon in disgust as he views this as a mockery to the sport.
    Jerry was classy but the guy wears entirely too much foundation. LOL... I remember Rice being upset when Moss didn't mention him after breaking one of his records.

I think all WR's have attitude and I don't see Ocho's comedy as a bad thing. Plenty of players do much worse on and off the field. The guy raises a lot of money and has figured out a way to make some extra dough being outlandish.

The game needs guys like Ocho... dude is hilarious.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Stinko's entire act jumped the shark about 5 years ago.
    Obviously the standard is the standard.

Starter

User Info Menu

What if he was a Steeler? Would we be tired of his act? Five years ago I think I took him too seriously. He said on NFL Network (I believe Woodson was right there) that Rod could not cover him. Now the more I think about it Chad is making money by this routine via the Media, etc.

I am not saying he does not have heart because I have seem him attempt to catch balls that were off target down the middle where he ended up getting laid out.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Yinzerdude
    Ya think?

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Yinzerdude
    I mean does it ever get old watching Curly, Moe, and Larry smack each other? I mean funny is funny...and Ocho is funny.
    Trolls are people too.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

I'm with Shawn on this one, I mean I get why people don't like the guy but put me in the group of folks that thinks he's pretty funny.
    go to [URL]http://www.thebreastcancersite.com[/URL] to donate a free mammogram a day to women without health insurance.

Starter

User Info Menu

Put me in the camp that likes him as well.

Granted, some of the stuff he does is quite silly for a grown man.

But, he doesn't appear to be obscene or demeaning in most of what he does. I think he's a big kid at heart.
    http://i177.photobucket.com/albums/w...URES/NCFAN.jpg

"18 and D'OH!" ---headline on NFL.com 2/5/08

Legend

User Info Menu

Steeler teams featuring stat-driven, me-first, fantasy-football-darling diva types such as Antonio Brown & Le'Veon Bell won no championships.

Super Bowl winning Steeler teams were built around a dynamic, in-your-face defense plus blue-collar, hard-hitting, no-nonsense football players on offense such as Hines Ward & Jerome Bettis.

We don't want Juju & Conner to replace what we lost in Brown & Bell.

We are counting on Juju & Conner to return us to the glory we once had with Hines & The Bus.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by jj28west
    What if he was a Steeler? Would we be tired of his act? Five years ago I think I took him too seriously. He said on NFL Network (I believe Woodson was right there) that Rod could not cover him. Now the more I think about it Chad is making money by this routine via the Media, etc.

I am not saying he does not have heart because I have seem him attempt to catch balls that were off target down the middle where he ended up getting laid out.
    Yes, I think people would be tired of it. Don't forget people were tired of Holmes so much as flexing a muscle after making a good catch. Some people think Chad is funny, but I think he's self-centered and a whore for attention.