Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: My Final 53

Legend

Re: My Final 53

Too big a risk to try to put Dwyer or Sylvester on the Practice Squad. There is too much film on both and a team needing special teams and a back up LB will grab Sylvester. Dwyer on Sunday night made someone's 53 man roster with his performance and a RB thin team will grab him before he ever sees our PS. There is a diamond hidden under that coal.

I'd keep Sylvester over Bailey and Dwyer over Logan. The fact that you point out Logan "plays some RB and WR" is exactly the problem. It means he isn't good enough to get playing time at either unless we get devastated by injuries and if we did I'd bet they are combing the waiver wire before they would ever consider playing Logan at either RB or WR as more than an emergency option. Brown and Sanders will handle the return game just fine.

I also can't see them keeping both Eason and Harris. My bet is they go with Eason although I would keep Harris. One will go and they will try to stash Worthington on the PS and hope he gets up to speed quick in case an injury happens.

As far as OL don't be surprised if Urbik makes it and Legursky is the odd man out. IMO that is a 50/50 proposition.

I'd also rather have McHugh over Johnson but I think they keep Johnson.
    Playing Fantasy Football does not qualify you to be the in the front office or on the coaching staff of the Pittsburgh Steelers. They are professionals and you are not!

Quote Originally Posted by BradshawsHairdresser
    QB (3) --Leftwich, Dixon, Batch (Roeth doesn't count until after suspension)
    RB (3)--Mendenhall, Redman, Moore
    FB (1)--Johnson (also plays TE)
    TE (2)--Miller, Spaeth
    WR (5)--Ward, Wallace, El, Sanders, Brown
    OL (9)--Starks, Kemoeatu, Pouncey, Essex, Adams, Hills, Foster, Legursky, Scott
    PK (1)--Reed
    P (1)--Sepulveda
    LS (1)--Warren
    RS (1)--Logan (also plays some WR and RB)
    DL (7)--Smith, Hampton, Keisel, Hood, Hoke, Eason, Harris
    LB (9)--Harrison, Farrior, Timmons, Woodley, Foote, Fox, Bailey, Gibson, Worilds
    CB (6)--Taylor, McFadden, Gay, Lewis, Burnett, Butler
    S (4)--Polamalu, Clark, Allen, Mundy

Practice Squad:
    Worthington, Urbik, Grisham, Scott, Jolly, Dwyer, Cromartie-Smith, Sylvester

Notable Cuts:
    Battle, Summers, Hartwig
    Replace Batch with Battle. Sanders won't be active on gameday. Battle is veteran depth at WR, and a STer to replace Madison.

I would add a real FB to the roster (cut from another team) in place of Brown. I know that Brown is everybody's preseason favorite, but I think the Steelers can sneak him onto the PS. That spot, for me, comes down to Brown or Logan, and I keep going back and forth, but today, I'm feeling Logan, who will help the team win more now. If not a FB from another team, then McHugh.

Dwyer makes it to the PS just fine; he had a few nice runs, but by all reports, a lot of mental mistakes. There are many RBs on the bubble elsewhere that would get snapped up before Dwyer, IMO. He has potential, but at this point, if a team is going to bring in somebody from the outside, they're going to be looking more for production and immediate help than potential.

Replace Bailey with Sylvester.

I think Urbik might sneak onto the team. I read some decent reports about him the past few games. Perhaps in place of Scott, or maybe in place of Foster. I know that Foster played ok last year, but it seems to me that he won't ever be much more than average, if that.

The real battle here is longsnapper, where Stewart beats Warren.

Hall of Famer

Quote Originally Posted by BradshawsHairdresser
    Quote Originally Posted by Eddie Spaghetti
    i would swap battle for logan.
    sylvester for bailey
    mchugh for johnson
    drop sunny harris and keep dwyer

just my .02
    Logan has been a lot more visible in ST coverage than Battle, who has also been fairly invisible on offense. You've got to have someone who gets down the field to cover, especially if you let Madison go.

Sylvester has lots of potential, but doesn't look ready from what I saw Sunday night.
    For sure, he's got more upside than Bailey, but Bailey knows the position and is a good ST player. Again, you've got to keep some of your ST aces, unless you want ST's to suck even worse than they did last season.

McHugh is another player who has been pretty much invisible, but I thought Johnson looked fairly good in his opportunities.

Dwyer looked good Sunday night...against the second and third stringers. There's no need to put him on the active roster right now. Let him learn on the PS.

Sunny Harris was kind of a borderline selection to make the final 53. I don't feel that strongly about keeping him, but I also don't think Worthington is quite ready.
    it was only one game against back ups but what has redman really done? 5 or 6 good games against backups? i think if they put either redman or dwyer on the ps they get grabbed by another team. they can keep 4 hb's if summers is getting cut. i like johnson instead of mchugh. they are both good blockers but johnson looks bigger and faster.

I think there will be two players who line up at FB for the Steelers...neither one will be Frank Summers...I had high hopes for Frank the Tank, but he didn't fulfill them...

Why keep Summers over Dwyer? If you have Redman and Johnson playing FB, why keep summers? Summers is still PS eligible, I think...why not place HIM there and let him develop...
    I want gay married couples to be able to protect their marijuana plants with guns.

Hall of Famer

Here's my 55. 1 exempt for BR. Batch will be released upon his return. 1 PUP player (C Scott). If there are no injuries on the OL, the Steelers have several days to release or make room for him when he comes off. If he doesn't make the 53, he will go to PS. This is my pre-game #4 55. If Dwyer has another solid game, I believe he could sneak on. As of right now, he is PS. There is a battle on the DL & LB spot that could pan out based on ST and the inability for the Steelers to sneak a guy onto the PS. I believe it will come down to the Steelers keeping Harris over Eason. Sylvester's ability to play ST and flashes at his position will force them not to try to sneak him to the PS. Butler's raw talent will earn him a spot at the expense of Madison. Because of Madison's release, the Steelers keep Battle for ST.

QB (3)--*Roethlisberger(Exempt), Lefty, Dixon, Batch
    FB (1)--Summers
    TE (3)--Miller, Spaeth, Johnson
    WR (6)--Ward, Wallace, Randel-El, Sanders, Brown, Battle
    OL (9)--Starks, Kemoeatu, Pouncey, Essex, Adams, Hills, Foster, Legursky, J Scott, *C Scott (PUP)
    PK (1)--Reed
    P (1)--Sepulveda
    LS (1)--Warren
    DL (6)--Smith, Hampton, Keisel, Hood, Hoke, Harris
    LB (9)--Harrison, Farrior, Timmons, Woodley, Foote, Fox, Gibson, Worilds, Sylvester

Practice Squad:
    Worthington, Urbik, Grisham, Dwyer, Cromartie-Smith, Bright, Brooks, Other

On a side note, Steeler's scouts have been attending every Bears game. They have their eye on someone. Perhaps J'Marcus Webb or an OL who will be let go to make room. Some are speculating Jarron Gilbert who is struggling in the 4-3. A RB or FB. Something to keep an eye on.

Legend

Quote Originally Posted by JUST-PLAIN-NASTY
    Here's my 55. 1 exempt for BR. Batch will be released upon his return. 1 PUP player (C Scott). If there are no injuries on the OL, the Steelers have several days to release or make room for him when he comes off. If he doesn't make the 53, he will go to PS. This is my pre-game #4 55. If Dwyer has another solid game, I believe he could sneak on. As of right now, he is PS. There is a battle on the DL & LB spot that could pan out based on ST and the inability for the Steelers to sneak a guy onto the PS. I believe it will come down to the Steelers keeping Harris over Eason. Sylvester's ability to play ST and flashes at his position will force them not to try to sneak him to the PS. Butler's raw talent will earn him a spot at the expense of Madison. Because of Madison's release, the Steelers keep Battle for ST.

FB (1)--Summers
    OL (9)--Starks, Kemoeatu, Pouncey, Essex, Adams, Hills, Foster, Legursky, J Scott, *C Scott (PUP)
    PK (1)--Reed
    P (1)--Sepulveda
    LS (1)--Warren
    LB (9)--Harrison, Farrior, Timmons, Woodley, Foote, Fox, Gibson, Worilds, Sylvester

Practice Squad:

On a side note, Steeler's scouts have been attending every Bears game. They have their eye on someone. Perhaps J'Marcus Webb or an OL who will be let go to make room. Some are speculating Jarron Gilbert who is struggling in the 4-3. A RB or FB. Something to keep an eye on.

OOOOOOH. Secret agent type stuff. Very cool info and will have to wait and see.

I'm OK with your roster except I have Dwyer and Urbik making the roster. I would dump Summers and Legursky.
    Playing Fantasy Football does not qualify you to be the in the front office or on the coaching staff of the Pittsburgh Steelers. They are professionals and you are not!

Hall of Famer

Quote Originally Posted by Oviedo
    Quote Originally Posted by JUST-PLAIN-NASTY

FB (1)--Summers
    PK (1)--Reed
    P (1)--Sepulveda
    LS (1)--Warren

Practice Squad:

OOOOOOH. Secret agent type stuff. Very cool info and will have to wait and see.

I'm OK with your roster except I have Dwyer and Urbik making the roster. I would dump Summers and Legursky.
    You know I have been a big Urbik fan. I have been hoping he makes strides. I'm going by where he seems to be stuck in the rotation and his PS eligibility. The Steelers don't look to be so high on him anymore. I think it is even a stretch to put him on the PS. I hope I am as wrong on this as I was on thinking he would be a solid pro.

I think Dwyer needs another solid game to make the 53. I'm sure he will see alot of work on Thursday. I think & hope this will be a similiar story as Redman from last year. Hope he gets it if they stick him on the PS. If he has another solid performance, he might not clear waivers to make the PS.

Benchwarmer

My main complaint is Dwyer being left off your list.

Since before the draft, every analyst said he needed time to adjust to a conventional running style, having come from Georgia Tech's triple option offense--did we forget that already? He's been getting progressively better and I thought that's what we all should've been expecting.

He's a project (and we should know that most players are in the 6th and 7th rounds), but a worthwhile one. I know and it seems everyone else knows that there's real potential here. He wouldn't last an hour on waivers to make it to our practice squad.

Legend

Quote Originally Posted by Steelskin

Since before the draft, every analyst said he needed time to adjust to a conventional running style, having come from Georgia Tech's triple option offense--did we forget that already? He's been getting progressively better and I thought that's what we all should've been expecting.

He's a project (and we should know that most players are in the 6th and 7th rounds), but a worthwhile one. I know and it seems everyone else knows that there's real potential here. He wouldn't last an hour on waivers to make it to our practice squad.
    I agree. Cuyting Dwyer means you are giving him to another team.

IMO too much there to let walk pout the door when we really have nothing special past Mendy in our current RB group.

Hall of Famer

Quote Originally Posted by Steelskin

He would make the PS with a no show on Thursday. Projects are fine. No problem with that. But he has to show me he could be productive again against the garbage men, roofers, and grocery baggers he will be playing against on Thursday. We are talking about a kid who can't block (completely missed a backer twice) and isn't showing up on ST. I don't think you give up 1 of 53 for that unless he gives you a 100 / 1 TD output against the 3's & 4's. There is much to say about the 3's & 4's blocking. Except he did nothing with the 2's so you have to take that into consideration. Remember, Redman's production last year was far more obvious and he cleared waivers....Twice. He was there for the taking for 16 weeks and nobody wanted him. If he could stand out against lessor competition or show some production with the 1's & 2's...They will make room. I think Summers would be the odd man out in that case.