Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: My Final 53

My Final 53

QB (3) --Leftwich, Dixon, Batch (Roeth doesn't count until after suspension)
    RB (3)--Mendenhall, Redman, Moore
    FB (1)--Johnson (also plays TE)
    TE (2)--Miller, Spaeth
    WR (5)--Ward, Wallace, El, Sanders, Brown
    OL (9)--Starks, Kemoeatu, Pouncey, Essex, Adams, Hills, Foster, Legursky, Scott
    PK (1)--Reed
    P (1)--Sepulveda
    LS (1)--Warren
    RS (1)--Logan (also plays some WR and RB)
    DL (7)--Smith, Hampton, Keisel, Hood, Hoke, Eason, Harris
    LB (9)--Harrison, Farrior, Timmons, Woodley, Foote, Fox, Bailey, Gibson, Worilds
    CB (6)--Taylor, McFadden, Gay, Lewis, Burnett, Butler
    S (4)--Polamalu, Clark, Allen, Mundy

Practice Squad:
    Worthington, Urbik, Grisham, Scott, Jolly, Dwyer, Cromartie-Smith, Sylvester

Notable Cuts:
    Battle, Summers, Hartwig

Re: My Final 53

no way bailey makes this team.

where is sylvester?

Quote Originally Posted by Eddie Spaghetti
    no way bailey makes this team.

where is sylvester?
    My bad. Sylvester to PS. Take Wright off the PS and put Sylvester on.

Corrected my post to show this.

i would swap battle for logan.
    sylvester for bailey
    mchugh for johnson
    drop sunny harris and keep dwyer

just my .02

Quote Originally Posted by Eddie Spaghetti
    i would swap battle for logan.
    sylvester for bailey
    mchugh for johnson
    drop sunny harris and keep dwyer

just my .02
    Logan has been a lot more visible in ST coverage than Battle, who has also been fairly invisible on offense. You've got to have someone who gets down the field to cover, especially if you let Madison go.

Sylvester has lots of potential, but doesn't look ready from what I saw Sunday night.
    For sure, he's got more upside than Bailey, but Bailey knows the position and is a good ST player. Again, you've got to keep some of your ST aces, unless you want ST's to suck even worse than they did last season.

McHugh is another player who has been pretty much invisible, but I thought Johnson looked fairly good in his opportunities.

Dwyer looked good Sunday night...against the second and third stringers. There's no need to put him on the active roster right now. Let him learn on the PS.

Sunny Harris was kind of a borderline selection to make the final 53. I don't feel that strongly about keeping him, but I also don't think Worthington is quite ready.

Benchwarmer

For the 100th flippin time!!!!! there is no need to waste a roster space on Batch!!!!

He is a phone call away. Nobody wanted him for the last 6 years, they sure as hell don't want him now!

Legend
    Brisbane, Queensland, Australia, Australia

One reason Arnaz Battle may make the roster- if Ward or Wallace go down he is the only WR at 6' or more on the roster.

Chadman predicts he stays.
    Schiavone's Race Career:

Starts- 9
    Wins- 1
    2nd- 4
    3rd- 0
    Other- 4

Prizemoney- $28,050.00

Quote Originally Posted by JPbucco
    For the 100th flippin time!!!!! there is no need to waste a roster space on Batch!!!!

He is a phone call away. Nobody wanted him for the last 6 years, they sure as hell don't want him now!

how can it be for the 100th flippin time when you only have 38 posts to date?

Quote Originally Posted by JPbucco
    He may be your opening day starter. Dixon's not ready, and Leftwich can't move.
    But you have to keep all three, because if Charlie gets so much as a glancing blow, he may be done.

Quote Originally Posted by Chadman
    One reason Arnaz Battle may make the roster- if Ward or Wallace go down he is the only WR at 6' or more on the roster.
    Is there some kind of rule that says you have to keep at least one WR over 6' tall?
    I mean, I guess we had Baker and Sweed the past couple of years...

As long as we have receivers who can get separation and catch the ball, I don't care if they're under 6' tall. We have Miller and Spaeth as tall targets if we need them.