Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I Know It Was Only a Preseason Game, But...

Legend

User Info Menu

I Know It Was Only a Preseason Game, But...

...our defense looks soft and slow. And our offense looks plenty discombobulated.

It was only a preseason game, but if it was, as Tomlin suggested, a dress rehearsal for the starters, then they'd better get themselves a new wardrobe 'cause they were lookin' pretty dang ugly.

Legend

User Info Menu

Re: I Know It Was Only a Preseason Game, But...

Quote Originally Posted by BradshawsHairdresser
    ...our defense looks soft and slow. And our offense looks plenty discombobulated.

It was only a preseason game, but if it was, as Tomlin suggested, a dress rehearsal for the starters, then they'd better get themselves a new wardrobe 'cause they were lookin' pretty dang ugly.

some good individual performances from guys like Dwyer and Timmons, but otherwise this game does not inspire me with confidence going into the season.
    Steel Maniac's Time-Based Prediction: Lamar Jackson will be a bust and total flop in the NFL.

What Actually Happened: Lamar Jackson became the youngest two-time NFL MVP winner ever.

Gloat gloat gloat

Boom........

My IT guy...
    Hahahahahahaha

Benchwarmer

User Info Menu

Meh.

Legend

User Info Menu

Just been saying for over a year. There is something schematically wrong with the defense. People can bury their heads in the sand all the want but we can't stop people dinking and dunking and driving down the field.
    "My team, may they always be right, but right or wrong...MY TEAM!"

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Oviedo

Just been saying for over a year. There is something schematically wrong with the defense. People can bury their heads in the sand all the want but we can't stop people dinking and dunking and driving down the field.

I couldn't tune in, but my cousin kept texting me b!tchin about the "Lebeau 10 yard cushion" Lewis was playing. All I could think of was Oviedo.
    http://i371.photobucket.com/albums/oo156/shiek2134/SHIEK.jpg?t=1299014285

Legend

User Info Menu

That 10 yard cushion has been there for years. I have always hated it, but it's the scheme in place. The backbone of this D is the LB. If they get pressure the safety and CBs look like heros.

Never could figure out why the CB press doesn't give the LBs more time to get in there - which is just the reverse of LBs making the CBs look good if they get pressure. If a QB sees a respectable coverage from a CB he might have to check down, giving the LBs more time.

Just my Monday AM coach observation, that I have had for years, and don't get still, and hate when it isn't addressed, and want to see the adjustment.......
    Steel City Mafia
    So Cal Boss (Ret)
    [URL]http://www.anewsong.com[/URL]

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

I thought that our offense looked scary bad without Big Ben in there.
    go to [URL]http://www.thebreastcancersite.com[/URL] to donate a free mammogram a day to women without health insurance.

Starter

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Djfan
    That 10 yard cushion has been there for years. I have always hated it, but it's the scheme in place. The backbone of this D is the LB. If they get pressure the safety and CBs look like heros.

Never could figure out why the CB press doesn't give the LBs more time to get in there - which is just the reverse of LBs making the CBs look good if they get pressure. If a QB sees a respectable coverage from a CB he might have to check down, giving the LBs more time.

Just my Monday AM coach observation, that I have had for years, and don't get still, and hate when it isn't addressed, and want to see the adjustment.......
    Because if LBs fail to get there under the current scheme we typically are not giving up back breaking plays. If LBs fail to get there and the CB gets beat then faggedaboudit.

Legend

User Info Menu

Have yet to be convinced that Foot/Farrior can keep up with current 1st stringers in the NFL anymore.

If they can't, I don't see a happy ending.

We got our "6-PACK" - time to work on a CASE!

HERE WE GO STEELERS, HERE WE GO!

Rookie

User Info Menu

You forgot to mention our very "special" teams.