Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Denver Game - Random Thoughts and Observations

Legend

User Info Menu

Re: Denver Game - Random Thoughts and Observations

The offense is still frustrating in red zone.
    And it will be as long as Matt Speath is on the field.

Backup

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by StarSpangledSteeler
    Quote Originally Posted by plainnasty
    I don't think Dwyer makes the 53 man roster, but he may have at least secured an invite to the practice squad. He needs a redshirt year anyways.

The thin air didn't seem to help our kickers.

I would be more comfortable going into the season with Logan as the returning, but I don't see the numbers working out that way.

I am still waiting for Spaeth to either make a block or pick up a yard after a catch.

I think that Grisham would produce if given the chance, but he won't get it.

I thought that Sylvester played himself off of the 53 and onto the practice squad.

I would expect that 5 of these players will be released tomorrow: Jolly, Pitman, Wright, McLendon, Bright, Brooks or A. Jones
    Gloom and doom for you huh? I'd like to see your 53, because i bet you have some washed up vets on there.

I think Sly is on the final 53.
    Sounds like a challenge

Starter

User Info Menu

1) Pouncey looks like a 3-year pro. His blitz pick up awareness is superb. And he seems to be locking onto his defender well with good technique (without holding).

2) Antonio Brown actually looks like a promising receiver (returns aside).

3) Wallace is not just speed. He has good hands as well.

4) At some point, Arians has to be fired. Or take away his short yardage play calling privileges.

5) This was a valuable learning experience for Dixon. I don't think he outright sucks. I just think he needs a lot of work on his reads and decision making. He did run the ball well though.

6) Part of the reason Hills is doing so well is his hands. He's really locking up those DE's when he can. Then punching on occasion to keep them off balance.

7) Troy, Ike, and Timmons look really really fast out there.

It will be up to our defense to get us to 2-2 without Ben.

9) I liked the QB snap distribution tonight.

10) Kemo might be our worst OL right now. Unless it's a vanilla run left side play, he really struggles.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

All those folks who are so sour on Dixon...you have been spoiled by the unearthly success of a rookie Big Ben.

That was a HUGE exception not the rule.

Remember how the Titans took a rather cautious/measured approach with Steve McNair?

That turned out rather well for them...I would suggest that most QB's take 2-3 seasons before they start to "get" it.

I am not suggesting that Dixon is McNair...I am just saying...making a call now is just a bit premature.

brothervad

Legend

User Info Menu

RE: summers

on dwyer's TD, he missed the block on the guy who almost tackled JD in the backfield

Benchwarmer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by StarSpangledSteeler
    1) Pouncey looks like a 3-year pro. His blitz pick up awareness is superb. And he seems to be locking onto his defender well with good technique (without holding).

2) Antonio Brown actually looks like a promising receiver (returns aside).

3) Wallace is not just speed. He has good hands as well.

4) At some point, Arians has to be fired. Or take away his short yardage play calling privileges.

5) This was a valuable learning experience for Dixon. I don't think he outright sucks. I just think he needs a lot of work on his reads and decision making. He did run the ball well though.

6) Part of the reason Hills is doing so well is his hands. He's really locking up those DE's when he can. Then punching on occasion to keep them off balance.

7) Troy, Ike, and Timmons look really really fast out there.

It will be up to our defense to get us to 2-2 without Ben.

9) I liked the QB snap distribution tonight.

10) Kemo might be our worst OL right now. Unless it's a vanilla run left side play, he really struggles.
    Good post. Kemo is bad. I dont know if he is dumb or doesnt like football or just outclassed but with Hartwing out, He was the one getting pushed back constantly. Hartwig probably should be cut. He was whiffing his blocks against the Broncos back-ups. I think he's butt hurt a rookie outplayed him in every apect of his game.

Pouncy is a monster and might be our best lineman by mid-seadon. Which is great and kinda sad at the same time.

Timmons needs to stay healthy, hes a future pro-bowler.

If Arians calls a pitch out, bootleg or whatever retarded play, for one lousy yard, Tomlin needs to punch his face.

KO coverage still suspect.

Is Keenan Lewis too much of a hot head? I remember Ike was a big time hothead when he came in the league. He turned out all right.

I think this team needs Ben. Hes damn good. No one tell him that though. We need his head straight, damnit.

Larry foote. He doesnt look good. Hes bad on ST. He looks slow too. He has not had a good pre-season.

I was kinda bummed with Sanders performance, He didnt really go after the balls thrown to him.

Logan wants a job. He made a Great tackle on ST. I think theres something good with Brown though He really had bad blocking on his returns. I think he's a keeper over Logan in the bigger picture though.

Starter

User Info Menu

sorry i know this is lazy i didn't bother reading the others....

i was there for warm ups and sep was putting kick offs into the endzone, i dont understand why its so hard gametime

ben makes our offense work, moore shouldve had a touchdown catch

tv does not do wallace justice...you have to be there to fully comprehend the speed

pouncey is a man beast

never realized how average kemo is

dwyer looked pretty good (against 3rd stringers)

dixon needs to throw the ball away

i know dixon can run but the 4th and short call made me want to hit someone

batch is not as fragile as i thought

logan may be small but he made a nice tackle

back up safties gave tebow huge throwing lanes

special teams still worries me

overall i think pouncey impressed all tonight...hartwig is on the trade block
    we looked bad tonight, but hopefully its just preseason
    1. CB – Marcus Peters – Washington – 6/190
    2. OG – Josue Matias – Florida State – 6-6/320
    3. OLB – Geneo Grissom – Oklahoma – 6-4/250
    4. DL – Ellis McCarthy – UCLA – 6-5/330
    5. TE – Jeff Heurman – Ohio State – 6-5/255
    6. FS – Adrian Amos – Penn State – 6/200
    7. DT – Terry Williams – East Carolina – 6-1/340

UDFA
    DB – Justin Cox – Mississippi St. – 6-2/190
    OLB – Davis Tull – Chattanooga – 6-2/242

Benchwarmer

User Info Menu

I have no idea what to make of last nights game. But, this one stunned me.

I was in a store picking up some goodies for the game and the Steeler pre-game show was on in the background loud and clear. For a good 20 minutes all the guys talked about was how Sep was kicking the living crap out of the ball practicing KO's. I mean they were estatic, laughing as he [according to them] pounded kick after kick out of the endzone. One guy said well there was some wind, but then he turned around and did the same thing in the other direction. I was smiling.

Then the game started. Sep teed the thing up. I was still smiling. Good pin these ______'s down at the 20. Give them some of their own medicine. Then, WTF --a fizzer. Ok stuff like that happens. Then KO #2. I'm thinking. Put this_______in the stands back of the end zone. Then, WTF---a blooper. Go figure!

You know, that has to be the biggest home field advantage in the entire NFL. Their kicking game probably wins them more games than anyone could imagine. They get out of trouble when pinned down deep in their own territory with booming punts, rarely does anyone get great field position to start drives. Sure, both teams have the same opportunity. Right, but the slight difference is they practice this daily year in year out. Like I said this is probably the most lopsided home field advantage in the entire NFL.

Now I have often wondered why this league has never thought to suggest maybe these clowns should have a domed stadium. Denver weather isn't exactly like Palm Springs California year round now. Is it? What I'm saying is would it be possible to regulate the air situation in an enclosed stadium. I don't know? I was just wondering. Any scientists, or engineers or anybody that knows about stuff like that.

Starter

User Info Menu

--> Saw some rare efficient running between the tackles by Mendy. Could this be the Pouncey factor?

--> Suprised to see CB blitzes by Ike in preseason. Maybe its just one more thing for offenses to prepare for and think about.

--> Even though it may not be this year, I still feel Dwyer will be a goood RB in this league.

--> As another poster already stated, Sanders needs to be more aggressive but Dixon hopefully will learn to freeze safeties and DB's better by looking off. Right now the DB's seem to be sitting on the routes.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by 1st and Goal--
    I have no idea what to make of last nights game. But, this one stunned me.

I was in a store picking up some goodies for the game and the Steeler pre-game show was on in the background loud and clear. For a good 20 minutes all the guys talked about was how Sep was kicking the living crap out of the ball practicing KO's. I mean they were estatic, laughing as he [according to them] pounded kick after kick out of the endzone. One guy said well there was some wind, but then he turned around and did the same thing in the other direction. I was smiling.

Then the game started. Sep teed the thing up. I was still smiling. Good pin these ______'s down at the 20. Give them some of their own medicine. Then, WTF --a fizzer. Ok stuff like that happens. Then KO #2. I'm thinking. Put this_______in the stands back of the end zone. Then, WTF---a blooper. Go figure!

You know, that has to be the biggest home field advantage in the entire NFL. Their kicking game probably wins them more games than anyone could imagine. They get out of trouble when pinned down deep in their own territory with booming punts, rarely does anyone get great field position to start drives. Sure, both teams have the same opportunity. Right, but the slight difference is they practice this daily year in year out. Like I said this is probably the most lopsided home field advantage in the entire NFL.

Now I have often wondered why this league has never thought to suggest maybe these clowns should have a domed stadium. Denver weather isn't exactly like Palm Springs California year round now. Is it? What I'm saying is would it be possible to regulate the air situation in an enclosed stadium. I don't know? I was just wondering. Any scientists, or engineers or anybody that knows about stuff like that.
    They would have to put a tight seal on the dome and pressurize the entire interior air space. That would require the worlds largest air handler ever.
    http://i177.photobucket.com/albums/w226/angryasian07/SIGNATURES/DOS2.jpg
    Crush your enemies, see them driven before you, hear the lamentations of their women.