Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Denver Game - Random Thoughts and Observations

Pro Bowler

Re: Denver Game - Random Thoughts and Observations

A friend of mine played basketball for a very short time at University of Denver and his sickle cell trait acted up and he couldn't play there either and they said at the time that it was the altitude.
    http://i177.photobucket.com/albums/w...asian07/RJ.jpg[/quote]

go to http://www.thebreastcancersite.com to donate a free mammogram a day to women without health insurance.

Huge thanks to AA for all the help with the signature.

The highlight of the night for the Steelers was the end of the game.
    PLEASE DON'T FEED THE TROLLS

Backup

Quote Originally Posted by DukieBoy
    The highlight of the night for the Steelers was the end of the game.
    Can't have been a fun flight home though.

My highlight? Seeing Brady Quinn get sacked. Tickled my funny bone for some reason.

Legend

These would be mistakes:

1. It would be a huge mistake to cut Brown and keep Logan. Brown will be fine with returns and he looks like a potentially great receiver. So quick!!! If Brown hasn't made this roster then I don't know what a player has to do.

2. It would be a mistake to cut Dwyer and keep Summers. Dwyer showed what he could do if he develops and gets a chance. After last night no way a team desperate for RB depth doesn't grab him.

3. It would be a mistake to start Dixon. He looked very ordinary. I'm all for having him with specific packages but we saw the type of mistakes that we can't afford while Ben is out. Experience and Lefty get the starting job.

4. It would be a huge mistake for anyone to continue to criticize Timmons. He was the best LB on the field last night by a country mile. When he comes on an inside blitz he is unstoppable. His side to side range and closing speed is amazing. Just put away the standard playbook of criticisms and realize once and for all we have a LB who is only 24 years old and is on the verge of being a star.

5. It would be a mistake not to start Pouncey for the next 10 years. It would also be a mistake not to use the next game to look at Foster and Urbik at RG in place of Essex. Urbik got in late last night and looked good again.

Just some random thoughts:

-Redman has proven me wrong. He can be serviceable and congrats to him for his hard work. However, I'm terrified if Mendy gets hurt.
    -Sorry, still don't see the Legursky love but I'm no OL expert so I may be missing something.
    -Throw the ball to Spaeth more. He always seems to be open.
    Playing Fantasy Football does not qualify you to be the in the front office or on the coaching staff of the Pittsburgh Steelers. They are professionals and you are not!

Legend

Quote Originally Posted by brothervad
    All those folks who are so sour on Dixon...you have been spoiled by the unearthly success of a rookie Big Ben.

That was a HUGE exception not the rule.

Remember how the Titans took a rather cautious/measured approach with Steve McNair?

That turned out rather well for them...I would suggest that most QB's take 2-3 seasons before they start to "get" it.

I am not suggesting that Dixon is McNair...I am just saying...making a call now is just a bit premature.

brothervad
    Dixon is not the future of this team. We need someone for 4 games while our franchise QB is out and he showed last night that he's simply not the guy.

Three words describe my reaction to the game: DISAPPOINTMENT, DISAPPOINTMENT, DISAPPOINTMENT.

Officiating was unbelieveably bad. For example when Farrion got hurt, the Denver man was on his back. How is that not called??? There were numerous uncalled incidents of illegal contact that were not called, and the play where Harrison almost killed the Denver QB, should have been blown dead right away.

OL. The absolute worst of the worst was Essex; but he was consistent in that he stunk up the place in both run and pass blocking. Can Foster or Legursky really be worse??? Kemo has retrogressed; and our bookend tackles, well, consecutive false starts pretty much says it all. It is frustrating to see the OTs, especially Hotel, getting beat without even throwing a punch. Pouncey shined, but in doing so he illustrated the weaknesses of his linemates.

DBs. Troy took many bad angles. Keenan Lewis, well he needs to leave the pouting and thuggishness at home. A DB cannot have a memory.

RBs. Dwyer showed flashes, but he is sooooooo out of shape. Summers? Bye!

QBs. Dixon pressed, and did not let the game come to him. Leftwich was eh, as was Ben.

OC. That call for the bootleg by Dixon with a yard or two to go almost cost me a flatscreen. What happened to Legursky in the backfield and strap 'em up???

I'm seeing 4 and 12 without some changes and improvements.

Legend

Quote Originally Posted by Stewie
    Three words describe my reaction to the game: DISAPPOINTMENT, DISAPPOINTMENT, DISAPPOINTMENT.

Officiating was unbelieveably bad. For example when Farrion got hurt, the Denver man was on his back. How is that not called??? There were numerous uncalled incidents of illegal contact that were not called, and the play where Harrison almost killed the Denver QB, should have been blown dead right away.

OL. The absolute worst of the worst was Essex; but he was consistent in that he stunk up the place in both run and pass blocking. Can Foster or Legursky really be worse??? Kemo has retrogressed; and our bookend tackles, well, consecutive false starts pretty much says it all. It is frustrating to see the OTs, especially Hotel, getting beat without even throwing a punch. Pouncey shined, but in doing so he illustrated the weaknesses of his linemates.

DBs. Troy took many bad angles. Keenan Lewis, well he needs to leave the pouting and thuggishness at home. A DB cannot have a memory.

QBs. Dixon pressed, and did not let the game come to him. Leftwich was eh, as was Ben.

OC. That call for the bootleg by Dixon with a yard or two to go almost cost me a flatscreen. What happened to Legursky in the backfield and strap 'em up???

Over reaction post of the day...congrats on nailing that down early!

Quote Originally Posted by stlrz d

Over reaction post of the day...congrats on nailing that down early!
    I hope so, but we'll see. I see 4-5 losses in the Division (we had 4 last year), and high probability losses to Atlanta, Titans, Patriots, Saints and Jets. Up in the air: Bills, Panthers and Dolphins. I am counting heavily on whipping Tampa Bay to the bone.

Legend

Very cool...I guess we will be able to finally get that great OT that everyone wants.

I think you need to put down the half empty glass. It was a preseason game not the end of the world.
    Playing Fantasy Football does not qualify you to be the in the front office or on the coaching staff of the Pittsburgh Steelers. They are professionals and you are not!

Pro Bowler

Quote Originally Posted by Shawn
    Quote Originally Posted by Chadman
    Did Dwyer just earn himself another look on the roster?

Quite possibly.

Dixon did what Chadman expected- some good, some bad. He's the #3 QB on the team. Leftwich was brought in to hold the spot until Ben is back. Leftwich is Batch Mark 2. He doesn't have to be great- just servicable.

The OL...hmm....starting to think that Essex should go & just let Foster play. Can't be much worse. Adams will make the team, Max & Kemo hopefully pull their head out & do 'something' on the left. Waiting for the Kugs effect to take place...

Defense is playing very vanilla. Not too worried at this stage. Timmons looks ready...
    I would like to see Dwyer stay and Summers go.
    I'd like to see them both go. They need to learn how to block before they get their QB killed......of course the same can be said for Adams and Essex.

On the plus side, Pouncey looked great.