Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Your most wrong about ever? Current most committed decision

Legend

User Info Menu

Re: Your most wrong about ever? Current most committed decision

I didn't want the Steelers to draft Heath Miller in the first round. I was convinced that they'd never throw to the TE, and that his skills would be wasted as he was turned into Mark Bruener, Part II.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

I thought Kemoeautu and Sweed would both be great. Still hoping I turn out to be right on Kemo, though.

Oh, and I was convinced that drafting Timmons and Woodley were both big mistakes. Glad I was wrong about that.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

I like how Oviedo turns it into what he almost was wrong about, but thinks he's still dead on right about. lol You crack me up dude.

Nothing about Redman, who by now, you would have bagging groceries, not making the team.

Pride is one of the 7 deadly sins you guys. And everyone here is wrong...alot for 1 thing or the other.

For this current team, I don't regret too much I've said. I'm maybe more confident (though technically not confident) than I should be about the OL. I'm only really worried about Adams. I still think Colon with a torn achilles is better than him.

Gotta say, Dwyer should me a bit more yesterday than I've given him credit for. But since its 4th string defense, I'll keep it tempered and hope he gets a PS spot to see him next year.

Its clearly a Redman - Dwyer battle for the next couple years unless neither steps up. Clearly Redman is way ahead (which he should be in his second camp), but Dwyer could pressure him next camp.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by aggiebones
    I like how Oviedo turns it into what he almost was wrong about, but thinks he's still dead on right about. lol You crack me up dude.

Nothing about Redman, who by now, you would have bagging groceries, not making the team.

Pride is one of the 7 deadly sins you guys. And everyone here is wrong...alot for 1 thing or the other.

For this current team, I don't regret too much I've said. I'm maybe more confident (though technically not confident) than I should be about the OL. I'm only really worried about Adams. I still think Colon with a torn achilles is better than him.

Gotta say, Dwyer should me a bit more yesterday than I've given him credit for. But since its 4th string defense, I'll keep it tempered and hope he gets a PS spot to see him next year.

Its clearly a Redman - Dwyer battle for the next couple years unless neither steps up. Clearly Redman is way ahead (which he should be in his second camp), but Dwyer could pressure him next camp.
    Glad to bring a smile to your face on a Monday morning.
    "My team, may they always be right, but right or wrong...MY TEAM!"

Starter

User Info Menu

I thought Dixon was going to play great last night.

How'd I do?

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Gotta say, I didn't think Dixon was really ready after watching the last Baltimore game, but I was shock last night. Though I think he made some strides. He clearly understands that he should be looking to find a WR when he rolls out and not just tuck and run. But the decisions he made in that situation were smelly to say the least. He also threw some balls horribly off target. One was 4 yards behind a guy. Not sure if that was he or the WR.

And I like that after he almost threw a pick for a TD, they went right back to that play to make sure he did it. I had just told my wife that he is going to throw a pick for a TD very soon. I think its good that he found bottom last night. Hopefully he can stomach the film room and grow. I'm not sure I'm happy with them experimenting with our QB situation last night, but it certainly confirms that there is no QB debate for 4 games.
    Hopefully they can sprinkle in 10 plays a game for him and he can learn in small doses from here on, while subbing out Lefty a bit.

Legend

User Info Menu

I thought we were gonna win the SuperBowl last year.

We're gonna win the SuperBowl this year.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

I couldn't believe we traded up in the draft and took Santonio Holmes over Chad Jackson. I just knew Jackson was going to light it up for the hated *'s.

I knew the center position was the weakest on the team but I thought we missed our chance for the next Webby/Dirt last year in the draft. Based on what I had heard I didn't think Pouncey would be that good. Damn, was I wrong. He might be the best lineman we have on the team already.

Redmen has Rocky Blier star type qualities. You tell the guy what you want him to do and he just goes and does it. I would feel comfortable with him as the starter ... not as comfortable as when Mendy starts though.
    As many on this site think ... The Rooney's suck, Colbert sucks, Tomlin sucks, the coaches suck, and the players suck.

but Go Steelers!!!

Starter

User Info Menu

I thought the LB Davis was going to be the real deal. And then there is Limas Sweed, Donovan Woods, the last thre or four tall receivers we had in camp that never made the cut.

My latest would be Dwyer although I think he will still make it in this league.