Rd 4: Derron Smith - S
    Rd 5: Henry Anderson - DE
    Rd 6: Wes Saxton - TE
    Rd 7: Deon Simon - DT

Legend

User Info Menu

Re: My Friend Passed Away.

F Death!!!

I'm sure he knew how much he meant to you and that's why he treated you so kindly. We're our own harshest critics because we know every little detail about ourselves. But don't be harsh on yourself, I'm sure John only remembered and saw the good in you. And that's why you were great friends.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Thanks guys and I really mean that. The viewing yesterday and funeral was tough and especially on his wife and grandchildren. I never seen so many people cry at a funeral as I did this one. Before I said anything his wife she hugged me as I walked in and told me she wanted me to know that John knew I loved him. I couldn't believe it, she was reading my mind because I was just getting ready to ask her if John knew.

You guys all said great things to me and flippy, you nailed it about we know our own details and it's hard to look or face them at times.

You didn't snag that from a Clint Eastwood movie did ya ?

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

My apologies for your loss, FEZZ. I learned this lesson young when my older brother got killed in a car accident when I was 16. There were so many things that were left unsaid, and like all siblings at that age, turbulence was often the tempo of the interaction rather than harmony. That is why to this date, I don't hesitate to let the people that I truly care about know exactly what they mean to me. My bestest buds (men) often end our conversations over the phone with a "Love you, bro." True friendship a commodity often
    underscored and it is a shame... but through my experience, sentiments that are often felt between men are often the stuff that brotherhood is forged through, thus they are not singularly felt from one side. So what I'm trying to say is that your friend I'm sure knew your heartfelt emotions and I'm sure valued them, even though they were not voiced as often as you would of liked.... and remember... the fact that you still feel this kinship for your departed friend, means your friend will never die, because he'll always live through you and the memories you both shared as brothers.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by AngryAsian
    My apologies for your loss, FEZZ. I learned this lesson young when my older brother got killed in a car accident when I was 16. There were so many things that were left unsaid, and like all siblings at that age, turbulence was often the tempo of the interaction rather than harmony. That is why to this date, I don't hesitate to let the people that I truly care about know exactly what they mean to me. My bestest buds (men) often end our conversations over the phone with a "Love you, bro." True friendship a commodity often
    underscored and it is a shame... but through my experience, sentiments that are often felt between men are often the stuff that brotherhood is forged through, thus they are not singularly felt from one side. So what I'm trying to say is that your friend I'm sure knew your heartfelt emotions and I'm sure valued them, even though they were not voiced as often as you would of liked.... and remember... the fact that you still feel this kinship for your departed friend, means your friend will never die, because he'll always live through you and the memories you both shared as brothers.
    That's a good way to deal with your relationships. My friend of 27 years and I both were close to Tony. When we get together we both know it could be the last time we see each other. We interact accordingly. I have no issues with telling my friend I love him nor him to me. While that might make some red blooded meat eating males a little uncomfortable we both know how special true friends are. I'm very sorry to hear about your brother and I know you still miss him.
    Trolls are people too.