Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: For whom does the bell toll on Tuesday???

Backup

User Info Menu

For whom does the bell toll on Tuesday???

I say that the Turk will visit: Pittman (DB), Renkart (LB), Williams (LB), Jolly (OT), and McLendon (DT).

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Re: For whom does the bell toll on Tuesday???

If Pouncey plays a great game on Sunday and they don't have a need or fit for Hartwig, then why not show the man some respect and waive him so he can possibly land with another team...
    ours is not to wonder why just invert and multiply...

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

I see Vincent gone along with Paxton . Logan eventually.

Starter

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by costanza2k1
    If Pouncey plays a great game on Sunday and they don't have a need or fit for Hartwig, then why not show the man some respect and waive him so he can possibly land with another team...
    try and trade him first...i know he isnt great but he has to have some value....draft pick
    1. CB – Marcus Peters – Washington – 6/190
    2. OG – Josue Matias – Florida State – 6-6/320
    3. OLB – Geneo Grissom – Oklahoma – 6-4/250
    4. DL – Ellis McCarthy – UCLA – 6-5/330
    5. TE – Jeff Heurman – Ohio State – 6-5/255
    6. FS – Adrian Amos – Penn State – 6/200
    7. DT – Terry Williams – East Carolina – 6-1/340

UDFA
    DB – Justin Cox – Mississippi St. – 6-2/190
    OLB – Davis Tull – Chattanooga – 6-2/242

Backup

User Info Menu

All for the trade idea. Speaking of trades, I wonder if teams put clauses in trade contracts to restrict another team from getting a player. I would, for example, hate to see say Dixon on a division rival.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Stewie
    All for the trade idea. Speaking of trades, I wonder if teams put clauses in trade contracts to restrict another team from getting a player. I would, for example, hate to see say Dixon on a division rival.
    The Packers put the trade restriction for Favre when they traded him to the Jets. The Jets would have owed the Packers something like 2 first round picks if they turned around and traded him to the Vikings. A lot of good that did, though, since he was free to sign in Minnesota himself when the Jets released him after one season there.
    Steeler teams featuring stat-driven, me-first, fantasy-football-darling diva types such as Antonio Brown & Le'Veon Bell won no championships.

Super Bowl winning Steeler teams were built around a dynamic, in-your-face defense plus blue-collar, hard-hitting, no-nonsense football players on offense such as Hines Ward & Jerome Bettis.

We don't want Juju & Conner to replace what we lost in Brown & Bell.

We are counting on Juju & Conner to return us to the glory we once had with Hines & The Bus.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

On of these 3 will be gone....Urbik, Scott, Hills. I am betting Urbik!

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by steelerkeylargo
    On of these 3 will be gone....Urbik, Scott, Hills. I am betting Urbik!
    I agree that one of those 3 will be gone, but I doubt it will be at the first cutdown, since I think we only have to drop 5 guys total after the Broncos game. If they do cut an OL after this game, I think it will be Jolly. As for final cuts, I think they might hold onto Urbik, even though he hasn't shown all that much in 2 camps, simply because of the example set by Hills, who didn't show much in 3 camps until blossoming somewhat this year. The coaches saw something in Hills that we didn't, which deemed him worthy of being kept around longer than us armchair GM's would have. They may feel the same about Urbik (or I may be totally wrong and they consider him to be another Bruce Davis 3rd round swing-and-a-miss). I'd guess that, of those three, Scott goes. Keep Legursky (C/G), Foster (G/T), Hills (T/G), and Urbik (G/C) as our backups to Starks, Kemoeatu, Pouncey, Essex, and Adams. See if they can trade Hartwig, cut Adrian Jones, and stash Dorian Brooks on the practice squad.
    Steeler teams featuring stat-driven, me-first, fantasy-football-darling diva types such as Antonio Brown & Le'Veon Bell won no championships.

Super Bowl winning Steeler teams were built around a dynamic, in-your-face defense plus blue-collar, hard-hitting, no-nonsense football players on offense such as Hines Ward & Jerome Bettis.

We don't want Juju & Conner to replace what we lost in Brown & Bell.

We are counting on Juju & Conner to return us to the glory we once had with Hines & The Bus.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

I don't think you see Hills, Scott, or Urbik go yet. But I do think Hills & Scott make the team and Urbik won't make the 53. I was hoping for better. Perhaps the PS. But with Adams play and the fact that Hills is playing like the best 2nd teamer...I think he sticks around.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Maybe they cut Hartwig so he'll have a little more time to catch on elsewhere?
    go to [URL]http://www.thebreastcancersite.com[/URL] to donate a free mammogram a day to women without health insurance.