Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: When D*ck LeBeau retires ...

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Re: When D*ck LeBeau retires ...

Quote Originally Posted by SanAntonioSteelerFan
    Has anyone heard any speculation?
    I think the Steelers wanted Mike Tomlin to learn as much as he could from Coach LeBeau - so that whomever they use as Def. Coordinator will have Tomlin to guide them.

I sure LeBeau will also stay on as a consultant - should they need him.

Basically Tomlin will be in charge of the Defense and pass it forward to any new coordinators as they come up through the system.

Also will someone tell Rod Woodson it's time to report to the sidelines as a secondary coach...so he can start his career as a coach.....it's time!

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Lonbull
    Quote Originally Posted by SanAntonioSteelerFan
    Has anyone heard any speculation?
    I think the Steelers wanted Mike Tomlin to learn as much as he could from Coach LeBeau - so that whomever they use as Def. Coordinator will have Tomlin to guide them.

I sure LeBeau will also stay on as a consultant - should they need him.

Basically Tomlin will be in charge of the Defense and pass it forward to any new coordinators as they come up through the system.

Also will someone tell Rod Woodson it's time to report to the sidelines as a secondary coach...so he can start his career as a coach.....it's time!

The problem is that the secondary he's coaching (consulting) is that of the Bengals!

Why could we not just call Mr. LeBeau his given name of Richard?

Rookie

User Info Menu

Butler had a coaching relationship with Tomlin prior to Tomlin becoming HC of the Steelers...I would imagine that relationship along with Butler's experience with the Steelers...as well as Tomlin's love of continuity...will give him the inside track...
    Actually, my post was NOT about you...but, if the shoe fits, feel free to lace that &!+€# up and wear it.