Thread: It was 20 years ago today...we lost SRV

Backup

It was 20 years ago today...we lost SRV

Hard to believe, but 20 years ago today Stevie Ray Vaughan played his last show and took that fateful helicopter ride in the fog. I plan on pulling out my copy of that show later tonight and listening to the 14 minute "Sweet Home Chicago" jam. Stlrzd - you were at that show, weren't you? I'd love to hear your story again. RIP SRV.
    "The only thing decent about the seventies was the Pittsburgh Steelers and their four Super Bowls." - Rush Limbaugh

Mach Five - your all-Steelers fan band!
    http://www.machfive.us

Hall of Famer

Re: It was 20 years ago today...we lost SRV

He was one of those artists where every song was good. The helicopter crash was a Cold Shot.
    http://i177.photobucket.com/albums/w226/angryasian07/SIGNATURES/DOS2.jpg
    Crush your enemies, see them driven before you, hear the lamentations of their women.

Starter

Quote Originally Posted by Discipline of Steel
    The helicopter crash was a Cold Shot.

RIP Stevie Ray...anyone see the Austin City Limits performance? Is that a local show? SASF?

[youtube:22qddx4j]NF-7bmkYmvY[/youtube:22qddx4j]

Legend

Quote Originally Posted by ColumbusSteelerFan
    Hard to believe, but 20 years ago today Stevie Ray Vaughan played his last show and took that fateful helicopter ride in the fog. I plan on pulling out my copy of that show later tonight and listening to the 14 minute "Sweet Home Chicago" jam. Stlrzd - you were at that show, weren't you? I'd love to hear your story again. RIP SRV.
    Yes I was at that show. Good memory, CSF. Still have the ticket stub. It was a tremendous show by all the artists there. Clapton, Cray, Buddy Guy, Jimmie Lee Vaughan. That last jam was incredible as every guitar player took a solo.

RIP Stevie. Still missing you and there will never be another like you.

[youtube:27rri6h3]gAv5ZuuSxSI?fs[/youtube:27rri6h3]

So sad that his life and his gift were both cut short. He wrote this song for his good friend Charlie Wirz after his untimely passing. Charlie made the guitar Stevie's playing on this song. I think it's appropriate for Stevie's untimely passing too.

That beautiful, magnificent, out-of-this-world guitar playing brings tears to my eyes, sends a chill up my spine, gives me goosebumps and puts a lump in my throat. There will never be another one quite like him.