Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Good thing for Lima.

Legend

User Info Menu

Re: Good thing for Lima.

Quote Originally Posted by feltdizz
    It's over.... Sweed is done. The new breed of Texas Longhorns are mentally fragile. I read a yahoo blog that sad Colt McCoy is on the bubble in Cleveland and may get cut. I'm curious to see how that Holmes kid does that everyone was hoping for on D in the first round.
    Does that make him a Lima has bean?

We got our "6-PACK" - time to work on a CASE!

HERE WE GO STEELERS, HERE WE GO!

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Limas has one more contract year with the Steelers. He had a strong spring this year. The injury was a misfortune. He knows the offense. If he works hard he could come back strong and maybe contribute here. In any case, I'd like to seem him get redemption, if not with the Steelers then elsewhere. He's a good solid kid whose had some tough times.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by SanAntonioSteelerFan
    Quote Originally Posted by feltdizz
    It's over.... Sweed is done. The new breed of Texas Longhorns are mentally fragile. I read a yahoo blog that sad Colt McCoy is on the bubble in Cleveland and may get cut. I'm curious to see how that Holmes kid does that everyone was hoping for on D in the first round.
    Does that make him a Lima has bean?

Legend

User Info Menu

I can't see any team wanting him. If he proves that he is worth any opportunity, my guess is that he gets a much lower paycheck and sticks here as a role player. If not, it's off to arena league for him.
    Steel City Mafia
    So Cal Boss (Ret)
    [URL]http://www.anewsong.com[/URL]

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Djfan
    I can't see any team wanting him. If he proves that he is worth any opportunity, my guess is that he gets a much lower paycheck and sticks here as a role player. If not, it's off to arena league for him.

The arena league would like their receivers to actually catch a ball. Lima acts like the ball is a hot potatoe. I guess beans and potatoes don't go together.

I do have a question, when these guys are injured such as Lima, are they allowed to be at the workouts, team functions, classes ?

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by fezziwig
    Quote Originally Posted by Djfan

The arena league would like their receivers to actually catch a ball. Lima acts like the ball is a hot potatoe. I guess beans and potatoes don't go together.

I do have a question, when these guys are injured such as Lima, are they allowed to be at the workouts, team functions, classes ?
    Willie Colon has the same injury as Sweed (Achilles) and it seems like a see Colon all over the place, driving to Latrobe with Ben in the Mini Cooper, helping out with Hotel with the adjustment to RT, etc.
    Steeler teams featuring stat-driven, me-first, fantasy-football-darling diva types such as Antonio Brown & Le'Veon Bell won no championships.

Super Bowl winning Steeler teams were built around a dynamic, in-your-face defense plus blue-collar, hard-hitting, no-nonsense football players on offense such as Hines Ward & Jerome Bettis.

We don't want Juju & Conner to replace what we lost in Brown & Bell.

We are counting on Juju & Conner to return us to the glory we once had with Hines & The Bus.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Thanks for the feedback