Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: The Pittsburgh Steelers: 2010 - 2014

Hall of Famer Mister Pittsburgh's Avatar

Re: The Pittsburgh Steelers: 2010 - 2014

This dude is in camp. 6'4" 220lbs. Maybe we can throw some fades to him in the red zone instead of to our smallest WR, Hines and Randle El.

http://www.steelersdepot.com/2010/02/ex ... on-london/

Videos below interview.
    @_Hellgrammite

Quote Originally Posted by Notleadpoisoned
    There won't even be any more football after 12-20-2012 anyhow so why are you even bothering to look so far ahead?
    The league will likely go to 18 games. That will definitely reduce the chances of there being a lockout.

Hall of Famer

if we can find an OT that can do what pouncey has done for us this year, then it improves the running and passing game.

that said, the drat looks like a great year for WRs. the top 3 or so prospects are like 6'4. even if wallace continues his growth, i think there's room to fit someone like that on the team. makes sanders a hell of a 3rd wr/slot guy

of course, if we're just gonna let a #1 pick receiver play out his rookie contract and let him walk like we have the past 2 times...take an OT instead

Quote Originally Posted by skyhawk
    There won't even be any more football after 12-20-2012 anyhow so why are you even bothering to look so far ahead?
    The league will likely go to 18 games. That will definitely reduce the chances of there being a lockout.
    Let's hope not. I really think that is just a ploy by Goodell. He can cave to the players on the 18 games and ask them to cave on other things that they want.

Quote Originally Posted by Sugar
    Quote Originally Posted by skyhawk
    Let's hope not. I really think that is just a ploy by Goodell. He can cave to the players on the 18 games and ask them to cave on other things that they want.
    Might be. But Goodell gets EVERYTHING he wants. So far he's batting about 100.

I realize that a lockout seems all but inevitable at the moment, but I'll ignore it for now.

A premium pick on the OL next year is almost a must. Adams is obviously not a long-term solution at RT. Colon is a question mark coming back from an achilles. Max will be going in the third year of his deal. Essex is mediocre, at best, and Urbik and Foster have the potential to be mediocre, maybe slightly better. A premium player is needed here, whether at OT or G.

The next position that will have to be addressed is NT. I don't think that it has to be addressed next year; the Steelers can wait a year if need be. Signing Casey to a three year deal gives them some leeway, but ultimately, the Phillies will have to find a successor. Hopefully one of Harris or Worthington can develop into a starter at DE opposite Ziggy; both Smith and Kiesel took a while to develop, and I'd be hopeful that one of them may show some starting potential next year or the year after.

The Steelers will always draft BPA, and much to my chagrin, seem to have a penchant for taking first round WRs. Depending on Hines and the development of Sanders/Wallace, this could unfortunately be an option.

Unless (and perhaps even if) a corner on the current roster is converted to safety, I'd like to see a top 3 rounds pick added here. There is still no real depth at safety, and a developmental safety/dimeback is needed here.

If Ike leaves (I'm not convinced that he will), this shoots up the board. I think Lewis has the look of being a future starter. If Ike and Gay leave, the Steelers would have to count on Butler, Burnett and Lewis all developing as planned. Odds are, at least one won't. The question is whether this will be a mid-round or premium need.

Legend

Quote Originally Posted by phillyesq
    I realize that a lockout seems all but inevitable at the moment, but I'll ignore it for now.

A premium pick on the OL next year is almost a must. Adams is obviously not a long-term solution at RT. Colon is a question mark coming back from an achilles. Max will be going in the third year of his deal. Essex is mediocre, at best, and Urbik and Foster have the potential to be mediocre, maybe slightly better. A premium player is needed here, whether at OT or G.

The next position that will have to be addressed is NT. I don't think that it has to be addressed next year; the Steelers can wait a year if need be. Signing Casey to a three year deal gives them some leeway, but ultimately, the Phillies will have to find a successor. Hopefully one of Harris or Worthington can develop into a starter at DE opposite Ziggy; both Smith and Kiesel took a while to develop, and I'd be hopeful that one of them may show some starting potential next year or the year after.

The Steelers will always draft BPA, and much to my chagrin, seem to have a penchant for taking first round WRs. Depending on Hines and the development of Sanders/Wallace, this could unfortunately be an option.

Unless (and perhaps even if) a corner on the current roster is converted to safety, I'd like to see a top 3 rounds pick added here. There is still no real depth at safety, and a developmental safety/dimeback is needed here.

If Ike leaves (I'm not convinced that he will), this shoots up the board. I think Lewis has the look of being a future starter. If Ike and Gay leave, the Steelers would have to count on Butler, Burnett and Lewis all developing as planned. Odds are, at least one won't. The question is whether this will be a mid-round or premium need.
    If Ike and Gay leave, and I believe Ike will, then CB is by far the #1 need going into the next draft even if Lewis proves to be starter capable. They can probably retain Gay at a reasonable price but not sure he is starter capable.

Safety is a real conumdrum. If Troy falters then they need to be looking for a replacement but Troy's skillsets are so unique it will probably be impossible to find anyone like Troy. The impact of that could be a redesign of the defensive scheme because right now it all seems centered around Troy's unique abilities.
    Playing Fantasy Football does not qualify you to be the in the front office or on the coaching staff of the Pittsburgh Steelers. They are professionals and you are not!

Never mind the Mayans. Every calendar in my house ends in December of THIS YEAR.

Hall of Famer

Quote Originally Posted by Oviedo
    Quote Originally Posted by phillyesq

If Ike and Gay leave, and I believe Ike will, then CB is by far the #1 need going into the next draft even if Lewis proves to be starter capable. They can probably retain Gay at a reasonable price but not sure he is starter capable.

Safety is a real conumdrum. If Troy falters then they need to be looking for a replacement but Troy's skillsets are so unique it will probably be impossible to find anyone like Troy. The impact of that could be a redesign of the defensive scheme because right now it all seems centered around Troy's unique abilities.

I don't think Steelers are going to extend Ike Taylor unless Ike gives Steelers a discount. I would be disappointed if Steelers give Ike top notch CB money. If Casey's play has not deteriorated much then i don't see Steelers drafting a NT in Rd 1. If Willie Colon comes back from injury i don't think Steelers will draft a Tackle in Rd 1. But they can draft a OG in rd 2. I still believe Steelers need to upgrade LG/RG. They are ok at Tackle position with Willie and Max.

I see Steelers going after a CB in Rd 1. I see Steelers drafting guy like Aaron Williams from Texas.

Aaron Williams - CB
    Mike Pouncey - OG
    Steelers Draft
    Rd 1: Mike Evans - WR
    Rd 2: Kyle Van Noy - ILB/OLB
    Rd 3c: Philip Gaines - CB
    Rd 4: Taylor Hart - DE
    Rd 5: Justin Ellis - DT
    Rd 5c:Xavier Grimble -TE

Pro Bowler

I'm not sure about first round corner, unless the next Rod Woodson is sitting there somewhere. We passed on that kid from Boise State last year and I thought he was an excellent prospect.

We haven't gone round 1 corner since Chad Scott and Lebeau's scheme doesn't really demand an Elite Corner, it demands pressure and as long as there is pressure a second tier corner a'la Ike Taylor is completely serviceable; McFadden or Lewis could do the same.
    http://i177.photobucket.com/albums/w...asian07/RJ.jpg[/quote]

go to http://www.thebreastcancersite.com to donate a free mammogram a day to women without health insurance.

Huge thanks to AA for all the help with the signature.